Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Just Don't Think The Old Events Are Coming Back

dashashou

That would be like asking for Proto-armor to come back or the Misa Prime Syandana.... Older people of the game are rewarded for their presence.

I hope we beta testers get something for being here before the game goes out of beta.

As the 1st place victor of the Fusion Moa event, even I don't want to see a return. There are several reasons for this.

First, it was grindy. Yes, Warframe is a grindy game, but this kind of grindy was the worst kind: the kind that not only shirked cooperation, but discouraged cooperation completely. It was slower and less efficient to work together with matchmade teammates, leading to each teammate ignoring objectives and peeling off to hunt the event's enemy type. I was guilty of this myself. I was not a team player. I was a killing machine. A monster.

New events are actually tailored toward teamwork being the victory condition, if you haven't noticed. I rather prefer it this way.

Second, the rewards were fairly lackluster. I never did receive a reward for placing first in that event. Well, I did. I received a Frost Prime Blueprint, this is true. But I then received four more while grinding Void for the parts to build it with. There were players who didn't even participate in the event who received Frost Prime before I did. I might as well have gotten 3500 credits for killing all of those Fusion Moas, the result would have been the same.

Don't get me wrong. I was happy to see Frost Prime getting into the hands of other players. Afterall, it was the first Prime to be released to non-founders. But I remember the bubbling, frothing outrage that came from my fellow Design Councilors after the Fusion Moa event. They wanted prime gear to be exclusive to Founders. And honestly? That elitism annoyed the Hek out of me. I'm so glad this mentality died out.

Event-specific gear, however, is the standard now. That's fine, I guess. It doesn't hurt anyone, gives people a sense that they own a piece of the game's history. Been playing longer? You're going to have some special stuff. Think of it as a thank you from the game's developers for supporting it, because even free players contribute to the game by filling it to the brim with an active community. That makes sense to me. As long as people aren't demanding more than what they paid for, I'm okay with it.

-

Bit too long of a post and in all honesty, no one forced you to grind for first place, but eh, really...? I remember seeing more outrage (from everyone not just founders) about how frost prime wasn't exclusive to the event rather than founder exclusive only.

Edited by Naith

Ppl want stuff they didn't earn... some things aren't available from trade, from the market or from plat...some things are free, they just require your time. In game time is important, just like out of game time

Edited by Kartumterek

Bit too long of a post and in all honesty, no one forced you to grind for first place, but eh, really...? I remember seeing more outrage (from everyone not just founders) about how frost prime wasn't exclusive to the event rather than founder exclusive only.

I see your point, but you could have been a bit more polite.

Edited by Kahruvel

As the 1st place victor of the Fusion Moa event, even I don't want to see a return. There are several reasons for this.

First, it was grindy. Yes, Warframe is a grindy game, but this kind of grindy was the worst kind: the kind that not only shirked cooperation, but discouraged cooperation completely. It was slower and less efficient to work together with matchmade teammates, leading to each teammate ignoring objectives and peeling off to hunt the event's enemy type. I was guilty of this myself. I was not a team player. I was a killing machine. A monster.

New events are actually tailored toward teamwork being the victory condition, if you haven't noticed. I rather prefer it this way.

Second, the rewards were fairly lackluster. I never did receive a reward for placing first in that event. Well, I did. I received a Frost Prime Blueprint, this is true. But I then received four more while grinding Void for the parts to build it with. There were players who didn't even participate in the event who received Frost Prime before I did. I might as well have gotten 3500 credits for killing all of those Fusion Moas, the result would have been the same.

Don't get me wrong. I was happy to see Frost Prime getting into the hands of other players. Afterall, it was the first Prime to be released to non-founders. But I remember the bubbling, frothing outrage that came from my fellow Design Councilors after the Fusion Moa event. They wanted prime gear to be exclusive to Founders. And honestly? That elitism annoyed the Hek out of me. I'm so glad this mentality died out.

Event-specific gear, however, is the standard now. That's fine, I guess. It doesn't hurt anyone, gives people a sense that they own a piece of the game's history. Been playing longer? You're going to have some special stuff. Think of it as a thank you from the game's developers for supporting it, because even free players contribute to the game by filling it to the brim with an active community. That makes sense to me. As long as people aren't demanding more than what they paid for, I'm okay with it.

^ This

I thought it was a really cool way to introduce Prime Warframes, keeping their status as "Rare, shiny gold tech that requires certain feats or investments to earn", with each consecutive Prime Warframe having a unique way to earn.

Now they are just more mastery fodder, or to show you are a regular player, or you have plat to spare. Not that big of a deal, only slightly disappointing. The only Prime Warframe worth anything now is Excalibur Prime, and I don't know if I'm happy with that.

I also don't understand why Cicero and Tethra mods haven't been re-released to everyone else yet. They are so beneficial to weapon builds that I might even go on a stretch to say that they give a gameplay advantage. Exclusives should not be something that makes you perform better, imo.

(In case anyone is wondering, I already own said mods.)

^ This

I thought it was a really cool way to introduce Prime Warframes, keeping their status as "Rare, shiny gold tech that requires certain feats or investments to earn", with each consecutive Prime Warframe having a unique way to earn.

Now they are just more mastery fodder, or to show you are a regular player, or you have plat to spare. Not that big of a deal, only slightly disappointing. The only Prime Warframe worth anything now is Excalibur Prime, and I don't know if I'm happy with that.

I also don't understand why Cicero and Tethra mods haven't been re-released to everyone else yet. They are so beneficial to weapon builds that I might even go on a stretch to say that they give a gameplay advantage. Exclusives should not be something that makes you perform better, imo.

(In case anyone is wondering, I already own said mods.)

They make things easier, but you can do the same thing with existing mods. What's the point of making the time commitment to participate in something when you can just chillax and wait for welfares later?

I have them but I don't see them as anything but proof of my participation and commitment to the game. I've played an active role in the history of the game and they are my proof alongside the rest of the items and the gameplay experience I got.

Its not about the having... its the getting

Edited by Kartumterek

I see your point, but you could have been a bit more polite.

Sorry if you took offence but it wasn't a rude post.

Anyways I think this community would be exceptionally vicious if primes were kept founder or even event exclusive. It'd be terrible. On the other hand DE probably would've have released an occasional pack to suck up all the easy cash/plat.

That would be like asking for Proto-armor to come back or the Misa Prime Syandana.... Older people of the game are rewarded for their presence.

I hope we beta testers get something for being here before the game goes out of beta.

you already got something -.- braton vandal and lato vandal

I'd like to see the sequence of events being worked into the starmap. For example, the Grineer Informer content--or at least a "destroy 100" challenge--could be something for Mercury and used as the reason Vor found our cryopod in the first place (Granted, this won't work once Vor's Prize comes out...).

Then on Venus, we're there partially to take down the new Fusion MOAs the Corpus are rolling out.

I tried working it all out one day--certain events needed to get shifted ahead of other ones, like the Cicero Crisis, for it to work without us doubling back on ourselves, but it could work. It even helps to seed in the Void stuff--Vor does have a Void Key, after all...