Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I Want To Forma The Angstrum

Jinsoku

Question

I have so many forma anyway that I don't find using any at all on any weapon to be a waste. I mean if you enjoy the weapon then sure why not, so what if they release a dual version? If it were up to me, I'd build two separate angstrums to use to build the dual one and keep my original angstrum as well since I liked it that much and can't part ways with it.

Thats what most people said about the duel Cestra.... yet they STILL went and did one.

No clue about the Cestra... I didn't see it as that powerful.

The Angstrum falls into the same "god-like power" category as the Brakk and Marelok to me.

That's just my opinion and I have been wrong before.

For my part, I'll probably put a forma or 2 into the Angstrum and if an Akimbo option presents itself I'll build new ones and go from there. I already have a potato in mine and would be more annoyed about losing the potato than the forma.

It takes a set amount of time PER SHOT to charge the weapon, so if you max out your mag your charge time will be very long. Long charge time and long reload time from Tainted Clip will make the weapon very slow and annoying to use even just shooting at a Vortex. I couldn't stand to use it that way in an actual mission with stuff running around.

When you tap a single shot, what it's doing is auto-charging to exactly one round so you don't accidentally stop charging early and get nothing. This amount of time doesn't change with mag size, but adding firing rate makes weapons charge faster so you can blow the mag more often, and will make that first shot from a tap more responsive. Using Lethal Torrent and Gunslinger makes it feel really good when tapping, a lot like Seer.

I have pretty comfident that this won't have an Akimbo version. Akimbo automatic guns? No problem. Akimbo hitscan semi's? No problem. Akimbo mini shotguns? No problem. Akimbo GRENADE SPAMMER? ... now that would be a problem. And with charge mechanism? I simply don't see akimbo version coming. 

The main drawback of the akimbo versions over the single versions appears to be loss of accuracy with a gain in fire rate which works well in most cases, not entirely sure this logic would work with a hand held rocket launcher.

Cestra got a dual variant, and so did Lex. Won't be surprised if Marelok and Angstrum are next.

Marelok will most likely as when the art was introduced it was shown as a pair. I'm more inclined to side with those thinking that it won't for the angstrom. The only charge type secondary hasn't and I can't figure out how they would do that with dual wield. Not saying I'm right of course, my crystal ball broke last week.

Edited by NevanChambers

I hope it won't have a dual version so my 5 forma won't be wasted.. :D

What does that Multishot ticked in the builder do? Im confused

It just applies the multishot % in the damage stats. It should be on by default.

(Rifle 90% = double damage)

(Pistol 180% = triple damage)

Angstrum base damage (charged) 1275 blast.

With multishot 180% would be 1275 * 3 = 3825

Builder says 3570 because it considers 180% not 200%.

Edited by CookingFood

Was wondering one thing about this weapon, is there anyway to reduce the recoil so that it focus a little more the rockets while firing with multi shot?

I tryed the mod reducing recoil by 60% on mine but i don't find it really better, they keep spreading quite a lot.

Is it a bug or the effect is there but i don't see it?