Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Releasing The Aklato Prime And Dual Skana Prime [Please Be Civil And Constructive]

Mesyra

Just because isn't a real reason. Not for this particular issue. There still hasn't been a single good reason as to the why. Apart from Founder imitating I can't think of a reason.

Why does there need to be a reason?  It's a weapon.  It's new content.  It would be relatively easy to implement.  It will make DE lots of money.  I'd say that last reason is a pretty good one.

if they are going to be relatively bad then why have them in the first place? There are many other weapons that have no prime counterpart yet that would also be more effective in gameplay

Where's the rule saying that all weapons have to be good?  They could be super rare T1 drops for newer players to grind for example.  Seer is pretty bad overall yet people still grind for it.  Braton prime is subpar too yet it still was implemented.  I could go on all day listing weapons that aren't good that have been released despite being bad from the get go.

Edited by Aggh

Why does there need to be a reason?  It's a weapon.  It's new content.  It would be relatively easy to implement.  It will make DE lots of money.  I'd say that last version is a pretty good reason.

Where's the rule saying that all weapons have to be good?  They could be super rare T1 drops for newer players to grind for example.  Seer is pretty bad overall yet people still grind for it.  Braton prime is subpar to yet it still was implemented.  I could go on all day listing weapons that aren't good that have been released despite being bad from the get go.

Is this what your argument has deevolved into? Wtb thread lock... pst

Is this what your argument has deevolved into? Wtb thread lock... pst

Why not refute if it's so bad?  You keep on falling back to posts like these after your arguments get broken down.

Edited by Aggh

Why does there need to be a reason?  It's a weapon.  It's new content.  It would be relatively easy to implement.  It will make DE lots of money.  I'd say that last version is a pretty good reason.

Where's the rule saying that all weapons have to be good?  They could be super rare T1 drops for newer players to grind for example.  Seer is pretty bad overall yet people still grind for it.  Braton prime is subpar to yet it still was implemented.  I could go on all day listing weapons that aren't good that have been released despite being bad from the get go.

Seer when released wasnt that bad with all the other weapons at the time, same with braton prime it was one of the first prime weapons and pretty decent on its release. As more weapons are released older ones become weaker in comparisons and more obsolete but every weapon in this game has had some point in the games timeline where it was effective at one point.  But the Aklato prime and Dual Skana prime would be horrible on their release having no point in the games timeline where they could be useful. There isnt a rule saying all weapons have to be good but there is no point implementing bad weapons into the game that will do nothing more than create further conflicts in the community. 

Why not refute if it's so bad?  You keep on falling back to posts like these after your arguments get broken down.

You have no argument except just because. I've already dismantled your theory using known lore and in game methods (AKBronco Prime) you have contributed nothing worthwhile as of many posts ago.

This conversation is over

Seer when released wasnt that bad with all the other weapons at the time, same with braton prime it was one of the first prime weapons and pretty decent on its release. As more weapons are released older ones become weaker in comparisons and more obsolete but every weapon in this game has had some point in the games timeline where it was effective at one point.  But the Aklato prime and Dual Skana prime would be horrible on their release having no point in the games timeline where they could be useful. There isnt a rule saying all weapons have to be good but there is no point implementing bad weapons into the game that will do nothing more than create further conflicts in the community. 

Seer and braton prime have been outclassed for the entire time that they've been out.  Especially the braton.  It's got 5.1 more damage, 5 more ammo and 5% better damage than one of the first and worst guns in the game.  If there's no rule saying that bad weapons can't be implemented, why can't they?

You have no argument except just because. I've already dismantled your theory using known lore and in game methods (AKBronco Prime) you have contributed nothing worthwhile as of many posts ago.

This conversation is over

No, you tried to do that and then I proved how DE could write it in and as usual you gave up and started making unsupported statements rather than addressing my argument.

What exactly is stopping DE from saying that tenno abandoned prime weapons in the void, or that they were found abandoned or broken (but still good for parts) in the cryopods of kidnapped tenno sleepers?  There are any number of ways that they could write aklato/dual skana parts into the void. 

To begin with you only pursued that argument after your argument over AKbronco prime was dismantled for the umpteenth time.  There are piles of dual variants in the game that do not require a weapon in the crafting cost and there is no rule set in stone that says they have to be crafted in such a manner. 

Until you can prove either of those arguments wrong, you still don't really have a foot to stand on with these issues.

Edited by Aggh

Aggh, why must you keep this going? A very big chunk of this thread is you arguing with others, many of the others who support the idea have left or come back periodically, but you seem to be here every moment possible.

I seriously doubt and hope that DE would never release these weapons, going behind the backs of their founders and I doubt any of these recent posts would change their minds, all this thread is now is people yelling at each other and getting off topic.

Just sit and wait, sit and wait for the weapons that shall never come.

Hey man, don't fault Aggh for sticking to his guns. That's admirable.

Besides, a lot of this topic is centered around our personal feelings about the matter. So no one is right or wrong in particular.

Edit: Hate to mention it, by the by, but there were people who said "Wait for it to never happen" about Derf Anyo too.

Edited by Blatantfool

What I meant and didn't really state was that this is 60 pages of the same arguments repeating themselves with different people.

Yeah. It happens. This is one of those topics that doesn't tend to see a lot of variation. People either aren't interested in seeing it happen at all or they have one of a few specific sorts of 'solutions' in mind.

Aggh, why must you keep this going? A very big chunk of this thread is you arguing with others, many of the others who support the idea have left or come back periodically, but you seem to be here every moment possible.

I seriously doubt and hope that DE would never release these weapons, going behind the backs of their founders and I doubt any of these recent posts would change their minds, all this thread is now is people yelling at each other and getting off topic.

Just sit and wait, sit and wait for the weapons that shall never come.

Because people are still repeating the same arguments that have already been refuted inside and out of this thread many times already.  Leaving them unopposed lends them credibility that they don't deserve.

DE has yet to make a definitive statement on whether they will release these weapons and have in fact stated that dual variants would not necessarily violate founder's items exclusivity.  They also acknowledge that some might feel that it is sneaky to release those dual variants, but the fact that they have acknowledged the discussion does at least show they are following the discussion and may have had internal discussions over the issue.

This thread would have been permanently closed ages ago if it weren't a topic worth discussing.

Because people are still repeating the same arguments that have already been refuted inside and out of this thread many times already.  Leaving them unopposed lends them credibility that they don't deserve.

DE has yet to make a definitive statement on whether they will release these weapons and have in fact stated that dual variants would not necessarily violate founder's items exclusivity.  They also acknowledge that some might feel that it is sneaky to release those dual variants, but the fact that they have acknowledged the discussion does at least show they are following the discussion and may have had internal discussions over the issue.

This thread would have been permanently closed ages ago if it weren't a topic worth discussing.

The thing is, these arguments being repeated, they're being ruled out on both sides. Each argument from each side is getting ruled out until those arguments just become an opportunity to make the other person look stupid. Yes, technically, this wouldn't be breaking any deals, but most of the founders would feel differently.

Edited by CryogenicNinja

if they are going to be relatively bad then why have them in the first place? There are many other weapons that have no prime counterpart yet that would also be more effective in gameplay

Why prime or vandal any weapon thats not top tier?

We should just jump right into Ogris and soma

Or even better

Lets release Boar Prime Prime

Its been a while since dual skana and lato have been out and theyre far overdue for a prime anyways

[rant]

what I dont understand is why the founders are so opposed to these weapons, they would bring the opportunity to buff their original lato and skana prime, it would bring in more mastery points, and it would look cool, everyone likes shiny things. there is no point in having people come onto this thread just for the simple post of NO go sit in a corner and cry. its foolish and people should come up with something that is not a stupid compromise like a refund of their money when they are having an unrelated item released. if a large portion of the founders would at least try to negotiate and at least try to do something productive when they are shooting down ideas, it would be helpful. they are supposed to have the best in mind for the future of development, and right now, it doesnt seem like they do.

[/rant]

[rant]

what I dont understand is why the founders are so opposed to these weapons, they would bring the opportunity to buff their original lato and skana prime, it would bring in more mastery points, and it would look cool, everyone likes shiny things. there is no point in having people come onto this thread just for the simple post of NO go sit in a corner and cry. its foolish and people should come up with something that is not a stupid compromise like a refund of their money when they are having an unrelated item released. if a large portion of the founders would at least try to negotiate and at least try to do something productive when they are shooting down ideas, it would be helpful. they are supposed to have the best in mind for the future of development, and right now, it doesnt seem like they do.

[/rant]

The thing is, neither of these weapons would be good. They would be a shiny pile of trash in your hands.The reason people want them is pure jealousy. Having next to any other prime weapon would be more useful. I would post a wall of text, but I must leave, so I leave you with this.

Yeah. It happens. This is one of those topics that doesn't tend to see a lot of variation. People either aren't interested in seeing it happen at all or they have one of a few specific sorts of 'solutions' in mind.

You know, just because you kinda agree with somebody doesn't mean they shouldn't be removed from the discussion if they're only slowing things down.

Please try to remain impartial, it sounds like you're only allowing this pointless discussion to continue because you disagree with what the majority is saying.

[rant]

[/rant]

Whether or not a particular person is 'opposed' to the items is fair game.

It is a good question, asking whether or not Dual Primes of Prime weapons that were made to be exclusive is pushing it. It surprises me none that so many people feel it is pushing it. 

Truth is, you could throw all kinds of gameplay logic at a person. "Dual Swords are a different weapon class. It isn't like your Longsword is done for" or "Well, it isn't like DE hasn't proven in the past that they're cool enough to throw Founders a bone and do something neat." and on and on.

But it is a question of how a person feels about it. That sort of stuff takes a backseat when a person is being honest about how they feel.

The thing is, neither of these weapons would be good. They would be a shiny pile of trash in your hands.The reason people want them is pure jealousy. Having next to any other prime weapon would be more useful. I would post a wall of text, but I must leave, so I leave you with this.

Well even if they arent they should eventually be released shouldnt they?

They are a prime variant of the dual skana and aklato (both of which are obtainable by all players in game btw) and the braton has already been primed up

So lets say they release them not specifically over the founder issue but just because its been a long time and these weapons are up next to be primed

Is it really a slap in the face to founders?

And so what if that's the case?  They aren't founders exclusives so it doesn't matter.

Again, this is what Dex items could be for going forward. Founders keep their unique gear and everyone gets something fancy that mechanically behaves the same as the exclusives do.

And again, why not just make completely new gear rather than trying to take what Founders have?

And again, why not just make completely new gear rather than trying to take what Founders have?

That implies that it would take the same amount of work which isn't necessarily the case.  They could make more money and do it in less time.  And you never had these weapons so stop acting like you ever did.

Is a founder, doesn't care if they released dual versions of the weapons that everyone can get because I would rather use the dual versions than the single versions of the weapons anyways.  

Though to be honest, if either of these came out, they would likely not be used because other weapons in the game would still be superior in comparison.  Is it a slap in the face?  No, since no one else would ever use a single except the founders that paid that tier for it long ago.  Why would anyone use the single version instead of the dual?  The same reason as any other one, faster reload, faster swing speed/recovery, more accuracy.  The fact that this thread has so many pages is really crazy.

And if other comparable versions of the prime weapons were made, people will still complain about these, some people want everything and you know what, you can't have everything.

if a large portion of the founders would at least try to negotiate and at least try to do something productive when they are shooting down ideas, it would be helpful.

And we should have to negotiate because...?

De offered a deal. Founders bought the deal. That should be the end of the story, but no. People start doing everything in their power to find whatever loophole they can to get Founders' exclusives and say we're selfish when we try to stop them. Utter insanity. We don't have to negotiate because we never did anything wrong.

And Aggh, don't even bother. Dual Skana Prime = 1 Skana Prime + 1 Skana Prime. You can't have one without the other, so yes, it would be extremely dishonest of DE to release these.

That implies that it would take the same amount of work which isn't necessarily the case.  They could make more money and do it in less time.  And you never had these weapons so stop acting like you ever did.

This is a nonsensical argument which seems to hinge on the idea that 1 + 1 doesn't equal 2.

I've never had to teach entry level mathematics, but, I'll give it my best shot.

Basically, Luke has an apple. A single apple, no others are in his possession. We call this "One" apple. For there are no other apples. It is a single entity.

Now, Lucy, has an apple in each hand. She has "Two" apples. "Two" is like one, but, in each hand.

If Luke was to take one of Lucy's apples. Luke would have two apples. Lucy would only have one.

However, they would both have a certain number of apples.