Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane Helmets… Worth It?

(PSN)iTJ84

Question

I'm a PS4 and my brother plays on PC. He was hanging out watching me play one day and mentioned about the arcane helmets giving additional stats to the frame. Of course, PC is update further than the PS4, so arcane helmets are not obtainable anymore (unless traded), but I'm assuming that they are still in the PS4 version. I couldn't begin to say if I have any or not (my brother never mentioned about me having one either). I've gotten about 2 or 3 helmet blueprints from alerts, but don't remember them having Arcane in the name. I haven't built them yet either, they're just sitting in my foundry.

Basically, if the arcane helmets are still available on PS4, are they worth trying to get before they're gone?

Edited by (PS4)iTJ84

14 answers to this question

At the very least you should collect the blueprints whenever an alert comes up. They're very valuable now in the PC trading channel.

Personally I use a few of them as the benefits can be much greater than the cost.

Trinity's Aura helmet, Frost's Aurora, Vauban's Esprit maybe, Ember's Phoenix among others are all usefull for customising a build.

edit. Almost forgot! Vanguard for Rhino! Get it!

Edited by Krjal

Now another noob question: How would I go about figuring out which ones are "arcane" helmets vs not, they techincally haven't made that change on the PS4 yet? Are all of them that way (stat changes) or just some of them? Do all alert missions containing a helmet considered "arcane"?

I think I'm just confusing the hell out of myself a bit. :/

Now another noob question: How would I go about figuring out which ones are "arcane" helmets vs not, they techincally haven't made that change on the PS4 yet? Are all of them that way (stat changes) or just some of them? Do all alert missions containing a helmet considered "arcane"?

In ps4, I think all helmets are still normal.

I think that for the moment, helmets on the PS4 version are still just the stat-modifying ones.

When they do the same they did for PC, any previous helmet you collected that changed your stats will have the prefix "Arcane" added to them. Blueprints you had will also be kept and prefixed and later helmet blueprint alerts will only be the cosmetic ones.

If you have the option, get as many as you can before they get phased out. If you are not gonna use them you can still sell / trade them later down the line. They will surely not go down in price the longer you have them as they will be unobtainable in the future.

It depends. Personally, I think the negative effects are never worth it, but if you're willing to depower yourself for a few buffs in other areas that's up to you.

Negative effects are never worth it? Good one. 

Saryn with negative duration. 

Nova with negative power strength 

I've gotten about 2 or 3 helmet blueprints from alerts, but don't remember them having Arcane in the name. 

The name "Arcane" was only added to the PC helmets AFTER they were removed from the store/alerts.  Prior to that, the helmets had the same names minus the "Arcane" tag.

This was done because DE is still selling the same looking helmets with the same name, only they don't have stats on them.  SO they added a tag to tell the difference (perhaps it's a database thing too, not like I would know this).

What the situation is on PS4 I have no clue, I haven't owned a playstation since PS1.  If you look in the store perhaps you can get some insight.  It's most likely teh case that the blueprint you have is for the exact same helmet that's in the store under the same name.

Edited by Joocyfroot

Thank you all for the info. I kinda figured the names were gonna be the same, but just wasn't positive. Still a noob to the game and with items coming and going, plus 2 different systems with 2 different updates, kinda got lost!

Thanks again!