Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option To Turn Off Damage Number Popups

• 2 weeks later...

I really would like a more customizable set of options for damage numbers in the way that many mmos have. I know a lot of people want little or no information but I prefer to have a massive amount of information. If it were possible I would like to see all of my outgoing damage split up by damage type and color coded with additional popups for procs and crits and I would like to see a similar set of numbers when I take damage.

I doubt they will ever change it to that degree though... so how about you just make xp numbers on kill purple so they look different than damage numbers.

This question was actually addressed in that UI Dev Stream with Paolo and the other guy (sorry - too lazy to find link and summary).

They basically disregarded the question, which I found too bad, because while I recognize the value in terms of feedback of having the damage displayed (especially with red crits back in the game now), I often would prefer to turn it off because I am among the action fans who find this sort of thing un-immersive. So I agree with the OP.

Another solution that occurred to me was this:

Would it be better if the damage numbers were integrated as part of the HUD? 

For me it would: it would ease the immersion breaking - it could explain why I am seeing myterious floating numbers in the air (that is, the "damage calculation" could be a feature of Tenno neural feedback, much like enemy radar screen).

Even a simple measure like putting the damage in a little red box with a red line connecting it to the impacted foe(s), and thereby telegraphing to the player that the damage is a function of the HUD (and Lotus in the tutorial missions could discuss this, e.g. "Tenno, your helmet is equipped with damage assessing capabilties: this corresponds with the number you will see when inflicting harm on your enemies") and thereby justify the inclusion of the numbers from a lore perspective. 

I swear that there used to be an option to turn those of.

Sadly, there never was (not since I joined in late U7, anyways). I've been asking for an option to disable damage numbers more or less since I first joined the game; it's an absolute nuisance when using a shotgun.

Yeah, seeing numbers from Zephyr's tornadoes (even if I'm not looking in the direction of the tornado, bug?) is a bit annoying.  It would be cool to be able to turn the numbers off, especially when you know how much damage your weapons are going to be doing anyway...

I swear that there used to be an option to turn those of. 

From what i remember there was a time we didnt have damage numbers, i think they came in about U6-U7 maybe (although i could of dreamt that).

I really hope they add options for it, playing on a low resolution one number covors over like 3-4 enemies haha.

This is the best news since months in warframe THANK YOU THANK YOU! I cant wait for this!!!!!

I think he was addressing the user "UpgradeInProgress" rather than saying that there's an actual upgrade in progress.

Here's to hoping that he was punning to hint that an upgrade is actually in progress.

• 4 weeks later...