The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrosive Projection: Still Useful?

Vanadium

Question

Kind of tired of slotting Energy Siphon on everything that has a dash aura slot since Med Team Energy Restores make it (sort of, not completely) redundant.

So how does corrosive projection work with Damage 2.0 (now that it's been 2 months without a tweak to resistances)?

Does it only work on Grineer?

Is the lone 30% effective or is it only useful with the full 120% (100%)?

13 answers to this question

Works only on Grineer and Grineer-type Corrupted, but is VERY useful.

Something like +30% damage from a single one, around level 50, and scales even higher as you go to higher levels or have teammates bring them too/

Corrosive Projection does a pretty good job. 

30% less Armor alone makes a huge difference.

since Armor is the only way our Enemies make themselves survive even slightly.

(Armor being like 5x as good as Flesh and Shields)

Considering its already a - aura, you can fit it on all your energy siphon using frames. I would say to only use it against endless grineer survival though. Theres no reason any party ever needs to have 4 energy siphons, 2 siphons and 2 corrosive projections would be more than enough. Especially when it comes to endless survival, you will likely have a nekros who can decrease their armor even further with terrify.

Its worth it, but obviously not in every mission or faction.

NSS. I was disagreeing to 'not every faction'; should always use for Grineer. But I do agree that its not as important at lower levels, where stuff dies easy, but its utterly critical at high levels.

Considering its already a - aura, you can fit it on all your energy siphon using frames. I would say to only use it against endless grineer survival though. Theres no reason any party ever needs to have 4 energy siphons, 2 siphons and 2 corrosive projections would be more than enough. Especially when it comes to endless survival, you will likely have a nekros who can decrease their armor even further with terrify.

Its worth it, but obviously not in every mission or faction.

Most Nekros players build solely towards optimizing Desecrate. If they include other abilities, it's usually not Terrify, because it makes enemies really annoying to kill. The armor redux isn't all that great either. It's unreliable, too, because Nekros can only recast once it's over or everything afflicted by it is dead.

I agree with the rest of your post though. Heck, even 1 ES/3CPs works fine if you want a balance between armor redux and reliable energy flow. A good Trinity with EV and 4 CPs is probably also fine for the complete armor nullification.

Edited by Noble_Cactus