The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After The Pyrana, The Brakk Makes Me Sad Once Again

Cursor

Okay so the Brakk is obviously one of the strongest if not arguably the strongest secondary weapons in game. So when I saw the words "secondary shotgun" I was already asking myself if the Pyrana is going to be just plainly inferior to the Brakk, and lo and behold I was basically right.

Obviously it'll be days before I can get my hands on this thing, but on paper the Pyrana has inferior crit chance, accuracy, and fire rate than the Brakk (although the Pyrana is automatic apparently), as well as only about two thirds the total damage. They have the same magazine size but the Brakk has half the reload time. The only way in which the Pyrana is superior is that it has nearly double the slash damage, which is small comfort since Brakk already beats its damage by a whole 50%.

So anyway, the Brakk is making me sad because not only is it better than a new weapon but that the new weapon is basically a straight downgrade. At least the Pyrana edges out the Detron. Sorta. In some places.

EDIT: Oh hey someone basically made the same thread as me. Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw this glaringly obvious thing right away.

Edited by Cursor

Well... Brakk is ridiculous.

Highest DPS weapon in the game (With Red Crits, Dread/Paris Prime can at least approach it) by a significant margin. 50% more DPS potential than other "OP" weapons like Boltor Prime and Phage (~100% more DPS potential than Soma)

Yeah... There really doesn't need to be any more guns that do that, lest other weapons become as obsolete as you feel the Pyrana is comparatively.

As far as the Pyrana goes, it's not locked behind RNG assassins like Detron/Brakk and has decent stats.

Not every weapon needs to be top tier god mode, and I'm sure there are a lot of people whom are glad for an accessible Handcannon.

Tbh honest i really don't care abut it being inferior to the brakk, the brakk will sadly be nerfed, a second time, in the following months (no weapon is safe from nerfs n WF) most def so... just going to level it because there is nothing left to do ingame and i'll be selling it, the stats look really crappy.

Nope, i've countered that already, you know the mouse wheel? yeah i use it for shooting with semi-auto stuff.

That's good for you, but I doubt a lot of other people do. Your argument is pretty weak overall, you're trying to create balance where it isn't needed. I'm not picking on you specifically, but a LOT of people need to stop asking for stuff to get nerfed because it's more powerful than something else. That's how games work. If you wanted to honestly make every secondary shotgun ever balanced with one another nobody would use them and instead they'd pick something else with more progression. 

That's good for you, but I doubt a lot of other people do. Your argument is pretty weak overall, you're trying to create balance where it isn't needed. I'm not picking on you specifically, but a LOT of people need to stop asking for stuff to get nerfed because it's more powerful than something else. That's how games work. If you wanted to honestly make every secondary shotgun ever balanced with one another nobody would use them and instead they'd pick something else with more progression. 

It's called variety. Why use anything if one weapon dominates them all. That's not how games should work.

Buff the Braton Vandal to Boltor Prime level then if it doesnt matter that one gun is stronger than the other.. this is how the game works afterall.

Well... Brakk is ridiculous.

Highest DPS weapon in the game (With Red Crits, Dread/Paris Prime can at least approach it) by a significant margin. 50% more DPS potential than other "OP" weapons like Boltor Prime and Phage (~100% more DPS potential than Soma)

Yeah... There really doesn't need to be any more guns that do that, lest other weapons become as obsolete as you feel the Pyrana is comparatively.

As far as the Pyrana goes, it's not locked behind RNG assassins like Detron/Brakk and has decent stats.

Not every weapon needs to be top tier god mode, and I'm sure there are a lot of people whom are glad for an accessible Handcannon.

I'm not saying that the Pyrana needs to be ridiculously strong, I'm saying the Brakk shouldn't be. It's not even "difficult" to get, just unreliable. The actual beating of the G3 and acquiring the parts is kind of trivial. For me, getting the privilege of making clan weapons by starting my own clan, building a dojo, and doing all the research required a much greater investment of time than the actual "getting" parts for a Brakk.

The problem is that the Brakk is basically 100% better than the Pyrana in every way, especially for someone like me who doesn't have a problem with semiauto weapons (I actually prefer them). The Pyrana looks like a good gun, I just wish it wasn't useless to anyone who already has a Brakk.

Edited by Cursor

Yeah, but we already had the Bronco series. Not really sure why yet another hand cannon was necessary.

Haven't used it yet but full auto + 5 shells mag capacity sounds like bad times.

Buff the Braton Vandal to Boltor Prime level then if it doesnt matter that one gun is stronger than the other.. this is how the game works afterall.

I explicitly stated that it does matter that some weapons are more powerful than others. Nice attempt at sarcasm though :)

It's called variety. Why use anything if one weapon dominates them all. That's not how games should work.

This is a point that's raised very often as well, and simply put you don't have to use the Brakk if you don't want to. Nobody is forcing you to use it and enemies aren't impossible to kill with things like the Pyrana by any means, they're just easier to kill with the Brakk. It is by no means obligatory. If everything was seriously underpowered and they couldn't kill anything, fair enough, but, they can kill stuff, it just makes it easier to do it with the Brakk. The comparison is of the Pyrana to the Brakk, not how good they are against the enemies.

Soooooooooooooooo can we maybe get Akbrakk?

If it shares the same relation as Akbrono Prime to Bronco Prime i.e. they're not just double-damage dealing and actually have different stats as a result of the fact that they're dual wielded then that would be a pretty good idea. Not sure how you'd get it though.

Edited by FlareWingman

This is a point that's raised very often as well, and simply put you don't have to use the Brakk if you don't want to. Nobody is forcing you to use it and enemies aren't impossible to kill with things like the Pyrana by any means, they're just easier to kill with the Brakk. It is by no means obligatory.

That reasoning has been raised a lot as well but what's the point? I get my variety yes but I'm under performing because of my choice. I'de like my variety and have them all be viable options when compared to each other. There's no reason not to have them as equals or at least marginally close.

Soooooooooooooooo can we maybe get Akbrakk?

No, but if you look at the size and shape of the Pyrana, it's bound to be an Ak-weapon.

10 clip, full auto, ~100 per shot that can use both Lethal Torrent and Gun slinger?

We also do not know if it has damage-falloff or not, or if it shoots Flak like the Drakgoon.

I'm not saying that the Pyrana needs to be ridiculously strong, I'm saying the Brakk shouldn't be. It's not even "difficult" to get, just unreliable. The actual beating of the G3 and acquiring the parts is kind of trivial. For me, getting the privilege of making clan weapons by starting my own clan, building a dojo, and doing all the research required a much greater investment of time than the actual "getting" parts for a Brakk.

The problem is that the Brakk is basically 100% better than the Pyrana in every way, especially for someone like me who doesn't have a problem with semiauto weapons (I actually prefer them). The Pyrana looks like a good gun, I just wish it wasn't useless to anyone who already has a Brakk.

So just because you built your own dojo instead of just joining a clan that already had one pre-built and ready to insta-start research on everything should allow for a power creep?

If Pyrana was more powerful in some way than the Brakk, then what changes? Comparatively Brakk (Also other Handcannons and also due to Brakk's power level, every other gun in the game) would become obsolete.

At the moment, I don't even know if Brakk is better in every way. It's possible that the Pyrana has a more favourable number of Pellets per shot (Information that isn't provided in the stats on the Market page) to make it's crit and status chance more advantageous than the Brakks.

Haven't used it yet but full auto + 5 shells mag capacity sounds like bad times.

Full auto should work pretty much like semi auto (Unless you really try to max out Fire Rate I guess, maybe it'll get too high to fire only a single shot off with a short click) with the possibility to hold down the trigger and vaporize something infront of you.

Edited by Tarille

Oh, I get it now. This is for people who wanted the Terminator flippy reload animation on an actual sawn-off shotgun instead of the Marelok.

Full auto should work pretty much like semi auto (Unless you really try to max out Fire Rate I guess, maybe it'll get too high only a single shot off with a short click) with the possibility to hold down the trigger and vaporize something infront of you.

Judging from the Reinforcements video, the rate of fire is very fast. Burst speed, actually. I'd have to try it for myself, but it looks like even tapping the trigger would spit out 2-3 rounds.

Also shotguns status chance blows so that is a non-factor :/

So just because you built your own dojo instead of just joining a clan that already had one pre-built and ready to insta-start research on everything should allow for a power creep?

If Pyrana was more powerful in some way than the Brakk, then what changes? Comparatively Brakk (Also other Handcannons and also due to Brakk's power level, every other gun in the game) would become obsolete.

At the moment, I don't even know if Brakk is better in every way. It's possible that the Pyrana has a more favourable number of Pellets per shot (Information that isn't provided in the stats on the Market page) to make it's crit and status chance more advantageous than the Brakks.

Full auto should work pretty much like semi auto (Unless you really try to max out Fire Rate I guess, maybe it'll get too high to fire only a single shot off with a short click) with the possibility to hold down the trigger and vaporize something infront of you.

Well I hate people, which is why I built my own dojo. But you seem to be misunderstanding me.

If the Pyrana was better in at least one area, then there would be at least one reason for players to use it instead. The idea is not to eclipse other weapons, but to add variety. As it stands, the superior slash damage doesn't mean much when the Brakk's total damage outstrips the Pyrana by such a wide margin, so if you have a Brakk, you have no reason to use a Pyrana, not even situationally.

The Brakk already has a pretty incredible pellet count, so I very much doubt the Pyrana beats it, and pellet count doesn't affect critical chance (probably not status chance either, but I can't remember if that was changed too).

All I was saying is that some players take issue with semi-automatic weapons, and I don't have that problem, I'm very comfortable with clicking (and as I said before, actually prefer it). But with such a small magazine the Pyrana's automatic fire doesn't really mean much, especially if comparing it to the Brakk since it actually has an inferior fire rate.

Edited by Cursor

Also shotguns status chance blows so that is a non-factor :/

You'd be surprised.

Each pellet has that status chance, so for things like Detron's 10% status chance, with 7 pellets averages at ~52% chance for a status effect in a shot. Same for Brakk's 10% status chance, with 10 pellets it averages ~65% chance per shot.