Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Tired About Getting Random Player To Join My Tower 3 Mission

ExorcistEX

Unless you're dealing with clanmates or friends, you'll always be exposed to bad groups either in matchmaking or recruiting. To be fair, chances are lower if you are recruiting and, thankfully, you can abandon a void mission without losing your key if you notice your group members didn't live up to their statements (especially since you're providing them with a free key).

There's sort of an unspoken rule of running missions which requires a consumable items : "Whoever provides calls the shots". If people in your recruited group aren't willing to listen or at least bring along what you'd (reasonably) request, then you have no obligation to provide them with a free pass. So while there's no kick function, there's also no harm in abording the mission if one of more of your team brought along unranked gear when they clearly said they'd bring effective stuff or are just literally 'in it for the ride'. Doing so will force all remaining members out of the mission so you can just reinvite those who actually listened and put the offender on ignore.

I personally never join a group through recruitment without either bringing my best gear / most comfortable Warframe OR using a Warframe that is tailored for the kind of mission we're running; it's simple courtesy since it's basically a free ride provided by someone else. Of course, I don't mind a low MR player coming along if he's at least bringing ranked up gear as long as he shows he's pulling his weight and doing his best; I'd take a low MR who keels over every 5 minutes over a high MR who gets killed every minute just because he overestimated his capabilities with low ranked gear.

Edited by Wiegraf

Hmm maybe we should be able to see people's conclave ratings and host should have an option to kick them before starting the game.

Conclave rating is a form of gear score, and no matter what you do, anyone who built his warframe with ok mods and some formas will have 1200+. So that's relevant.

Edited by sixmille

To be fair

Friends can be kinda useless sometimes too ._.

One of my friends always brings gear so low that i end up carrying him

Every.Single.Time

But i dont mind as much as others would

We just had a rank 0 join us for a 30 min survival earlier today

The host was kinda steamed about it but i didnt mind still

Though he was useless outside of the occasional radial blinding

I have to disagree with you on the melee part...I think melee is the only vailable option after 40min t3s...even an ogris with 10k damage can't seems to one shot the enemies...

Then you've been doing something wrong with your ogris. When I use my penta I usually do three times the damage a melee user does. An ogris works even better but I tend not to use it for survivals.

Discrimination against players though would be the worst :/

This becomes a skill based game after 40 minues in an endgame environment, discrimination based on gear/skill is absolutely legitimate. IRL you don't hire illetrate people to be teachers or journalists, just because they can't handle it. Why would it be different here?

Edited by sixmille

This becomes a skill based game after 40 minues in an endgame environment, discrimination based on gear/skill is absolutely legitimate. IRL you don't hire illetrate people to be teachers or journalists, just because they can't handle it. Why would it be different here?

To a point yes

But then we get things like people kicking level 4 or 5s who are perfectly viable and able to hold their own just because they arent higher mastery

An example

On Mabinogi were having an event for 3 x AP

Parties are in some of the main leveling areas asking for people strictly lvl 4000-5000 when a lvl 2k can do perfectly fine

Honestly most of these missions are literally so easy that two people can duo everything but the very final while the others stand around sipping tea

The last isnt much harder either. I can even solo it with ease on my character (though most cant do that you get where im going)

The same is in every game

Today I just met a rank 0 playing in a public T3 survival "oh i started a new account" "oh I'm so good I can survive don't be so confident that I'll die"

Did less than 1% damage. Great.

Hi there

I was with you on that mission and mentioned it earlier

>Tanky Valkyr melee

Simply adding a Kick feature and an indicator for the level of Equipment would easily fix this issue

this will cause so many problems its bad enough people want specific warframes and weapons in mods but adding a kick feature will make this even worse in a public match people will just kick for silly reasons, seen enough kick abuse in most games considering there is no hacks in warframe I think its better kick vote never comes

Yeah, this is why I have a clan/alliance/three good friends if I'm really planning to go far. Also, I forgot what PUG meant. (The acronym, not the adorable dog)

Pick Up Group / Pick Up Game.. basically.. running a group adhoc instead of pre-arranged..

To answer a few.

-Not all of your friends are always online.

-Clan member is on different time zone, only can play with them at late night on weekday or wait til weekend.

So I have to either take 1-2 or all 3 from the recruit channel in most of the cases.

The problem is you cant really judge the player by their frame/weapon while you are in the lobby. As I said, I have met quite a few rank 5+ player that can play better than rank 10+ player. So I wont judge the player until we are ingame. (of course, if your weapon is those starter weapon than I am sorry I dont think you can handle T3 in higher level enemy)

Dont want to be an a-hole to abort mission but I will do it when I met both non-teamwork and non-effective frame/weapon player in the same game...which is happen a lot lately...

The conclave points arent telling much tbh. You have high points if your frame/weapon setup is good. I think we need some kind of honor points for each Tower mission. Or some kind of rating combine with the successful rate and ingame skills. etc.

Getting random player to join T3 mission is like a gambling tbh.