Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Complaints For New Alerts

Azawarau

You quoted the wrong post I think :P

I quoted correctly and speaking to both people

Powers shouldnt be able to do as much as they do sometimes...

Mags shield polarize is very guilt

Cheap and dmaaging

Though mostly limited to one faction it is absolutely broken for that faction , Almost more than Vaubro on Infested

Yes it is, they're the ones who made the gameplay what it is. It's their game. I'm playing the game using the tools at my disposal to achieve good effectiveness in mission and the result is boring spam.

Well with the new enemies being added you will have a bit more difficulty from what I hear.  :)

People complaining that the whole thing is 'too hard'  Ironically I haven't gone down once, why?  because I don't rush face first into enemy gunfire, I think people need to change their strategy instead of complaining though.  I do 'rush' through enemies sometimes but when I realize that my shield melts and I almost die the first time, I don't repeat the same mistake, lol.

Enemies that can almost instantly kill the majority of warframes at our disposal don't make the game hard. They simply make the game "silly", because there is no skill involved into one-shoting things before they one-shot you. It's just a matter of spamming powers and firing Ogris/Penta at every closed door. It might take a bit of extra patience to do things this way, but skill? Not really.

Enemies that can almost instantly kill the majority of warframes at our disposal don't make the game hard. They simply make the game "silly", because there is no skill involved into one-shoting things before they one-shot you. It's just a matter of spamming powers and firing Ogris/Penta at every closed door. It might take a bit of extra patience to do things this way, but skill? Not really.

Or use of redirection for once

I've seen people playing on Hierarcon and Wendell with only 200ish health. Be it Nova, Trinity, Rhino, Vauban or Loki, spamming their abilities are all they did. A single slip and they immediately dies. How about using redirection and vitality for once?

How about putting on Diamond Skin :P

Though I think you are a little backwards on that, it is silly that we can instantly kill 'ALL' of the enemies we see until they get to level 80, 100, 123, ect.  It isn't silly that they can kill us, I welcome the challenge of actually having to move once or twice, instead of face-rolling the competition with impunity until I spend a hour in Survival.

I never used the term 'skill',  Strategy =/= Skill, Strategy = Ability to assess the best way to go about a situation.  That 'may' be a skill in and of itself if you realize that running headfirst into gunfire isn't a great option, but it isn't 'MLG' skill.  It is more common sense tbh, and as far as 'spamming' ability's, hopefully with the addition of the new enemies that issue will be fixed and people may have to eventually take cover once or twice, equip more survivability mods to compensate the lack of want/brains to take cover when they should OR ability to just dodge or realize that they are going to eat the floor alot more often.

Edited by Sibarian

I love the spike in difficulty. Soloed it twice so far (the other times I duo'd it with a friend). Went down once the first time because I wasn't expecting it. Second time I soloed I went down 4 times because I went Ember, thus squishy, and the bastards locked the doors on me. I finally was able to get to a safe spot and melt their faces off luckily, and escaped.

The times I duo'd it with a friend, I brought my Valkyr so I was able to resurrect her when she fell. First time she went as Ember, then as Rhino, then Ember again. She got knocked down almost the same amount of times as Ember as she was Rhino. Those bastards ain't no joke. Only reason why I wasn't joining her on the floor was due to Hysteria.

Yeah, there's an air of "Jesus, these guys are too powerful!" But it's what makes it really fun. And besides - as people stated, it's obviously meant for a team. You gotta kill 200+ enemies, all immensely powerful, and there's a pretty hefty reward waiting for you if you succeed. Yeah... It's supposed to be a team effort. A team that can work together.

Edit: and yes, you have to change your tactics with these guys. I think that's what made me love it the most. I truly had to use cover and tactically use my abilities/weapons to both mitigate damage being done to me and maximize damage being done to them before they can surround me. Seriously, it was awesome. Love it.

Edited by SoulEchelon

My only complaint is that I missed some of the alerts due it them being in the middle of the night and me being asleep.

Bye reactor, 175k, cells, cores~

Only managed to get the 150k cred one and the oxium one so far.

Could've done the argon, but meh.

I hope. If the game becomes hard in an interesting way I can only be happy.

Interesting? Oh god, oh god, we're all gonna die.

Unless...

Where's my towel?!

Edited by UncommonUnicorn

My only complaint is that I missed some of the alerts due it them being in the middle of the night and me being asleep.

Bye reactor, 175k, cells, cores~

Only managed to get the 150k cred one and the oxium one so far.

Could've done the argon, but meh.

Nuu. The reactor was a baked one. Not a BP

I too love to throw around the word "skill" while only giving vague/non-existent explanations of what I actually want.

(Seriously, just saying that you want "skill" based gameplay could mean a million different things. Don't be afraid to be specific, for pete's sake.)

Edited by Charismo

I never used 'skill'  Strategy =/= Skill, Strategy = Ability to assess the best way to go about a situation.  That 'may' be a skill in and of itself if you realize that running headfirst into gunfire isn't a great option, but it isn't 'MLG' skill.  It is more common sense tbh, and as far as 'spamming' ability's, hopefully with the addition of the new enemies that issue will be fixed and people may have to eventually take cover once or twice or realize that they are going to eat the floor alot more often.

Though I think you are a little backwards on that, it is silly that we can instantly kill 'ALL' of the enemies we see until they get to level 80, 100, 123, ect.  It isn't silly that they can kill us, I welcome the challenge of actually having to move once or twice, instead of face-rolling the competition with impunity until I spend a hour in Survival.

That is exactly why I used the word "skill". Not rushing into certain death is common sense, like you said. It doesn't take a brilliant strategist to realize that you will die if you keep trying to rush through enemies that can instantly kill you. So it's just a matter of getting killed once and understanding it won't work like that. Anyone can do this.

The thing is, even if you try to use some sort of real strategy, in this situation it boils down to using cheap tricks. What kind of strategy would you use when opening a door is enough to get you vaporized by a large group of angry MOAs? Would you use a warframe with an "invincibility" skill, such as Rhino or Valkyr? Would you get rid of them by spamming powers, such as Molecular Prime or Chaos? Would you make use of a weapon like Ogris to kill them with splash damage?

If you believe that using cheap tactics is a display of skill, then that's perfectly fine. But that still doesn't make the game hard, you know? It just makes you move slower and stick to warframes/weapons that give you the upper hand. Again, I'm ok with saying it involves "patience" and even "planning". But I wouldn't call any of these two "strategy" either.

I'm all for new enemies that force you into cover or into doing anything that doesn't involve spamming and rushing. But these alerts, unfortunately, will not do that for me. And judging by the amount of Rhinos I'm seeing, it won't do that for most of the players either.

Edited by Amazerath

I too love to throw around the word "skill" while only giving vague/non-existent explanations of what I actually want.

(Seriously, just saying that you want "skill" based gameplay could mean a million different things. Don't be afraid to be specific, for pete's sake.)

I don't think anyone said anything about skill other than that one dude really, and tbh it isn't much of a skill anyway to be able to NOT take bullets to the face.

If you want to know what "I" want for "skill", seeing as that word IS being thrown around, and I believe a few other people will agree with me on this:  I want to actually fear my enemy for once, I want THEM to be a threat to me rather than a loot pinata that I shoot in the head once and they fall over and barf out resources.  I don't want it to be dark souls, no.  [i do enjoy that game, mind you.] Skill in this game usually equates to the ability to survive, but the weight of required skill in this game is rather low unless you spend a while in survival/defense, and I believe it should be that way for a good portion of the game but not 'ALL' of it, and I think these events are where they need to be in terms of difficulty.

It's just boring when all people have to do is press 4 and enemies fall over.  It isn't fun harassing enemies that cannot do a thing back to you, eventually people will get bored [and they have, most of my 'friends' aren't playing this game anymore because it is all too samey I'm even beating them in play-time and Rank now, they started months before me.].

I know that Chaos, Stomp, any AOE ability = lawl I win, in warframe.  Though being honest, at least it is fair that they can 'actually' take us down if we derp too many laser beam bullets to the face which I am fine with, for now.

-snip-

I'm all for new enemies that force you into cover or into doing anything that doesn't involve spamming and rushing. But these alerts, unfortunately, will not do that for me. And judging by the amount of Rhinos I'm seeing, it won't do that for most of the players either.

Being honest, some people don't have any choice but to use rhino [people who are just starting out and 'wanting' to do the events], and Ironically I'm seeing a lot of those rhinos on the floor too...

Edited by Sibarian

Why does no one know that in these alerts, Zephyr is the prime Warframe to run with (Duration + Streamline Turbulence = Deflection of just about every Corpus plasma bolt [but do watch out for those sneaky Railgun MOA shots and Shockwave MOA stomps])?

Of course, taking cover is necessary as well, but that should be obvious after the first shot lands on you. 

I have a legit complaint, logged in, see reactor as a reward, see the time, 2 second left. What the heck DE. Why u do dis? Why?

this is like the 2nd or thrid time ive missed out on a reactor cause its at 6 in the morning or on while im at work >_> wish they lasted longer or these rewards would rotate for differnt time zones at least >_>

oh, also not all of us are uber leet end game maxed out everything rolling in plat. some of us have just started out, i mean me and my friends get through them.... eventualy.... after alot of reviving but we eventualy get through them, its a refreshing change from run so fast through im done in less than 3 mins lol but i would like less enemies in one spot for some of the area,s it starts to look a mess on screen and get a tad bit of performance issues.

Edited by uppertiggy

Being honest, some people don't have any choice but to use rhino [people who are just starting out and 'wanting' to do the events], and Ironically I'm seeing a lot of those rhinos on the floor too...

I know. And I'm not criticizing anyone for picking Rhino or any other warframe. I think people should use whichever warframe they like. I'm also very interested in challenge, as you are, but I don't think these alerts are doing it right. I think it will take a lot more the just enemies with high damage to make this game challenging. I also don't want it to become Dark Souls (because I can just play Dark Souls if I want that experience) but maybe something in between.

Edited by Amazerath

I know. And I'm not criticizing anyone for picking Rhino or any other warframe. I think people should use whichever warframe they like. I'm also very interested in challenge, as you are, but I don't think these alerts are doing it right. I think it will take a lot more the just enemies with high damage to make this game challenging. I also don't want it to become Dark Souls (because I can just play Dark Souls if I want that experience) but maybe something in between.

True but until they actually give us enemies that provide a unique challenge [like I'm hoping these new enemies might] this is the best we can hope for at the moment, which is sad in its own right to some degree.