Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Few Fun Weapons?

ToKeSia

I have a questions to ask:

Why of all weapons in this game differently only in damage?

Each time a new patch released, a new weapon came out with new model, adjusted stats [slash,impact,puncture, element dmg, crit chance, reload spedd, range . . . etc]  it concerns only those two things but nothing different likes "I have 100 guns but the best is 5". Also, why the output damage is absolutely everything in this game, why don't they try something else? like a gun that can push enemies , throw away, drain and other ideals that outside "damage" field.

I saw many weapons on wikia, but many of them are just leveling items, use it and throw away and when people talking about weapon , they only selected weapons with high speed killing both single and group likes soma, many prime weapon, so other weapon are already forgotten and their only purpose is for levelup your rank.

I just want to ask, if DE have any plans to change those old weapons into a new one that look usable more than changing some stats and hey, this is a new gun!.

I have a questions to ask:

...why don't they try something else? like a gun that can push enemies , throw away, drain and other ideals that outside "damage" field...

Most of those things can be achieved with status builds and elemental mods instead of damage, if you aren't doing that then some weapons would seem useless as they do not always excel in damage.

My Boar prime does tons of damage but its almost guaranteed to proc the status (92%) from the blast damage I have on it. Ragdoll anything on line of fire with Seeking Force to go through enemies, Vicious Spread for wider arc and Hells Chamber for more projectiles. Very efficient crowd control though not the most damaging build out there. Similar Build on Sweeper for my carrier.

I mean, you can have one guy with a rocket launcher, dual pistols, and greatsword standing next to another guy with a bow, throwing knives, and two daggers, standing next to yet another guy with a railgun, goop launcher, and two axes made out of flesh.

I don't think weapon variety is worthy of criticism in this game. Maybe the viability of the more outlandish weapons compared to the generic rifles could use a look at, but these guys did work on Unreal Tournament back in the day. They know crazy.

if you ask for 'like a gun that can push enemies , throw away, drain and other ideals that outside "damage" field'
it's already there from warframe skills :/ , or mods like blast effect
i don't think we need it

I mean, you can have one guy with a rocket launcher, dual pistols, and greatsword standing next to another guy with a bow, throwing knives, and two daggers, standing next to yet another guy with a railgun, goop launcher, and two axes made out of flesh.

I don't think weapon variety is worthy of criticism in this game. Maybe the viability of the more outlandish weapons compared to the generic rifles could use a look at, but these guys did work on Unreal Tournament back in the day. They know crazy.

yes i know they don't need variety of guns but the warframe's currrent direction, i saw like 50 guns++ with only different in stats. [and nice weapon model]

if you ask for 'like a gun that can push enemies , throw away, drain and other ideals that outside "damage" field'

it's already there from warframe skills :/ , or mods like blast effect

i don't think we need it

that's just a ideal, it didn't need to be that. If you think this is a good one, then this game just focused on whose guns is better? which deal the most damage, good range? fast reload? high critical chance + mutiplier? high chance proc? ----> lead to all damage and the best one. then all below gun are useless? some higher rank weapon also useless if slow killing speed? that's it?

Edited by ToKeSia

that's just a ideal, it didn't need to be that. If you think this is a good one, then this game just focused on whose guns is better? which deal the most damage, good range? fast reload? high critical chance + mutiplier? high chance proc? ----> lead to all damage and the best one. then all below gun are useless? some higher rank weapon also useless if slow killing speed? that's it?

this game have mods,

many warframes with different unique ability,

weapon have different fire mechanism too, it's not all rifle/pistol firing a bullet (and DE should be still developing more creative ideas)

it isn't an offline single player human with 100 guns (with whatever power you can think on your ideal) and you still choose the best 5 of it..or maybe less

i think the most unique weapon idea will be made into a new frame instead of a gun (a frame skills is a weapon too right?)

"a gun shooting a vortex..? i don't think we can have that"

this game have mods,

many warframes with different unique ability,

weapon have different fire mechanism too, it's not all rifle/pistol firing a bullet (and DE should be still developing more creative ideas)

it isn't an offline single player human with 100 guns (with whatever power you can think on your ideal) and you still choose the best 5 of it..or maybe less

i think the most unique weapon idea will be made into a new frame instead of a gun (a frame skills is a weapon too right?)

"a gun shooting a vortex..? i don't think we can have that"

but those mod that u refer, it only improve weapon stats, nothing more than that and  If they too focused on warframe, then why bother make a new gun and those gun nothing different in stats.

This game lacks the dakka.

Aside from gorgon/variants and soma there are no much other bullet LMG's in the game and even they don't have much CC ability (well my 6 form Grwraith would say different but still). The only thing we need brutal, large bullet, slow shooting LMG and smaller caiber, faster shooting LMG for CC kinda like the "hammers" are.

You have a crit hammer, status hammer and hammer in between, same goes with every other weapon except the LMG's. You have a high dmg LMG with no accuracy (supra), you have a crit LMG (Soma) and you have a status build inbetweener that's pretty much not obtainable.

Even bullet shooting (or whatever if not bullets) can be utility build if it has fun effect. Kestrel for example is ragdoll on charge. I find that useful utility.