May 23Rd: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

tl;dr: I oppose to introduction of anything that would bind my success to actions of other people. Can I pug it even if I have to carry it? Fine. Can I solo it? Fine. Do I need to care about what other people bring and do in that mission? Not fine. BG/ragequit. :P

Ah, ok, now I get your point!

Well then, this is a co-op game! However nobody would complain, if a vet like you beats endgame bosses on a solo mission. It just should be really f*cking hard!

And honestly, I personally don't understand, why you put so much forma (6) into your gear!? My gear beats anything up to Lvl75 with only 3 forma or less. But that's completely up to you... - And I (personally again) find it pretty boring to play about 40min just to reach such NMEs and then get the same boring drops as everywhere else!

I only spent that many forma to get complete builds out of weapons I consider my favorites, so that there's just nothing else to do with them. Those are Akvasto, Akmagnus, Soma, Boltor Prime and (don't get surprised) Hind, which has higher theoretical DPS than both Soma and BP (Actually Burston Prime has even higher).

Here are samples for primary and secondary builds I get max DPS out of.

Still Hot: Warframe Balancing
In the latest DevStream Scott mentioned that Oberon will be next, and that Nova will continue to be worked on. For everyone asking when Valkyr’s Hysteria will be fixed, Geoff showed some amazing new animations during the latest DevStream. Hysteria will function like a stance, with it’s own combos and finishers. Scott still needs to refine the numbers, but Hysteria will be more powerful than a typical melee stance and we expect this is an Update 14 change.

So what are the chances what i post now will be read? Always hard to judge what reaches them and what not and i'd hate to make yet another topic that will only recieve 11 replies before being thrown into the limbo of the forum that is everything past page 2.

First of all, as nice as the new animations look, i really hope they considered the gameplay issues that existed with that too. Mainly that you constantly run out of stamina while whacking on the enemies, leaving you unable to quickly dash to the next enemy wasting valuable time of your Hysteria. So either have her recover stamina with every kill or give it infinity stamina.

Also a short "dash" distance that allows you to connect with enemies that are running away from you will be more than helpfull.

Second, as for the numbers and balancing here is my idea:

Make Hysteria a fourth modable weapon on Valkyr.

Having Zephyr allows a new option in the game that allows you to switch to the flappy bird mini game, without having to go to the lockin menu. This means that casual changes to the UI like this are apperently very easy to make. So how about giving Valkyr a unique 4th weapon slot?

In this exclusively slot you could not actualy see the damage numbers of what her Hysteria claws will do, it would also allow you to mod said ability to  fine tune it on the enemies you are going to face. This would also make it far more easier for us to give Scott feedback on the damage numbers.

It could also be detached from Power Strength mods,  since it now gains damage boni from melee mods, giving us more freedom on how to tweak Valkyr, without reducing her raw damage output.

The Melee damage boosting mod is also very easy to get unlike the ones for primary and secondary, so newbies gaining it would be a minimal issue.

Further the Hysteria weapon could gain damage increases with Warframe level ups.

Finaly it would eliminate the problem of having to equip melee weapons before activating Hysteria in order to get the right damage boni, since Hysteria would simply switch to the new official fourth weapon.

Oh and nice bonus, you could truely make a "no weapon" run.

Edited by Othergrunty

Tower 4 should be just about leaderboards,T4 should be for people that want to show off how great their build or play style is T4 should be changed into Clan Olympics or something to see who can be the best. Unless T4 is going to have stuff we cant get anywhere else its useless, T4 needs event Items and mods along with Excalibur prime parts all the stuff people want but cant have anymore throw in cicero & tethra mods as rewards, with enemies starting at level 45 with grineer invasions at the same.

We really don't need T4 we need the voids combat A.I to be tactical. it not difficult if all the enemies are running at you head first and someone can kill them all one ability. Increasing their damage is not a solution either, make them deadly for t3 like the prospectors heck throw in prospector aura for t3 that will will really be hard with like 3-4 different auras of different types all at once in the same area. Where are the long range enemies? we have enemies with long range weapons but use them within 10 meters.. why are there no enemy snipers?? why are snipers not in the void picking us off from far or unknown areas? heck imma start working on designing snipers for the void now im so angry.

I think Orokin Deralict survival needs to be fixed or survival in general. ODS is so annoying I haven't seen anyone stay for more than 25 min tops do to lack of Life Support, but how do we get more life support is it timed? is it based of the number of kills in a time frame? That has always bugged the heck out of me.

OD Defense as well needs a fix... well all defense for higher levers, they shouldn't attack the target blindly they have training they know war I assume when i was in the Air Force we was taught to take out anything in the way to the target if it poses a threat, Tennos are a huge threat! high level defenses need groups that take fight the tenno to draw away attention for the others to attack the target. It all comes back to the A.I. and the rewards for solo defense bother me also whenever im watching someone stream or even when I solo defense the reward suck but if you go with a group the rewards are what you was looking for whats up with that? I went to wave 35 8 times in one day and kept getting the same forma blueprints back to back to back to back... along with uncommon and rare modes but then went in with a group first prize was ember prime bp wave 10 sicarus bp, wave 15 boltor prime part... I was so heated I quit playing for the rest of the day I forgot was i went in there for I was so mad. And I have it recorded on my ps4.

Is there anything planed for the Dead Eye sniper mod ? i remember seeing it in some old community hot topics but nothing happened.

in the last devstream, DE_steve said that DE_scott is working on buffing the snipers. Hope this will include any planned changes for the Dead Eye aura mod because right now it's useless.

Wait, so the migration from PC to PS4 means that PC and PS4 servers will be connected together or am I completely wrong about the idea?

it will just be an onetime profile migration thing. You will able to use your PC account on Ps4 but the progression would not sync after this point onwards. That means after migration, you will have 2 accounts (one for PC and the other one for PS4). These accounts will have there separate progression here onwards. Anything that you do on the PS4 would not sync up to your PC account or vice versa after the migration has happened once. So, basically they are creating a cloned PC account for your Ps4. The updates and all will still follow the regular cycle that DE has as of now (for ps4 its monthly, for PC its frequent). They did say that sometime in future both PC and Ps4 will be in sync (may be when the game comes out of beta). Here's a link to the official article for migration : - https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200439684-PC-to-PS4-Account-Migration-NOT-CURRENTLY-AVAILABLE-

Vanwolfster, on 23 May 2014 - 11:11 PM, said:

Wait, so the migration from PC to PS4 means that PC and PS4 servers will be connected together or am I completely wrong about the idea?

When the account migration is available, the PS4 and PC builds will probably not be in sync, but they'll both have gotten Update 14 already. I added a blurb to my original post to help clarify.

‘more armor/health’ doesn’t necessarily mean more difficulty. An important distinction!

I would say "Oh really?", but SO many developers seem to forget that dumb HP/armour/damage scaling is ONLY making the game more boring and NEVER increasing challenge, I am more glad that at least DE seem to be understanding this, than I am mad that it took them so long.

Let's see what the Enemies of Tenno project turns up. While the Juggernaut submission is extremely "fool-proof" in terms of it's design (that is even if there will be deviations, if the theme is adhered to, it should make a good interesting unit), the Corpus entry that they chose is actually VERY easy to screw up and just turn it into yet another skill-less cannon fodder that scales into a bullet sponge.

We will have to wait and see how they handle further balancing and enemy designs, but I prefer to stay cautiously optimistic. So far Warframe has not really been a skillful and gameplay-focused shooter unfortunately, but it does have all the precedents, including the technical ones, to become such if the focus is turned to this aspect for a good amount of time.

I will just link this here because I am a shameless @#&*(.
Edited by Megakoresh

I would say "Oh really?", but SO many developers seem to forget that dumb HP/armour/damage scaling is ONLY making the game more boring and NEVER increasing challenge, I am more glad that at least DE seem to be understanding this, than I am mad that it took them so long.

Let's see what the Enemies of Tenno project turns up. While the Juggernaut submission is extremely "fool-proof" in terms of it's design (that is even if there will be deviations, if the theme is adhered to, it should make a good interesting unit), the Corpus entry that they chose is actually VERY easy to screw up and just turn it into yet another skill-less cannon fodder that scales into a bullet sponge.

We will have to wait and see how they handle further balancing and enemy designs, but I prefer to stay cautiously optimistic. So far Warframe has not really been a skillful and gameplay-focused shooter unfortunately, but it does have all the precedents, including the technical ones, to become such if the focus is turned to this aspect for a good amount of time.

I will just link this here because I am a shameless @#&*(.

Wise words tenno (also, interesting topic)... DE should check this out.

any one have any new on when the pc to ps4 account merge is going to happen 

Did you even read the Original Post ?? - I see that you are new to forums. welcome but next time just make sure that you read the original post for the topic before replying. Have fun

DE_Drew says in Original Post that:

PC to PS4 Account Migration

PC to PS4 account migration is in the final approval stages, and we are aiming to have it live after Update 14 is on both platforms (disclaimer: builds will probably not be in sync during the migration) - more information will be shared as it is determined.