Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Health And Shield Ui (The Way It Should Be)

TuxPenguino

With proper transparency, and correct placement established, player will be able to focus more on enemy and objective rather than tearing their eyes away to see their health and shield. this way it is in peripheral vision and is processed by the player subconsciously.  

The current UI is fine, though. It's out of the way, and it shows what it's supposed to show.

You act like it takes five minutes to figure out what your health and shields are at. It's just a short glance away at the corner of the screen. It doesn't ruin immersion or anything, at least for me.

I'd rather leave it with someone who gets paid to handle these kinds of things. In a perfect world, we'd be able to design the user interface and heads-up display ourselves, but alas... I would rather let be things that ought to be left alone.

Isn't there already something like this? I mean, when you get hits, there's this blue flash/glow on the edges of your screen.

This signifies: "Crap, I'm being hit, my shields are going down"

If that flash happens to be red: "OH MOTHER OF LOTUS, I'M DYING"

That's how I usually notice it.

That and half a second quick look to the corner of my screen.

I wouldn't mind for there to be multiple UI settings in the future though. Just not now. More important things to be working on.

I'm not a fan

No clearly defined edges - Cannot tell when at maximum or not

No clearly labeled caps - Cannot tell when at maximum or not

No sense of proportion - Cannot tell what percentage of your maximum life total is shields and health (Can be important on icy missions - A quick glance over the proportions can easily tell you that your shields are reduced or alternatively increased by Shield Ospreys)

No room for enemy health bars - Making them require a new positioning and possibly new design

That said, new styles and positions of information would be welcome as options - For example replacing those 2 white bars on the crosshair with Health and Shield bars.

Allowing for custom UI addons would also be pretty sweet (A lot of MMO's allow for this and it really does allow some people to fine tune their UI for their preferences - More than just adjusting the scale on a slider)

HGqDpYj.jpg

With proper transparency, and correct placement established, player will be able to focus more on enemy and objective rather than tearing their eyes away to see their health and shield. this way it is in peripheral vision and is processed by the player subconsciously.  

Very, very nice! I understand what you mean and that sounds most reasonable to me!

Really, I believe UI customization is the best, to where we can do things like this!

Edited by -SLX-J3tAc3

It is very true that without distractions from the HUD you are "...able to focus more on enemy and objective rather than tearing their(your) eyes away to see their(your) health and shield." It is also a more immersive gaming experience and when you remove the necessity for watching Energy and skill timers, you will find you no longer need a HUD at all for most missions. It really only leaves you with needing a HUD for Survival (Air)/Defense (pod HP). (Request for bindable toggle already submitted) Why not try no HUD at all?

Try the Eternal's build.

http://youtu.be/3sx6zuxfDjI

Edited by Austerity