The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bladestorm Improvements Needed

Llyssa

I think, to that cause, the clones are okay, but they should be free and optional... ie. hitting 4 again spawns one, hitting 4 again spawns another.

That way, you could get the ultra-high-speed we have now, if you needed it(HATE watching people bleed out while bladestorm is taking its time), or you could have the "I'm buying time while we regen" option of yore.

This, this is precisely what needs to be done.

The reason Pandemonim mentioned is why I opposed the clones in the first place, and I oppose even more these suggestions to turn Bladestorm into an 'ambiency' view. The cool factor of the power (which has always been one of the main, most important traits) is taken away either as it is now or in that suggestion.

But what I quoted, that I agree with, it keeps the old cool version for those who want it and can speed up the process for those who need it.

Edited by RahuStalker

Yeah, but Mag and Volt and Ember and Rhino stay standing in the same place. Ash ends up teleporting to a new location, facing a new direction, after having NO idea where ANYTHING he killed died at, and only a vague sense of where he was standing before. The day the other frames start teleporting around and facing random directions when they use their ults, with the screen blanked out completely while the ult is firing, you'll have a point. Until then, you do not.

No, he doesn't "teleport to a new location". He is always returned to the beginning point when using Blade Storm. So no.

BUT U CANT FREAKING CONTROL IT! seriously what is your problem? ash's camera is unique and weird and uncomfortable, do you even have anything useful contribute? it is the ONLY ability in which u cant control the camera, with all others you can rotate it and see what you are killing and where.

And other abilities let you see through walls, right?

I notice you don't contribute anything but capitol letters and lame excuses.

I think, to that cause, the clones are okay, but they should be free and optional... ie. hitting 4 again spawns one, hitting 4 again spawns another.

That way, you could get the ultra-high-speed we have now, if you needed it(HATE watching people bleed out while bladestorm is taking its time), or you could have the "I'm buying time while we regen" option of yore.

This is an excellent idea; I fully support this, and thanks for coming up with it. 

I was also thinking: Maybe we could keep the animation speed-up we have currently but the clones only come up to help finish of enemies that Ash would have attacked again within the same Blade Storm.  Ash goes through the enemies one by one like before (but with speed increased to current levels) and then if any of them survived by the end of it Ash splits into clones and applies the finishing touch to all of them simultaneously (a cool camera pan to show multiple executions at once would be awesome here.)

The problem is Ash.

He's a single player ONLY action figure in a game about teams of four.  He's built for Stealth (although Loki is technically better.but whatevs), which works best alone (Why do think all the stealth action games have been single player only?) and Assassination, again a job best done solo.

He should not exist.

And I say this as both a soloist in Warframe, and a HUGE fan of that 'frame.  It's just not tenable.  And it likely never will be.

IDK why people think Ash isn't team-friendly.  His mobility and stealth capability make him a good medic and pointman while his powerful, armor ignoring dots allow him to safely dispatch dangerous heavy units so that his team doesn't have to risk their own safety.  He is also ideal for mopping up stray enemies on exterminate missions.

Edited by RealPandemonium

IDK why people think Ash isn't team-friendly.  His mobility and stealth capability make him a good medic and pointman while his powerful, armor ignoring dots allow him to safely dispatch dangerous heavy units so that his team doesn't have to risk their own safety.  He is also ideal for mopping up stray enemies on exterminate missions.

Scouts are often sent forward ALONE, as are Point Men.  That's not group play, as per Warframe's goal.  Also,'mopping' up stray enemies don't happen if you have a Rhino or Nove (which most people bring in a T3, which is the only place people do Exterminates, and only for certain Prime parts or Mods nowadays.)

Hey everyone I have an idea, lets just have 4 cause the mission complete screen to come up, instantly killing and looting all things everywhere forever. In fact, using bladestorm beats the game now! Even though thats not even possible! 

Seriously these threads are ridiculous, I don't think it needed changed before 13.5. If people don't like he doesn't have a push 4 to win instant nuke go play every other frame. Do they? No, they whine and complain that this one ability isn't like every other ult in the game. I don't get it, whats the logic here guys? If you like ash why are we trying to turn him into other frames?

Food for thought Ash and Nova comparison:

Ability 1. Fire and forget multiple target damge

Ability 2. Massive damage if you manage to hit stuff

Ability 3. Mobility, A>B movement

Ability 4. Fast nuke that is going to kill people easily.

Why not just play nova if you don't like how Ash works?

Edited by Rabidbluedeath

And other abilities let you see through walls, right?

I notice you don't contribute anything but capitol letters and lame excuses.

We are telling you that the big difference is that during Bladestorm the camera is locked out of our control, and other ultimate abilities allow you to rotate de camera, and that rotation makes for a HUGE difference in the perception of what is going on, you keep avoiding this fact, to choose to insult me and try to censor everyone instead...

You do that because you don't have anything constructive to contribute, because you are a bitter annoying troll.

Do not refer to me again if you don't stay on topic and that is:

CAMERA LOCKED = NO CONTROL = LESS KNOWLEDGE

FREE ROTATING CAMERA = PLAYER CONTROL = MORE KNOWLEDGE

I am not saying that they should give us control of the camera during bladestorm though, but it is in fact an obstacle.

Hey everyone I have an idea, lets just have 4 cause the mission complete screen to come up, instantly killing and looting all things everywhere forever. In fact, using bladestorm beats the game now! Even though thats not even possible! 

Seriously these threads are ridiculous, I don't think it needed changed before 13.5. If people don't like he doesn't have a push 4 to win instant nuke go play every other frame. Do they? No, they whine and complain that this one ability isn't like every other ult in the game. I don't get it, whats the logic here guys? If you like ash why are we trying to turn him into other frames?

Food for thought Ash and Nova comparison:

Ability 1. Fire and forget multiple target damge

Ability 2. Massive damage if you manage to hit stuff

Ability 3. Mobility, A>B movement

Ability 4. Fast nuke that is going to kill people easily.

Why not just play nova if you don't like how Ash works?

Yea... well... no.

Yea... well... no.

Yea... well... no. what? The first part? because that was sarcasm/an eerie future for bladestorm if people keep complaining its not good enough. (it never will be) 

Or the second part? You don't see anything wrong with all ults being push 4 to win?

or the comparison? which while they don't match completely the abilities accomplish roughly the same thing. They change ash much more we are going to see threads complaining about the number of frames that play the same, oh wait. Those already exist.

Yea... well... no. what? The first part? because that was sarcasm/an eerie future for bladestorm if people keep complaining its not good enough. (it never will be) 

Or the second part? You don't see anything wrong with all ults being push 4 to win?

or the comparison? which while they don't match completely the abilities accomplish roughly the same thing. They change ash much more we are going to see threads complaining about the number of frames that play the same, oh wait. Those already exist.

yes, i do think press 4 to win is boring, and i agree that Bladestorm is more interesting because its not the regular nuker, but i also think that making it able to "compete" with those regular ults is a good idea. It used to be very annoying when someone with a penta or an ogris blew all your targets up while u were channeling bladerstom stuck in those badass cool looking poses, and ultimately what we are discussing here is that, how to make bladestorm "perfect" (and perfect doesnt mean make it like all other ults) and quitting ash because nova is "the same but better"... i don't agree, i want to play the best Ash possible, and we are discussing about ash becuase it has been reworked in the last patch, now it's the time to talk about ash, it's not arbitrary.

In short i get involved in this threads because i want to play the best possible Ash, not make it into another regular spam 4 frame, but it isn't perfect yet.

yes, i do think press 4 to win is boring, and i agree that Bladestorm is more interesting because its not the regular nuker, but i also think that making it able to "compete" with those regular ults is a good idea. It used to be very annoying when someone with a penta or an ogris blew all your targets up while u were channeling bladerstom stuck in those badass cool looking poses, and ultimately what we are discussing here is that, how to make bladestorm "perfect" (and perfect doesnt mean make it like all other ults) and quitting ash because nova is "the same but better"... i don't agree, i want to play the best Ash possible, and we are discussing about ash becuase it has been reworked in the last patch, now it's the time to talk about ash, it's not arbitrary.

In short i get involved in this threads because i want to play the best possible Ash, not make it into another regular spam 4 frame, but it isn't perfect yet.

Understandable, And i respect you for it. my comparison is for the people that just want ash to push 4 to win, which we have plenty of. Also a comparison on how peoples usual suggestions just make things more generic.

If you want ash to compete with others without being P42W it needs a CC for the duration, centered around target. or to select the 15 targets and immediately take them to a different dimension and do bladestorm there. speed isn't the issue, the issue is its just damage. It could be fire and forget and the targets would still get killed by someone else first if its just 3 clones. if its 15 clones then why bother playing ash? Radial Javelin did the same thing, just make that better. dont make bladestorm the same as all the others. make its differences a boone, not a burden.

I wonder... you can teleport to other players, so it's the fastest way to catch up with the team, you can invis to ress safely, you can chuck heat-seeking ninja stars to dispatch whatever's hurting an objective or player, highlights his ult's targets so people can conserve ammo, and yet, people consider ash "not a team player"?

Okiedokie then.

Ash's abilities are great. The only thing I would change about Blade Storm is that the targeting, like Teleport, could be more forgiving, and just go for the last target selected.

Edited by Moderius