Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Releasing The Aklato Prime And Dual Skana Prime [Please Be Civil And Constructive]

Mesyra

im just gonna ask since this has been bugging me. What the heck does this suggestion solve? I mean if its mastery then no players will still be behind, if its for looks then I guess that would solve that somewhat however being a dual version would mean it wouldn't be the same as the original, if its for the feel/likeness then there are other weapons with similar feels to the skana/lato.

o.o ive read through the entire thread yet I still cant put my finger on what this suggestion even fixes. If anything it just well does nothing or delays the problem a bit (ofc thats assuming if its about the mastery by giving them a similar weap just to shut some people up for the time being)

Its to appease the players

Itll actually make alot of people jump sides when this argument comes up after

The larger majority will say we have dual skana and lato to cover a bit for the missing parts and alot of the inner fighting will be done with

Edited by Azawarau

I just thought of something...

If bolto needs a lato to craft, what will be needed when bolto prime comes to fruition?

*trollface*

This is why i brought up that dual weapons dont always need the previous weapon exactly to be made

Wow...... I already see some "non-contributive" feedbacks/discussions. Yet those posts weren't removed, or this thread still hasn't closed.

I can seriously see this thread slowly spiral into a hate/rage war between the people who is for exclusivity and those who are against it.

Should unroot the problem before it slowly starts to build up and escalate.

You will never have unanimity on this subject.

You missed the late and skana prime. That's fine. They aren't very good weapons anyway. Mastery points? DE is releasing new weapons through the Tenno Reinforcement patches/weapons update. They also release new weapons upon each major update (U10, U11, U12, etc etc).

So much qq'ing and whining. Man.... just let this topic/subject die already....

Edited by VoidWraith

The bottom line of this thread isn't about mastery or even the name of the weapon. It's about having weapons that look like the Founders weapons, and having a dual version is the OP's cheap way of trying to get around the "never coming back" issue.

The bottom line of this thread isn't about mastery or even the name of the weapon. It's about having weapons that look like the Founders weapons, and having a dual version is the OP's cheap way of trying to get around the "never coming back" issue.

Only if you ignore solidy established design themes and how the game has been monetized since beta started.  The argument that dual melee weapons are merely two of the same weapon ignores the fact that dual weapons have been sold as different products for the whole of the games history.  You can try and quibble and get all emotional about it, but the facts of how this game has been designed and sold from the beginning does not back up your argument. 

Feel free to try and actually prove that dual weapons have not been marketed and sold as a separate product.  Otherwise, stop pushing an argument that doesn't any basis in actual fact.

You don't have any entitlements regarding other weapons you haven't spent money on and this is no different.

Edited by Aggh

Only if you ignore solidy established design themes and how the game has been monetized since beta started.  The argument that dual melee weapons are merely two of the same weapon ignores the fact that dual weapons have been sold as different products for the whole of the games history.  You can try and quibble and get all emotional about it, but the facts of how this game has been designed and sold from the beginning does not back up your argument.

This case is different though. The lato prime and skana prime were established to never come back. We all know this.

But this idea proposed in the OP is a loophole. That's what it is. A loophole that will only piss a whole lot of people off without fixing anything. It just throws more gas into the fire then spreads it around.

Yes, dual swords/pistols behave differently than a single one, and are normally marketed and treated as a separate weapon. However this is the first case of making a dual version of a discontinued weapon if it were to happen. There is no previous standard on how to handle it.

As I said before, this isn't a solution. Founders cannot reasonably be barred from obtaining these new weapons, which defeats the purpose of making the dual version a workaround to having the skana or lato prime available for everyone and leveling the field.

I just thought of something...

If bolto needs a lato to craft, what will be needed when bolto prime comes to fruition?

*trollface*

Seriously, you would need a Lato prime for it. But only founders could do it. So another exclusive is added into the mix. And just for kicks the Lato prime would not be consumed.

*notsoseriousface*

Seriously, you would need a Lato prime for it. But only founders could do it. So another exclusive is added into the mix. And just for kicks the Lato prime would not be consumed.

*notsoseriousface*

Some people also discovered that you can use a lato prime to craft a bolto, which I find hilarious.

This case is different though. The lato prime and skana prime were established to never come back. We all know this.

But this idea proposed in the OP is a loophole. That's what it is. A loophole that will only &!$$ a whole lot of people off without fixing anything. It just throws more gas into the fire then spreads it around.

Yes, dual swords/pistols behave differently than a single one, and are normally marketed and treated as a separate weapon. However this is the first case of making a dual version of a discontinued weapon if it were to happen. There is no previous standard on how to handle it.

As I said before, this isn't a solution. Founders cannot reasonably be barred from obtaining these new weapons, which defeats the purpose of making the dual version a workaround to having the skana or lato prime available for everyone and leveling the field.

It's not different.  It's how the game works.  Please prove how it's actually different.  Saying it is different just because isn't an argument, it's a statement, without any supporting facts.

Saying it shouldn't be done because it will &!$$ people off despite the fact that they have no right or say in whether it should happen is also irrelevant.   You can get &!$$ed off you want, but if you're getting &!$$ed off about a perceived slight based on a belief in an entitlement that you have never had, it doesn't mean anything other than the smiple fact that you're &!$$ed off for no good reason.

*notsoseriousface*

No, they could just add parts for it.  Having weapons require another weapon to craft isn't a rule that's set in stone.

Edited by Aggh

It's not different.  It's how the game works.  Please prove how it's actually different.  Saying it is different just because isn't an argument, it's a statement, without any supporting facts.

Are any of the dual weapons' single versions not publicly available? Answer this, please.

I'm going to go see if I can find any.

UPDATE: No weapons as far as I can see. The only dual weapons without a publicly available single version would be dual ether daggers, dual zoren, fang, fang prime, akstiletto, and twin gremlins, of which the single version doesn't exist.

Edited by Ionus

Are any of the dual weapons' single versions not publicly available? Answer this, please.

I'm going to go see if I can find any.

Do any of the dual weapons require you to buy the single version to buy the dual version?  They've always been sold as separate products.  Whether you can get the single variant is irrelevant because it's an entirely separate product.  Your argument is like trying to say I can't buy a double cheeseburger because they don't sell a single patty cheeseburger anymore

Edited by Aggh

Do any of the dual weapons require you to buy the single version to buy the dual version?  They've always been sold as separate products.  Whether you can get the single variant is irrelevant because it's an entirely separate product.

That's the besides the point I am making. If aklato prime or dual skana prime became a thing they would be the first dual version of a weapon that had a single version to be unobtainable.

Turning your own logic against you, this would go against how every dual weapon with a single counterpart is treated. If you can get the dual version, and a single version exists, then you can obtain the single version.

Do any of the dual weapons require you to buy the single version to buy the dual version?  They've always been sold as separate products.  Whether you can get the single variant is irrelevant because it's an entirely separate product.  Your argument is like trying to say I can't buy a double cheeseburger because they don't sell a single patty cheeseburger anymore

Name one restaurant that sells double cheeseburgers but will refuse to sell single patty burgers. I dare you.

No cheating with google either.

Edited by Ionus

That's the besides the point I am making. If aklato prime or dual skana prime became a thing they would be the first dual version of a weapon that had a single version to be unobtainable.

Turning your own logic against you, this would go against how every dual weapon with a single counterpart is treated. If you can get the dual version, and a single version exists, then you can obtain the single version.

Akstilleto.  Yet another wild claim not supported by fact.  Stop it.

No, it wouldn't.  They've released dual weapons without single weapons, whether there is a single variant somewhere doesn't really change that.

Name one restaurant that sells double cheeseburgers but will refuse to sell single patty burgers. I dare you.

No cheating with google either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analogy

Edited by Aggh

Akstilleto.  Yet another wild claim not supported by fact.  Stop it.

No, it wouldn't.  They've released dual weapons without single weapons, whether there is a single variant somewhere doesn't really change that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analogy

Akstilleto has no single version. Null.

It changes that because this would be the first set of dual weapons with an unobtainable single version that exists in the game. This has everything to do with it.

Analogies only hold water if that have some truth. You cannot buy a double cheeseburger if they do not serve single cheeseburgers. Fact.

Akstilleto has no single version. Null.

It changes that because this would be the first set of dual weapons with an unobtainable single version that exists in the game. This has everything to do with it.

Analogies only hold water if that have some truth. You cannot buy a double cheeseburger if they do not serve single cheeseburgers. Fact.

Doesn't matter.  To a non founder it will be the same difference.  From a business stand point and a design stand point it makes no real difference whether there has been a single variant or not  The fact that you've had to change your argument after I pointed out the akstilleto shows how flimsy that argument is. 

You need to actually learn the purpose of an analogy.  Read the wiki article at least.  I'm not sure how you can't understand how that analogy illustrated how not selling one product doesn't preclude the selling of another similar product.

Edited by Aggh

Doesn't matter.  To a non founder it will be the same difference.  From a business stand point and a design stand point it makes no real difference whether there has been a single variant or not  The fact that you've had to change your argument after I pointed out the akstilleto shows how flimsy that argument is. 

You need to actually learn the purpose of an analogy.  Read the wiki article at least.  I'm not sure how you can't understand how that analogy illustrated how not selling one product doesn't preclude the selling of another similar product.

How exactly did I change my argument? There is no single stiletto. That's why you can acquire the dual version but not the single. But in this case a single version does exist, but is unobtainable.

Except your analogy was terrible. A cheeseburger and a double cheeseburger aren't just similar, the former is available if the latter is available. By your argument, a better analogy would be a cheeseburger to a chicken sandwich. The cheeseburger to double cheeseburger analogy was self-destructive because you cannot buy a double if they don't sell a single.

Please answer me this, will DE releasing aklato prime or dual skana prime fix anything? If you think so, please explain to me how, because I'm apparently not intelligent enough to understand.

Edited by Ionus

Wow...... I already see some "non-contributive" feedbacks/discussions. Yet those posts weren't removed, or this thread still hasn't closed.

I can seriously see this thread slowly spiral into a hate/rage war between the people who is for exclusivity and those who are against it.

Should unroot the problem before it slowly starts to build up and escalate.

You will never have unanimity on this subject.

You missed the late and skana prime. That's fine. They aren't very good weapons anyway. Mastery points? DE is releasing new weapons through the Tenno Reinforcement patches/weapons update. They also release new weapons upon each major update (U10, U11, U12, etc etc).

So much qq'ing and whining. Man.... just let this topic/subject die already....

It hasnt spiraled into anything after all of these pages and wont likely get worse than where its at

Most if not all of the derailment is coming from people who think this will hurt founders in some way and hteyre purposely attempting to get the thread locked

They dont care for civil argument in this case since a lock favors them greatly