Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Has Wilhelm?

FierceRadiance

I was just watching the brief U13.3 trailer a few minutes ago, and one of the Grineer screams I've always enjoyed sounded, which brought to mind the classic sci-fi scream/tribute, the Wilhelm.  Yes, if you know to listen for it, it's everywhere.  I don't care; I like hearing it.

Is that an asset that has to be licensed?  It's entirely possible that's the case, and if so, never mind.  But if it isn't, might we someday hear that beloved scream in-game, under the right conditions?  It wouldn't be appropriate everywhere, but I for one would enjoy hearing it from time to time.

The beauty of the Wilhelm Scream is that it appears once, maybe twice in a film as a sign that it exists. It's a little Easter egg for us to recognize, and that's why we enjoy it. Having it play multiple times in a game session would spoil the magic.

:/

The beauty of the Wilhelm Scream is that it appears once, maybe twice in a film as a sign that it exists. It's a little Easter egg for us to recognize, and that's why we enjoy it. Having it play multiple times in a game session would spoil the magic.

Exactly this. Maybe if it was in a cutscene or something alike, but replayed over and over? No, thank you.

:/

This is sad, but also true.  Hearing it more than once or so in a mission would be too much.

And speaking of too much, here's 12 minutes of Wilhelm appearances in films over the decades (for them what don't know what a Wilhelm is).