The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

But Self Damage Trinity...

MoyuTheTrinity

-Blessing:  Damage immunity is now based on the percentage of health healed (ie: healing 90% health will grant 90% immunity).  This should make the use of Blessing more reactive, greatly benefiting players that pay attention and monitor party health to maximize its effectiveness.

Trinity by design was never meant to have such an aggressive means of invincibility, and this fix should bring Blessing’s use back in line with our original intent.  Spamming it at full health will now have no benefit.

So basicly trinity can spam self damage get to 1% use blessing then YOLO around with link on unharmed still

BUT people who actualy want to protect their team are screwed?

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

So basicly trinity can spam self damage get to 1% use blessing then YOLO around with link on unharmed still

Most blast weapons do a minimum of 5,000 raw damage.

Trinity has 15 armor, 700~ shields, and 600~ health on a good day which is less than 2,000 effective health. Even with Link active, You're still dealing 1250 minimum to yourself per hit.

So even if you "spammed," you would need to intentionally gimp your explosive weapon, and cast blessing after each shot so that you don't die.

Is Link back to 100% Damage Reduction?

Well, if you go maso-trinity and put yourself at very low health, then [new bless]+[link], that should get you pretty much invincible (assuming that they will stack)

Edited by Rikage

The real Question is does the immunity of Blessing stack with the immunity of Link? If yes its enough to get immortal again by activating Blessing at 75% Health.

[Edit:]I write not fast enough in the time i write this 3 other guys Post faster than me -.- ^^

Edited by Psycho1848

The real Question is does the immunity of Blessing stack with the immunity of Link? If yes its enough to get immortal again by activating Blessing at 75% Health.

doubtful they will be additive.

their totally seperate entities so its a safe bet that you wont be totally immune.

doubtful they will be additive.

their totally seperate entities so its a safe bet that you wont be totally immune.

Theoretically if they dont add up, Blessing will be spammable just like it is now... from what I understood you dont get damage reduction from Blessing, you get damage immunity.

Lets say you heal yourself at 25% health, that means you have 75% of your health protected by Blessing for its duration. Once that goes down, if you where being shot you have gone to 75% health, casting it again gives you 25% immunity... once it wears out, and you got shot during the process, you will have 25% health.

Its an endless cycle if it works like that, only difference is you cant keep the whole team invincible if you dont all lose health.

Theoretically if they dont add up, Blessing will be spammable just like it is now... from what I understood you dont get damage reduction from Blessing, you get damage immunity.

Lets say you heal yourself at 25% health, that means you have 75% of your health protected by Blessing for its duration. Once that goes down, if you where being shot you have gone to 75% health, casting it again gives you 25% immunity... once it wears out, and you got shot during the process, you will have 25% health.

Its an endless cycle if it works like that, only difference is you cant keep the whole team invincible if you dont all lose health.

you get damage reduction% based off how much HP u healed, their example shows that if you heal 90% of your HP you gain 90% dmg reduction, so if you and 2 others are full HP and 1 man is at 10% HP and you use blessing, what happens is that that 1 man heals fully like we all do only he gains 90% dmg reduction while the other 3 fully heal but gain 0% dmg reduction and your out of luck until blessing duration ends if you need another heal.

you get damage reduction% based off how much HP u healed, their example shows that if you heal 90% of your HP you gain 90% dmg reduction, so if you and 2 others are full HP and 1 man is at 10% HP and you use blessing, what happens is that that 1 man heals fully like we all do only he gains 90% dmg reduction while the other 3 fully heal but gain 0% dmg reduction and your out of luck until blessing duration ends if you need another heal.

Thats why I pointed "Its an endless cycle if it works like that, only difference is you cant keep the whole team invincible if you dont all lose health."

Again theoretically if everybody loses a little health you can start the cycle, all you have to do is guarantee, once Blessing is up, to be damaged so you can get immunity again once it ends...

People just havent realized yet its the same blessing where you have to work a bit to have that invincibility...

They will only fix it if they change damage immunity to damage reduction.

Edited by Hybridon

Thats why I pointed "Its an endless cycle if it works like that, only difference is you cant keep the whole team invincible if you dont all lose health."

Again theoretically if everybody loses a little health you can start the cycle, all you have to do is guarantee, once Blessing is up, to be damaged so you can get immunity again once it ends...

People just havent realized yet its the same blessing where you have to work a bit to have that invincibility...

They will only fix it if they change damage immunity to damage reduction.

your thinking the whole team gets 90% dmg reduction if you use blessing when your at 10% hp?

it sounds more like its a teamwide thing, you activate blessing and the following happens.

your at 10%hp, you fullheal and gain 90% dmg reduction

teammate1 is at 90%hp, hes fullhealed and gains 10% dmg reduction

teammate2 is at 100%hp he gets no heal and gets 0% dmg reduction

teammate3 is at 50%hp he gets fullhealed and gets 50% dmg reduction.

in that example teammate2 is pretty much knackered in high lvl survival/defence as he now has no damage reduction at all and has to wait for your blessing duration to end before he can get a new heal or another chance at some dmg reduction.

the way it reads doesnt seem to indicate that everyone gets the same dmg reduction based off your personal heal, their all seperate, unless its noted elsewhere thats not the case but to me it reads like their all individual so being able to save the team isnt possible, only individuals.

Edited by Methanoid

imho it sounds bad, healing/buffing 1 man to have the other 3 potentially S#&$ out of luck until the duration ends and can be recast.

doesnt sound very "team useful" to me.

Have you really looked at what they said will happen? If you cast Blessing and you heal someone, whoever is healed the most (so in a situation where you heal for 40%, 50%, 60%, and 90% you pick 90%) will have their resistance application apply to everyone. (So that 90% from the previous example will be applied to everyone, so everyone gets 90% resistance). So yes, you might heal only one guy, but EVERYONE gets the bonus.

your thinking the whole team gets 90% dmg reduction if you use blessing when your at 10% hp?

it sounds more like its a teamwide thing, you activate blessing and the following happens.

your at 10%hp, you fullheal and gain 90% dmg reduction

teammate1 is at 90%hp, hes fullhealed and gains 10% dmg reduction

teammate2 is at 100%hp he gets no heal and gets 0% dmg reduction

teammate3 is at 50%hp he gets fullhealed and gets 50% dmg reduction.

in that example teammate2 is pretty much knackered in high lvl survival/defence as he now has no damage reduction at all and has to wait for your blessing duration to end before he can get a new heal or another chance at some dmg reduction.

the way it reads doesnt seem to indicate that everyone gets the same dmg reduction based off your personal heal, their all seperate, unless its noted elsewhere thats not the case but to me it reads like their all individual so being able to save the team isnt possible, only individuals.

That is not what it is at all. They already said how it would work.

Have you really looked at what they said will happen? If you cast Blessing and you heal someone, whoever is healed the most (so in a situation where you heal for 40%, 50%, 60%, and 90% you pick 90%) will have their resistance application apply to everyone. (So that 90% from the previous example will be applied to everyone, so everyone gets 90% resistance). So yes, you might heal only one guy, but EVERYONE gets the bonus.

i have read, and if you check above on the sentance that was scored out you will notice i made that comment on their first revision of blessing, and your right it no longer applies to their 2nd revision, but i was was right at their original time of posting :)

their 1st change = all ppl got dmg reduction based off their own personal hp% which was bad for the team, 2nd change = the method you quoted which benefits the whole team.

That is not what it is at all. They already said how it would work.

it was on their first change notes which are still posted only scored out, i was right when that was first posted but now wrong on their 2nd blessing change.

FIRST BLESSING CHANGE  << When i made my reply

Blessing: Damage immunity is now based on the percentage of health healed (ie: healing 90% health will grant 90% immunity). This should make the use of Blessing more reactive, greatly benefiting players that pay attention and monitor party health to maximize its effectiveness.

2ND BLESSING CHANGE  << revised version which my reply was not applicable for

Blessing:  On cast, Blessing restores all shields and health. Damage reduction for the duration of the skill is now based on the greatest percentage of health healed (i.e: if you have a squad with members whose health you healed 30%, 40% and 90%, all party members will receive Damage reduction at the greatest percent, 90% in this case)

seems like this will be fine at low levels, but pointless at higher levels, where you loose 1000 shields and health in under a second.

I guess players could stand in fire or smash windows to get low.

I also wonder how this reduction stacks with Link.

does 25% +75% from link make trinity immune?

or work like mitigation. 

1000 > 750 > 187.5

Edited by Tatersail

As long as we can still cast Blessing even though it's "duration" is still active, it will allow Trinity to heal like other healers do in MMORPGs: Spamming a button.

Yay generic-ness.

Still?  When you try to cast Blessing while the invulnerability duration is still up, it reads "power in use".

What makes you think this has changed?