Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Many Frames

Deidaku

Odd question. I don't know where you get your timeline or what you mean by "complete", but the game currently indicates there will be mr30, and the equation works out to it taking 4x as much to get from 15 to 30 as it does from 0 to 15.

So, supposing the current game is on trend and that doesn't change, when mr30 is available, we'd have somewhere around 100 frames.

On the other hand, if you want to know how many frames we'll have in 2 years, we're currently averaging about 8/year, so, supposing they don't significantly ramp that up, we can expect there to be roughly 36 frames around this time in 2016.

Extrapolating between those two concepts, that would suggest that mr30 would be available somewhere around 7 years from now.

So, just before lobbies are put in u38.

I'm willing to bet Warframe will pull a minecraft and switch from beta to full version with 0 change aside from the beta stamp.

To be kind, I think they will make the switch when every boss is of decent quality and they have the rest of the mechanics in place and of a working Melee 2.0 standard

*slow clapping*

why not? it can't stay in beta for 3 years 

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

You so funny.

Please don't turn this into a "but I don't understand what 'beta' means debate". I hate those. Suffice it to say that some things have been in beta for decades.

look at duke nukem forever that was under development for 13 years..... So yeah warframe can be in beta forever

Duke Nukem Forever is a rather extreme example, especially considering that for all its years in Development Hell, it still turned out to be crap.

Define complete.

Fair enough

close to the time that we will know the origins of the frames ( lore ), when every boss has been reworked 

When all in game mechanics have been improved ( we still need movement 2.0 and Stealth 1.0) 

and many frames and weapons later

How many frames are there gonna be when the game is "complete" in 1 or 2 years time 

(excluding primes) 

with all the *animal*-based, physical/sciences/others-based warframe out in-game.

maybe 2x more by next year?

Odd question. I don't know where you get your timeline or what you mean by "complete", but the game currently indicates there will be mr30, and the equation works out to it taking 4x as much to get from 15 to 30 as it does from 0 to 15.

So, supposing the current game is on trend and that doesn't change, when mr30 is available, we'd have somewhere around 100 frames.

Well, it's a good guess another mechanic will come into play which will help to gain Mastery as if it's supposed to be earned with the current system, we'll be crumbling under hundreds of weapons and dozens of Warframes by the time MR30 is a possibility.

Well, it's a good guess another mechanic will come into play which will help to gain Mastery as if it's supposed to be earned with the current system, we'll be crumbling under hundreds of weapons and dozens of Warframes by the time MR30 is a possibility.

I kinda like the idea of having a stable of 100 warframes. Such variety! Like pokeframe: Gotta build 'em all!

In fact, that should be a frame. >.> Pokeframe. Can't call it "ash" or "brokk", so we go with "Misty" I guess?

I kinda like the idea of having a stable of 100 warframes. Such variety! Like pokeframe: Gotta build 'em all!

In fact, that should be a frame. >.> Pokeframe. Can't call it "ash" or "brokk", so we go with "Misty" I guess?

100 frames ? how would that even be possible? XD

Unless they add like 50 that would come from fan concepts I can't see 100 XD

Well, when you look at games like League of Legends who have about (115 I think?) Champions all with their own skill sets it doesn't seem hard to believe.

I do faintly remember somewhere that they plan on settling for about 35-40 warframes, but that may have changed.

How would it not be possible? Just adding the "second variant" of all existing frames brings us up to 38(they've promised "some day, different gender, same theme" for all themes).

Plus, we still have plenty of themes that haven't been touched:

"missing" elemental frames: light, dark, earth, metal, wood, time...

animal frames: dog, fish, pig, frog, snake, lizard, scorpion, dragon, rabbit, horse, monkey...

"class" frames: thief, monk, bard,

"role" frames: petmaster, turret lord, siege master...

there's currently no existing plant frames.

So many possibilities.

If you really must wonder, just look at this:

Every_Mega_Man_boss____ever_by_jjmccullo

That's just 88 out of the 100+ megaman bosses that all had their own unique power.

If megaman can get hundreds of themed powers, why can't we?

There's also 719 pokemon, but I'm not sure they each feature 4 unique powers.

EDIT: Apparently there's 609 pokemoves, so that's enough to make 152 unique sets of 4.

Edited by Llyssa