The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Alad V-Infested Event Speculation And Hype Megathread

Pendragon1951

You guys assume much as well. I never sat blame on anyone or faulted the developer. Just expressing that I was bummed, even said I knew better than to jump on the hype in my first post in this thread. When met with asinine criticism I explained exactly what I meant and provided source of where those ideas came from. If that is too much for you to relate to and comprehend then I have no more words for you.

Come Sunday/Monday I'll get my new shotgun pistol and rank it up before whatever next Wed brings us.

Later Tenno

Welcome to the Warframe forums, where people assume something will happen, and when it doesn't, it's the developer's fault.

What a sterling group of people.

On a more positive note... (not disagreeing with you, by the way)

I am looking forward to what the Devs have planned to follow-up on those alerts.

I think it's pretty obvious that the weekend mini-event was just part of the overall event to come. Of course, that hasn't been 100% confirmed by the developers, but it doesn't take a genius to put two-and-two together with the Infested tileset coming and Alad V's dealings with the Infested, along with strong hints that J3 Golem's returning. Now that doesn't mean it'll come this week (though I admit that I was hoping it would) but they're not going to be weeks and weeks apart, DE wouldn't hint at an event and then drop it for a month and blueball the players.

I love how people expected a event for no reason

If you're talking about expecting it today, then the reason was just that it seemed likely and people tend to jump on conclusions in the forums. If you're talking about expecting an event at all, it's obvious that the weekend event was just a small portion of it. I understand that it's technically speculation, since it hasn't been confirmed by DE, but they're practically throwing the hints in your face. Saying that it's just "speculation" at this point is honestly just being picky about the wording--

That, or you're just really really oblivious.

Typical warframe community, because its not happening on their timetable it's not going to happen.

Welcome to online gaming in general, circa whenever the hell this all started going downhill

/thread

I think it's pretty obvious that the weekend mini-event was just part of the overall event to come. Of course, that hasn't been 100% confirmed by the developers, but it doesn't take a genius to put two-and-two together with the Infested tileset coming and Alad V's dealings with the Infested, along with strong hints that J3 Golem's returning. Now that doesn't mean it'll come this week (though I admit that I was hoping it would) but they're not going to be weeks and weeks apart, DE wouldn't hint at an event and then drop it for a month and blueball the players.

If you're talking about expecting it today, then the reason was just that it seemed likely and people tend to jump on conclusions in the forums. If you're talking about expecting an event at all, it's obvious that the weekend event was just a small portion of it. I understand that it's technically speculation, since it hasn't been confirmed by DE, but they're practically throwing the hints in your face. Saying that it's just "speculation" at this point is honestly just being picky about the wording--

That, or you're just really really oblivious.

No, the weekend event was just that, a weekend event. Any follow up event will most likely come with the new tileset, but this event wasn't part of another larger event. No, this was an event, and the next event will be another event that simply builds off of that. But it's not one big large event split in two parts.

If you read the last Lotus message it leads you to believe that, since Wednesday is our normal update day, that the conclusion that Lotus eludes to would have been today. I would not call it lying just misleading information. 

No, it doesn't. Nothing about what the Lotus says indicates when we'll see Alad V. It's that kind of speculation that led to people falsely believing there'd be an event today.

Well, updates seem to be moving slower and slower, eventually people will most likely migrate to a different game.

I feel you there man.. I've got like 3200hrs in game, and this new snails-pace update here, skip an update there BS, is draining even my dedication.

If that is the case then maybe they should think about being more specific so speculation like this doesn't run rampant, I've told them time and again you need to be more specific with the information, give previews of what is to come like they did that one time. Then there won't be all these hype train threads or speculative posts about what's coming up.

I feel you there man.. I've got like 3200hrs in game, and this new snails-pace update here, skip an update there BS, is draining even my dedication.

Agreed... I don't mean to dev bash, but they're really milking it lately.. (Our patience I mean.) It's impossible for me to adopt a non veteran's point of view, but sometime I wonder how the mid gamers and newbies feel; if content updates are frequent enough to keep them enticed. I'd like for Warframe to genuinely succeed.

Edited by sushidubya