The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hello! A Hawken Pilot Dons The Way Of The Ninja For His New Adventure!

hijinks_the_turtle

Hello fellow ninjas!  I'm Hijinks!  I'm a pilot from the game Hawken who tried out Warframe and loved it.  In all the games I play I always had a liking for stealth.  Whenever I could in Hawken, I always sneaked around in my Predator mech and did a whole lot of stealthy stuff.  I chose Loki as my starter for obvious reasons. :P  Do tell me awesome tips and other stuff!  I hope I can continue to play this wonderful game with you all!

-Hijinks The Turtle

I dislike Loki, err, i mean, Welcome aboard :D

Do Ash, and crash Loki. Ash is way nicer :p

(on serious talk, everyone says Loki is better, so don't go according to me, i just love Ash soooo)

Anyway, have a nice gaming season!

Thanks everyone!  I really enjoy the stealth so far, but it's missing something... Silent weapons!  Is there any cheap weapons I can get that's good for it?  (Not platinum, but blueprints/shop items) Also, how do I even get the blueprints?  Seriously, the weapons I have right now are too noisy for my liking.  

Also... I saw this flak cannon.  It looks really cool!  Considering I can use that invisibility skill, I can sneak up and shove some lead on unsuspecting enemies. :D  Is there a way I can get that one through blueprints?  The wiki wasn't too clear.

If I can't get the above two for awhile, anyone got some good weapons to try to get as a newbie?

HIJINKS!!

never thought id see you here!! 

*pats his back really hard and laughs like a maniac* 

Oh hey Ropefish! :D  Finally noticed I play this game? :P  Do you have a clan set up here as well? XD

I think the paris is cheap and it is silent.

Weapon blueprints can be found in the market. There are also mods that can quiet your weapons (not sure if it affects how you hear them or just the enemies since I don't really use them).

Oh cool!   I'm still a noob since I believe Paris is XP locked for me right now.  Thanks though!

Also hikou and kunai are silent, at least they were the last time I checked.

Also:

HushMod.png

Ooooh!  I like this one!  Thanks man!

Okay, other than that does anyone know anything about the flak cannon?  Or the newb friendly weapons?

Welcome to the war Tenno. I love stealth play too, perhaps we can do some rescue missions together! Full stealth! Feel free to send a friend request!

Rawrbot

Sweet! NINJA4LYFE!  I'd love to do stealthy stuff with you! ^^

Hello welcome to the madness.

Was a fellow Hawken pilot many months ago long before it was on steam great game.

Have fun slashing your way to victory fellow tenno

Awesome another person knows Hawken!  I still love it, it's my absolute favorite game. ^~^

I never got the chance to play Hawken although I'd eagerly awaited it some years back.

I probably have a couple of the noise reducing mods for weapons. If you are rank one hit me up and I can give them to you.

And "Welcome to the party, Pal !"

Aha, a fellow Hawken player.

Haven't been playing it for very long, but I've recently found the Infiltrator to be to my liking. Fittingly I've been a Loki player over here since time immemorial.

Welcome to Warframe, and have fun!

i'd love to play hawken, but they switched up to steam-only, and i don't do steam so... oh well.

as for loki, focus on mod acquisition.

he's very mod dependent, however once you have the mods... there's a reason why "loki master race" is a thing in this game.

he does require a bit of thought though with no direct offensive abilities.

patience and lots of revives will help. :P

While you like stealth, There isn't much stealth in this game. The mechanics for it is really bad at the moment.

You can reset alarms that enemies trigger (when they alert the entire ship), stealth "attack" not kill enemies with your melee weapon, kill them silently with naturally silent weapons like bows, throwing knives (kunai/despair), throwing stars (hikou), and rocket launchers (Ogris: yes, amazingly this is silent, until DE wishes to change it). Ash (with his smokescreen), Shade (sentinel pet that cloaks you with his Ghost ability), and Loki (Invisibility) are the only sort of "cloaking" mechanic.... Banshee has a skill that "silences" sound but the way it is now, it procs the enemy into noticing you, although because of your ability, if they remain within a certain radius from you, they don't make/produce any sounds to alert other enemies (yelling, hitting, shooting)... unless of course they get to the control console and alert the entire ship.

Check out this thread. It list a couple things (baby steps) toward stealth. Although it's heavily melee based in the discussions.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/234751-backstabbing-and-executions-cool-but-useless-lets-fix-that/#entry2728707

Edited by VoidWraith

I never got the chance to play Hawken although I'd eagerly awaited it some years back.

I probably have a couple of the noise reducing mods for weapons. If you are rank one hit me up and I can give them to you.

And "Welcome to the party, Pal !"

I'll take you up on that deal!  Not now though, I'm rather busy at the moment.

i'd love to play hawken, but they switched up to steam-only, and i don't do steam so... oh well.

as for loki, focus on mod acquisition.

he's very mod dependent, however once you have the mods... there's a reason why "loki master race" is a thing in this game.

he does require a bit of thought though with no direct offensive abilities.

patience and lots of revives will help. :P

Didn't know Warframe could be played off steam.  Steam isn't bad though, I found a ton of awesome games on it.  As for mods, thanks for that, didn't know that at all.  I'll keep an eye on what mods to get.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mods_2.0

this will help

for loki, the following are fairly easy to acquire:

continuity (duration)

stretch (range)

flow (additional energy reserve)

streamline (for better energy efficiency)

adding constitution (nightmare mod, more difficult to acquire)

and topping it off with vigor (also nightmare) is a good setup for getting through a large portion of the game.

stick with lares (mercury) fairly early on.

at wave 10, you'll have the opportunity to get the following mods that will help a ton:

serration

hornet strike

both drop at wave 10, so run to 10, restart.

you'll get decent affinity gain (for that level of the game) and with a little patience you'll get those two (absolutely critical) mods before you venture into venus / earth, where they become very useful.

Edited by xethier

I dislike Loki, err, i mean, Welcome aboard :D

Do Ash, and crash Loki. Ash is way nicer :p

(on serious talk, everyone says Loki is better, so don't go according to me, i just love Ash soooo)

Anyway, have a nice gaming season!

Ash is more of a fighter then stealth, his smoke screen doesn't last as long as cloak and his other abilities dont help out the team unlike lokis

they are both good frames so have fun playing both and decide whose better at stealth