The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change To The Dual Heat Sword

Not sure if this was intentional or not, but the Dual Heat Sword changed back into it's original form with a the sword and dagger set up. I'm sure a lot of us, including myself, liked the version with the two longer swords rather than the old one. Would it be possible for DE to change it back to it's more badass version or at least give us a choice in the future?

This is mostly cosmetic, but atm I don't know if the range would have been affected by this change.

Yea I wouldn't mind that variation too. But when I look at the motion blur slice on the dagger it looks really derpy, as if there's supposed to be a longer sword on the right hand. Like the dagger has an elongated thin foil on the end.

So thin that it's imaginary. :O

Ok well it seems the right hand dagger has the same hit box as the long sword so I have a feeling this may be a visual bug. If this really is a bug, please fix this as soon as you can DE to return the right hand sword to it's former glory.

In the mean time, I guess ill just dust off the dual ethers for now.

Edited by SkippyDwaffles

The dual heatswords were always meant to be a long blade and short blade combination. While fixing a bug, one of our devs inadvertently changed the short blade into a long one. I'll pitch the idea of having a Dual Skana like version of the heatswords to my Leads.

Yeah, I agree, let's increase our customization options to make everyone happy. 

I mean the Dual Ether still look awesome with the slightly shorter sword/longer dagger, but stats are slightly lower than the Dual Heat Swords. ATM the Heat Swords just doesn't look right with a stubby dagger on the right hand, and adding to that the motion blur/blade trail is longer than the dagger itself. 

Edited by SkippyDwaffles

Or just have 4 skins for the weapon. dual swords; dual daggers; sword/dagger (right); sword/dagger (left).

You can't really have dagger/dagger, as that'd be a different moveset.

However, this would be something nice, at least the last two, on all dual melees.

The dual heatswords were always meant to be a long blade and short blade combination. While fixing a bug, one of our devs inadvertently changed the short blade into a long one. I'll pitch the idea of having a Dual Skana like version of the heatswords to my Leads.

I see, so the second double long sword variation was a happy accident lol. Well thanks for at least pitching the idea. I'm sure switching it back to the double long blades is still a very welcomed change. Keeping both versions seem fair and reasonable. Perhaps giving more speed to the dagger one but at the cost of range.  

You can't really have dagger/dagger, as that'd be a different moveset.

However, this would be something nice, at least the last two, on all dual melees.

Sure you could. We have dual axes that use dual sword stances, Swords that use the axe stance, etc.

I see no reason not to have dual heat daggers using dual sword stances. Or better, able to use either dual sword or dual dagger stances (for the 'dual heat swords' regardless of which proposed skin is used).

It wouldn't have to be. The whole stance system is inherently limiting anyways. Stances should have been applicable to all weapons, with each stance having animations/combos for each weapon (or group of weapon). That way, the stances would be usable with all weapons, and each weapon type, at least, would have its own moveset. 

At least that way we wouldn't have to deal with certain weapons having nigh-unobtainable stances.

One of the reasons that kept me from making the Dual Heat blades was the asymmetry between the two. To me, if it's gonna be "Dual something", then they better have the same looks, or else I ignore it. It's just my taste, and two identical weapons looks badass, ence why I have Dual Kamas.

When U13 came out and I read in the wiki that the Dual Heat blades were the same size, I rushed to make mine, and I loved the looks of it.

And now we know it was a "happy accident"? Come on, it wasn't even in the patch notes, neither from the U13 nor in the latest Tenno Reinforcement. I just ask one thing, DE:

Let us choose the variants of these dual types, either it's sword/dagger (that can change hands) or sword/sword.

I just want my actual DUAL Heat blades back.

So you're telling us, that those lovely 2 long swords were a bug? And you guys changed it back to the ugly thing it was before, despite the fact that the players vocalized already they liked the change? Some of us even asked back when melee 2.0 was released if this was a bug, and tacked on to that question a statement of "certainly hope not" and after having so long never gotten a response we assumed this was intentional and loved that, hell some players only got dual heat swords after this change because they got to wield 2 swords (as the name suggests, seriously if their not meant to be 2 swords then change the name to dual heat blades, less of a misnomer) can only imagine their disappointment finding out it was a bug and it was reverted back to its old boring version. As for the idea of of a Dual Skana like version, I say nay, why because when the bug was still in effect it made dual heat swords stand out compared to all the other Dual sword sets, instead of a long sword and a dagger (like dual ether or nami skyla) it was 2 full length swords, instead of 2 shorter versions of the one hand version (dual skana) it was, I repeat, 2 full length swords, it set it apart for all the other dual sword sets and made it the most enjoyable to use and watch. Please talk to your leads about at least considering changing it back to those 2 amazingly beautiful long swords.

I looked at the dual Skana recently, and I think its a bit too short. I think the Devs should just keep the two long swords to save time and to make everyone using the Dual Heat Swords happy as soon as possible. Using the Dual Ethers feels a bit lacking in some areas, especially when you get to the end of a combo chain. The AoE slam on the Ether's just seem way too small to really make full use of the combo. DE should maybe also consider buffing the Dual Ethers to make it on par with the Heat swords. 

To be fair the concept makes sense, they just need to swap the hands holding the weapons. Dagger in left, sword in right. That's how they did it back in Europe.

It makes sense in other games like assassins creed where the combat is more realistic but this is a game with futuristic space ninjas fighting the flood robots and clone armies. If you want realism then you've come to the wrong place

Sure you could. We have dual axes that use dual sword stances, Swords that use the axe stance, etc.

I see no reason not to have dual heat daggers using dual sword stances. Or better, able to use either dual sword or dual dagger stances (for the 'dual heat swords' regardless of which proposed skin is used).

I am against "dual heat daggers" using the dual swords, or being a skin for the dual heat swords.

however, if DE were to introduce a dual heat dagger...

more dual daggers please <3