The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plasma Sword Vs Prova

Wolfstorm18

Prova also uses the superior Sundering Weave stance, compared to Plasma Sword's pitiable Crimson Dervish.

I laughed.

the Plasma Sword is the worst Melee in the game currently.

there's your answer.

Decent crit and status chance combined with Electric damage type gives it more damage than you think. 

Decent crit and status chance combined with Electric damage type gives it more damage than you think. 

it's the slowest Melee in the game, along with only average Damage.

therefore making it the worst.

Edit:

if it was that slow, but also was a super precise Melee and hit for high Damage, it could work. but at this time, it has too many things against it. it has average range at best as well as it's average Damage and that slow Speed.

Edited by taiiat

Damn I was gonna say that.

Yeah the Prova has a 42% higher DPS rate.

Yep.

And don't forget, now; stances, stance-specific swing speed alterations, and stance-specific multipliers play no role whatsoever in determining a melee weapon's effectiveness. None at all.

Edited by SortaRandom

I honestly don't understand why they changed the damage of the Plasma Sword in the first place.  The Gram has a similar style, yet it kept its I/P/S damage.

DE, don't you DARE read my comment and turn the Gram into YET ANOTHER ELECTRIC WEAPON.  We've got too many of those already.