Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Awesome Event!

Llyssa

I am LOVING the pacing on the new corpus "Suspicious Shipment" missions. It's wonderful.

The enemies are well done, in proper groups, and have some sense of coordination about them.

It comes off feeling a lot better than the typical "so we're killing a lot of people" missions.

This is, so far, rather flawless.

Well done, DE!

I'm liking the ratio of enemy per tileset, makes it much less boring then the regular exterminates, when u spend more time looking for an enemy and even moving and going back for the few 2 or 3 that are scattered.

I like it as an event, but I'm not terribly excited to see all Exterminate turn into another horde mode. I definitely hope that Exterminate on the star chart moves more in the direction of quality over quantity, and isn't replaced by what we see here. Maybe let Invasions be horde mode like this event though? Horde mode seems like it'd feel more invasiony than quality over quantity would be.

Edited by VKhaun

If you've run one of the missions you'll see on his transmissions he's rather pale... and his right shoulder is, different, looks like he needs a doctor if you know what I mean >.> (Can't go giving to much away)

I've run 2 of them.

I just can't get a very good look.

Can you put a clear screenshot up?

Of note, "that room" changes from mission to mission. I have a feeling that at the end of this event, we're going to be seeing the final product.

Beyond that, I really do find these a lot more fun than standard exterminates.Normally, having 169 enemies on a map means you're going to have to play through 30 rooms. Lots of searching and backtracking. This feels far more decisive.

My general feelings on this latest mini-event are, so far, overwhelmingly positive.

DE turned and burned to make some community suggestions into playable content, and they packaged some story cookies with it. (also, dem rewards)

The ebb and flow of looking for that next big group, having to stay alert to avoid ambushes - I like it a lot. It really feels like they hit a sweet spot in terms of overall difficulty. These missions have an enjoyable challenge level for a wide range of players, since enemies can be taken down by mid-level equipment but hit hard enough to keep veteran players honest.

I'm hoping that DE uses this as a reference point for developing some seriously varied combat flavor between the different factions. For me, Glass Cannon Corpus is feeling pretty good so far.

My general feelings on this latest mini-event are, so far, overwhelmingly positive.

DE turned and burned to make some community suggestions into playable content, and they packaged some story cookies with it. (also, dem rewards)

The ebb and flow of looking for that next big group, having to stay alert to avoid ambushes - I like it a lot. It really feels like they hit a sweet spot in terms of overall difficulty. These missions have an enjoyable challenge level for a wide range of players, since enemies can be taken down by mid-level equipment but hit hard enough to keep veteran players honest.

I'm hoping that DE uses this as a reference point for developing some seriously varied combat flavor between the different factions. For me, Glass Cannon Corpus is feeling pretty good so far.

One thing I have been wondering: How hard do they hit?

I mean, to me, since I don't use any health or shield boosters, it seems rather regular to me(cases where I won't survive are the same as always). I've noticed a lot of other people going down frequently, though. How much harder are they hitting than regular?

One thing I have been wondering: How hard do they hit?

I mean, to me, since I don't use any health or shield boosters, it seems rather regular to me(cases where I won't survive are the same as always). I've noticed a lot of other people going down frequently, though. How much harder are they hitting than regular?

Based on my observations, I think they hit closer to the range of lvl 35-45? Because they feel pretty similar to the enemies I'd run into on lvl 38-40 Alerts.

Based on my observations, I think they hit closer to the range of lvl 35-45? Because they feel pretty similar to the enemies I'd run into on lvl 38-40 Alerts.

That sounds about right to me. It at least feels like you can reliably predict when you've gotten yourself in a tight spot and may die.

Every time I've been floored, I had just enough time to scold myself before I dropped :P

I am so glad the feedback is so positive.  I was honestly expected page after page of "I had a rhino and I died" whining, but so far there's very little of that.  Adding HP to enemies makes the game tedious, but increasing damage means you have to think about how you play and which powers you use.  It really makes Warframe a challenge.  Also, I tried playing with low tier gear, and honestly, you can still beat it.  I used a Mag, a Burston, and a Cronus and still managed to do my fair share of kills in a coop match.  Sure, I went down a fair bit, and my teammates had to revive me, but I was careful about when I exposed myself to fire and so when I went down, I did so behind some cover. 

Weapons increase their damage about x50 (+5,000%!) from base DPS to maximum potatoed DPS.  Compare that to Rhino with maxed Redirection (1100 shields) vs. a base Excalibur with 100 shields, so a change of about 10.  A rank 30 Excalibur with a rank 4 redirection has 500 shields.  That's a difference of about times 2.  Warframe health scales up a lot faster than weapon damage, which requires highly ranked rare mods to really get the full power.  Exponential scaling was a mistake, but focusing on damage rather than health limits the impact.  So what if your Soma does 10,000 DPS, vs. an unpotatoed rank 30 MK-1 Braton doing 500?  If the enemies can still be killed quickly either way, it doesn't make too much of a difference.