The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Us Back The "old" Void!

at35z

I was looking at my old screenshots, and found some very beautiful shots about the Void:

7PmZzqS.jpg

Basically the Void is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in a video game, but the current tilesets are a bit too bright. Can you give back the old lights?

(Edit: Found more shiny screenshots:

wLTolaX.jpg

2oYwphK.jpg

)

Edited by at35z

I was looking at my old screenshots, and find some very beautiful shots about the Void:

7PmZzqS.jpg

Basically the Void is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in a video game, but the current tilesets are a bit too bright. Can you give back the old lights?

a0230_ORIG-feels_good_man_goat_squint_12

+1

Edited by Nijuroku

I can guess they made changes for performance reasons, which sucks for people with decent rigs.

Well, they need to REDUCE the lights, and I don't think that would increase the requirements, but I'm not a professional videogame-designer, so I could be wrong.

I'm going to have to say that the first screen shot looks the best. The other two, however, I think look poor, and the odd green and blue tinting seems to come from nowhere other than possibly bad lighting, or game settings. It just looks off... but again, the first screen shot looks to be the best of them all, and better than the currently over-bright circumstances that we have now.

The tinting's prolly color correction.

Probably. That's why I added, "or game settings," because I've had people complain that color correction can totally ruin the lighting sometimes. Heck, when I was using Warframe on another person's PC, it turned all the blues into pinks during (I think it was) a Corpus or Derelict mission. I had no idea what was going on there.

All they have to do is to change the brightness of the void tile set.

It should be a bit darker, more orokin gold colored.

I don't like how the void looks right now. Its too bright, there are some "panels" that are just white, they aren't textured.

The Void looks too white and not so good... I would like to see more golden orokin textures with some black and a darker lightning.

They should add new orokin void rooms for the tile set, an expansion.

Here is my suggestion I created a while ago about an Orokin Stargate/Portal Gate for the void.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/163585-stargate-orokin-portal-void-expansion-ideas/

I think they should use both types of sets and lighting.  While the voids do have the same basic layout I'm sure it's perfectly fine lorewise for the towers to have SOME differences in terms of lighting and what not.