Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forced To Target Enemies For Warframe Abilities.

sneakatone

I am referring to abilities like saryns venom, nekros force push, loki switch teleport , oberon etc. they all require a lock on to activate. there should be an  option to choose for abilities to target or free aim. because it is hard to track an enemy with that some times.

P.S. I use middle mouse button for abilities so it kinda get harder to aim.

Edited by sneakatone

er. Soul Punch i could see as perhaps being a freeaim Power, since you could use the AoE Explosion from it. 

but most powers that are targeted, are so for good reason. since they'd be useless if you aimed at a wall.

er. Soul Punch i could see as perhaps being a freeaim Power, since you could use the AoE Explosion from it. 

but most powers that are targeted, are so for good reason. since they'd be useless if you aimed at a wall.

Soul Punch would be just as useless aimed at a wall. Have fun punching the soul out of a box, mate.

Soul Punch would be just as useless aimed at a wall. Have fun punching the soul out of a box, mate.

if you aim at an Enemy but shoot under him, and it hits the Ground, it makes a Shockwave that knocks Enemies around.

Well how Mass Effect was able to resolve this was with a automatic lock-on system that'd lock on to the nearest enemy to your crosshair. Since we have a power called Psychic Bolts, I'd imagine this could be possible. Although this might be an issue for precise targeting so Aiming/Blocking should disable the auto lock-on.

Edited by Liacu

Well how Mass Effect was able to resolve this was with a automatic lock-on system that'd lock on to the nearest enemy to your crosshair. Since we have a power called Psychic Bolts, I'd imagine this could be possible. Although this might be an issue for precise targeting so Aiming/Blocking should disable the auto lock-on.

Psychic Bolts? What's that? How come I've never seen anyone use it?

XD

oh no, we have to actually put in effort.

The horror.

His point is to make abilities smoother, simpler and "on the fly" like the rest of Warframes gameplay, there's no reason to mock him for it.

I don't support this though. Ultimately, you'll get what you're given at this point as the devs queue up things to tweak. I doubt those abilities the OP used as an example will stay the way they are today in the long run. At this point, this is a constructive post because it gives good ideas but at the same time I don't think this particular idea is practical and I believe another idea that stems from this one will take its place.