Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cicero & Tethra Event Mods...

El_Diablo007

In my humble opinion, these mods have to be added into the game for people to obtain them.

Even if you make them Nightmare mode mods... there are some people that recently started the game and didn't have a chance to obtain these mods.  With the Damage 2.0 system, these mods are extremely useful and they take less space in terms of equipping them.  Most people already have most of the Nightmare mode mods anyway, so adding these to the bunch will only entice people to start playing it again...

Hard to say what will become of them.

On one hand, they devs have expressed interest in recirculating them.

On the other, the devs really hate to upset loyal customers who have paid (obscene amounts of) platinum to get one of these mods, or those who would feel their precious mods would lose value once they are no longer exclusive. Exclusivity and beta testing go hand in hand, right...?

Maybe when they make Nightmare Void.

In my humble opinion, these mods have to be added into the game for people to obtain them.

Even if you make them Nightmare mode mods... there are some people that recently started the game and didn't have a chance to obtain these mods.  With the Damage 2.0 system, these mods are extremely useful and they take less space in terms of equipping them.  Most people already have most of the Nightmare mode mods anyway, so adding these to the bunch will only entice people to start playing it again...

Or people can just man up and buy the set in the market.

Worrying about wounded pride is going to ruin this and any other game which aspires towards a healthy development cycle. Exclusivity a perk of Beta testing? No? Your perk is that you get to play the game before it's done. A certain degree of exclusivity is fine. Cosmetics, etc, fine. Warframe is really stacking up a bevy of exclusive content in a game which kind of NEEDS more regular content. They need to stop taking content out of this game, period. They need to stop locking off things as "exclusive" content. For a limited time on event items? Sure. But there is more than enough room in the loot tables for USEFUL stuff to be added rather than a 10:1 ratio for scrap mods everyone already has 150 of.

Worrying about wounded pride is going to ruin this and any other game which aspires towards a healthy development cycle. Exclusivity a perk of Beta testing? No? Your perk is that you get to play the game before it's done. A certain degree of exclusivity is fine. Cosmetics, etc, fine. Warframe is really stacking up a bevy of exclusive content in a game which kind of NEEDS more regular content. They need to stop taking content out of this game, period. They need to stop locking off things as "exclusive" content. For a limited time on event items? Sure. But there is more than enough room in the loot tables for USEFUL stuff to be added rather than a 10:1 ratio for scrap mods everyone already has 150 of.

One day we will have a sarcasm font.

I appreciate everyone's feedback... to be quite honest, I understand the need for exclusive stuff.  

But these mods are too powerful and too USEFUL, especially  in Damage 2.0.  Considering that combined, they create Corrosive which to me is the most useful element combination in the game right now... they need to allow them for circulation.

There are other multi stat elemental mods in the game right now... and all of them are attainable.

Wildfire, Ice Storm, Blaze.. and I might be missing one... lol!  My brain isn't 100% right now.. lol!

I'm saying they can just make all of these attainable via Nightmare mode... 

Oh and I forgot to mention, while I don't post much on the boards... I've been playing this game for quite a while.  I have the Tethra Mods by the way.  I only don't have the Cicero Event ones..

With all that being said, I still say they should allow them to be acquired.

Oh and people that used platinum to get them... well do you know how long it takes to max out Redirection, Vitality, Hornet Strike and Serration?

People used the Legendary Core on those and started selling them... immediately decreasing the value.  So it's bound to happen that you are going to spend Platinum on something that later becomes available a little easier...

Problem is if we present a case to DE about the Cireo mods, then what about Snipertron/ Snipertron vandle or the other event guns that are exclusive, if DE rerolls one event, then it has to do all

Edited by McBurney

Hard to say what will become of them.

On one hand, they devs have expressed interest in recirculating them.

On the other, the devs really hate to upset loyal customers who have paid (obscene amounts of) platinum to get one of these mods, or those who would feel their precious mods would lose value once they are no longer exclusive. Exclusivity and beta testing go hand in hand, right...?

Maybe when they make Nightmare Void.

People who call this a beta don't understand that it's really not a beta. This game is a commercial product doing business commercially. It has a marketing aspect to it encouraging the purchase of addons to the game. The fact that they charge money for content indicates that it is not a true beta.

The word beta in the gaming industry is now being used to manufacture a sense of exclusivity where there is none. This is a sales and marketing ploy to manufacture a sense of urgency in the consumer so that there is an impulse to buy. This is sales and marketing 101 people.

It's much better to position a game as a beta and charge for it and then when stuff hits the fan or breaks, the dev can say they will update the game or fix it as a beta. It is much better than saying you have a faulty product on the market that you need to patch. The need for patching has a negative connotation. It's all about spin.

Furthermore, I'm not quite on board with the devs being concerned with how much people have invested in such and such mod or what the daily going rate of a mod or mod set is or how much time someone has put in to collecting things. They are nerfing frames left and right and removing helms without losing much sleep, so I expect that they wouldn't lose sleep releasing mods or removing them entirely.

I for one think it's unfair to punish incoming players by denying them access to stuff others have. For a team supposedly concerned with balance to the point of nerfing frames and upsetting a lot of folks, they sure as heck aren't concerned about the imbalance of having these mods in circulation and not available to the rest of the community.

Edited by snaptaculous

-snap-

Blah blah blah, they balanced the game, blah blah blah, you don't like Nova and Trinity anymore. Boo stupid hoo.

That is very very far from the topic of this thread. How you brought frames into this I can't begin to comprehend. Also never used the term 'beta' in that post. The only people who use the fact that this game is in beta as an excuse, are the players. The devs have not once tried to excuse a bug or certainly not a very well executed balancing measure by stating that it's a beta.

Of course there's also a user agreement you consented to by playing this game that says you own nothing and the devs have full power to revert your account back to unranked with nothing to your name but the platinum you've purchased.

I realize this is derailing more and more, but I need to convey something else to you. They've upset the very vocal minority. Those who don't care about, don't mind the change, or are appreciative of it, don't come here to sing their praises - they keep playing.

The overall, lasting quality of the game is weighted far more than some disgruntled fans who've lost their instant-win button and can't recognize the issue with such a thing existing to begin with.

My sentiment in the post you quoted remains and I'm honestly still trying to figure out why you quoted it to begin with, let alone why you posted that in this thread at all.

I disagree, exclusivity of these mods are a reward. If they were to reintroduce them into the game they'd be like prime parts at the moment..... "Cheap China". Which completely ruins the point of giving them as an event reward. It's unfortunate that people didn't get them, but that doesn't mean that they should be mass manufactured. This puts into question the need to participate in events for exclusive rewards In the first place if they are re-released into the game.

Edited by ShadowlessReaper

Why do these events in the first place if they were just freely available. This is silly. I don't begrudge the founders their junk. There's plenty of junk already in the game.

Man, just wait long enough. Eventually they'll re-release. You can  play the game without those event mods and still be OP.

The events are just another reason for you to play the game... and are also done by DE in an attempt to get users who already beat the game (finished the entire star chart) to continue playing.  That's also why they created the Dark Sector missions... and the Solar Rails.

I've played other games before that offer events and special drop rates or drops during those events, and it's all fine and dandy.  However, the weapons and drops weren't vital to you kicking &#! in this game, where as both of these event mods are.  As I previously said earlier, the elements in these mods create Corrosive, which is quite frankly the most useful element in the game since Damage 2.0 was introduced.  To top it off, they also add Status Chance, and they take less mod space than their singular counterpart.  (IE:Poison melee:Fever Strike)

I know how great it is to offer exclusive content, but not when it's something this important.  For example, do you see me complaining about the Strun Wraith.. or the Wraith Twin Vipers?  Those guns are excellent, I'd say the best in their class.. but they aren't imperative for me to play with.  I can use alternatives.  Those mods on the other hand, they are very useful.. and I have one of the sets.. just imagine the people that started playing the game late and don't have access to them unless they go on the trade chat and buy them for an arm and a leg worth of platinum.

What I'm getting at is I hope they do decide to re-release them.  They are too important not to.

no

buy them with plat if you want them

You do realise that there's only a finite amount in existance since the events have ended?

I'm for releasing them, i wouldn't be bothered but they're far to powerful of mods to not be released to the public.

The events are just another reason for you to play the game... and are also done by DE in an attempt to get users who already beat the game (finished the entire star chart) to continue playing.  That's also why they created the Dark Sector missions... and the Solar Rails.

I've played other games before that offer events and special drop rates or drops during those events, and it's all fine and dandy.  However, the weapons and drops weren't vital to you kicking &#! in this game, where as both of these event mods are.  As I previously said earlier, the elements in these mods create Corrosive, which is quite frankly the most useful element in the game since Damage 2.0 was introduced.  To top it off, they also add Status Chance, and they take less mod space than their singular counterpart.  (IE:Poison melee:Fever Strike)

I know how great it is to offer exclusive content, but not when it's something this important.  For example, do you see me complaining about the Strun Wraith.. or the Wraith Twin Vipers?  Those guns are excellent, I'd say the best in their class.. but they aren't imperative for me to play with.  I can use alternatives.  Those mods on the other hand, they are very useful.. and I have one of the sets.. just imagine the people that started playing the game late and don't have access to them unless they go on the trade chat and buy them for an arm and a leg worth of platinum.

What I'm getting at is I hope they do decide to re-release them.  They are too important not to.

I don't feel that they are all that important. In fact I don't even feel the need to use them in my main loadouts (and I don't).

As you've said yourself when giving the Wraith weapons series example, they're excellent weapons but not imperative for me to play with.

That pretty much translates here, while these mods are excellent mods they are not imperative for you to play with.

Edited by ShadowlessReaper

they arent that amazing... you dont have them thats fine...

So lets look at possible solutions hmmm

how about you use a weapon that has a low status chance eg the soma... no need for status on that you build it with crit and the normal elemental damage types you know those ones that give 90% rather than 60%...

some people will whine about anything and if they are such a "imperative" mod that is "far to powerful" than buy them with plat go spend $$$ buying the plat for the mods and then you have your oh so important mods...

but they cant release something as an exclusive reward and then go here now everyone can have it because you know... some people whined about it not being fair...

they arent that amazing... you dont have them thats fine...

So lets look at possible solutions hmmm

how about you use a weapon that has a low status chance eg the soma... no need for status on that you build it with crit and the normal elemental damage types you know those ones that give 90% rather than 60%...

some people will whine about anything and if they are such a "imperative" mod that is "far to powerful" than buy them with plat go spend $$$ buying the plat for the mods and then you have your oh so important mods...

but they cant release something as an exclusive reward and then go here now everyone can have it because you know... some people whined about it not being fair...

It was never stated that the event mods would be exclusive rewards, that's something the players have just assumed to be true.

Granted yes, there is compelling evidence that they will never be re-released, because more people would whine if their assumed-to-be-exclusive mods suddenly became acquirable once more.

They're incredibly useful mods either way. Not "far to (sic) powerful".

I bought my event mods with an exorbitant amount of platinum, and the longer we go without a recirculation, the more people can leverage out of them. I would still rather them become available again, even if the platinum I spent became a waste. Exclusivity only alienates and divides players, and I'm more interested in the health and success of this game than my own status within it.