The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De's Dont Know They Own Game

Tograk

They don't need to play their own game. Why do you think they have us as beta testers?

They put in the world, weapons, enemies and all that in; we're the ones telling them if something is out of place that couldn't be figured out through mathematical simulation. Then they review it then correct it.

They totally need to. That's why they are doing every change so slowly.

Please, both sides, shut up and chill.

It's a well documented fact that DE do not actually play their own game, there is no reason to discuss if this is the case or not, it's an objective fact. Steve doesn't know what a lot of the team are working on at any given time, Scott doesn't even know how to go about balancing, he was testing melee with a full Stamina build, there is no design document, the list goes on. Digital Extremes do not play their game, they have us to do that for them, the issue is that most of you ninnies that spent money on plat are scared to criticize them when you have to.

DE got this idea that they know best from you, the hugboxing people, the ones that are afraid to say that they spent money on a subpar product which is still in development. Critical, thought out feedback is the only way to improve Warframe, but I fear we are too far away from that even being possible, all of you buttlickers don't want to admit that the game is poop in certain respects and you defend it being like this, because you spent money.

This is just ridiculous. We can and we have the right to complain and ask for feedback if we don't like something. We won't lose money for it.

And for the bold part, I hope you aren't serious. It's like stupidity if they change the game only with DE's preferences. The game is for the community, not for them (although they can also play but their opinions while playing should be considered as a player, not as a developer), so it's logic that the most important opinions reach them and they change the game according them. Maybe the problems you see most of the players don't have any trouble with it.

Edited by Karlox

This is just ridiculous. We can and we have the right to complain and ask for feedback if we don't like something. We won't lose money for it.

And for the bold part, I hope you aren't serious. It's like stupidity if they change the game only with DE's preferences. The game is for the community, not for them, so it's logic that the most important opinions reach them and they change the game according them. Maybe the problems you see most of the players don't have any trouble with it.

Most players are troubled with it. But they just quitted. Look how much veterans already quitted game leaving only kids here (maybe not only but now like 90% of community is under 18 years old).

Edited by Tograk

They don't need to play their own game. Why do you think they have us as beta testers?

They put in the world, weapons, enemies and all that in; we're the ones telling them if something is out of place that couldn't be figured out through mathematical simulation. Then they review it then correct it.

Aside from OP - that has to be the worse crap I've read so far in terms of white knighting - PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM GAME DEVELOPMENT... holy S#&$ you're as bad as the op.

Most players are troubled with it. But they just quitted. Look how much veterans already quitted game leaving only kids here (maybe not only but now like 90% of community is under 18 years old).

And? They all seem to be more mature than you.

Guy, this game is a dungeon based third person shooter + hack and slash. GRINDING TYPE. Even with a lot of features, it will become boring at some points.

I just went down to your IQ and I'm trying to understand you better. Maybe after going another 100 IQ down I will finally understand some of you.

But going back to the topic. I said the true but what I see here is only a bunch of flaming kids. In my country for doing halfassed work you are getting kicked. They have only one product and they still dont know how it works. They should feel ashamed.

Dentists are not even doctors.

Edited by Kirby47

what are you on and where can I get some

Guy, this game is a dungeon based third person shooter + hack and slash. GRINDING TYPE. Even with a lot of features, it will become boring at some points.

Diablo III is a bit like that too and what? Look how much people are playing it.

@Tograk
You keep making bold-faced claims and yet you ignore all of the feedback, such as mine, that shows how wrong you are with assuming that someone who works on a project knows every last detail to it.

Tell me:
Would a graphic designer on a project know how everything in the project works?
Would a programmer know every last detail about the UI and all of its quirks?

I'll tell you from lots of experience in the real world working on programs and tools:
NO.
Programmers know how the code works and thats it.
Graphic designers know the UI and look and feel and thats it.
AI designers know how the AI works and thats it.

Its not their job to know every last detail like you keep on erroneously spouting out.
Just makes you seem very ignorant of the real world.

Now you're just pulling random figures out of your arse.

Do carry on, my bewilderment has turned into a kind of morbid curiosity. I can't wait to see how crazy this thread gets before it is locked.

Diablo III is a bit like that too and what? Look how much people are playing it.

People also stop playing it because they get bored. If you say there are people that don't get bored then you don't understand how games work. No matter what it is, or how much it happens, a person can and will get bored eventually.

Warframe isn't alone in that category.

@Tograk

You keep making bold-faced claims and yet you ignore all of the feedback, such as mine, that shows how wrong you are with assuming that someone who works on a project knows every last detail to it.

Tell me:

Would a graphic designer on a project know how everything in the project works?

Would a programmer know every last detail about the UI and all of its quirks?

I'll tell you from lots of experience in the real world working on programs and tools:

NO.

Programmers know how the code works and thats it.

Graphic designers know the UI and look and feel and thats it.

AI designers know how the AI works and thats it.

Its not their job to know every last detail like you keep on erroneously spouting out.

Just makes you seem very ignorant of the real world.

But that wasn't programmer or designer.

@Tograk
Again you have offered absolutely NO proof or even indication about who the person is or what his job is.

You have no idea what you're talking about and you dont even know, or certainly wont post so you can keep making wild claims, what the persons actually job description is.

Edited by Tsukinoki

You guys keep trying to tear the OP a new one, but he's proven one point - he's persistent in his message and clearly wants the game to be well developed and cared for.

I don't suppose your egos would allow you to see his concerns even if it sounds far fetched. Too many people practicing the art of throwing others under the bus on these forums. Straight to sarcasm and arguments - who can take any of you guys seriously if you can't simply ask the OP for proof and if he provides no other proof than his own words you can simply move on instead of fanning flames.

@Tograk

Again you have offered absolutely NO proof or even indication about who the person is or what his job is.

You have no idea what you're talking about and you dont even know, or certainly wont post so you can keep making wild claims, what the persons actually job description is.

All he said was that it was [DE]Glen, but OP has yet to give any proof.

@JerZeyCJ
Missed that post in this thread some-how.

And again as you said no proof.
And what exactly is [DE]Glen's job in DE?

If it wasn't working on anything dark-sector related I wouldn't expect him to know all about the DS Rail management UI or anything.