Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alad V Event Quantum Badge Idea: Infested Quantum Badge

Digidyne017

During a defense mission, I complimented a fellow teammate's Quantum Badge, introduced back in Tethra's Doom, and he told me that it was nothing special, and I asked why. He said that he wished that awesome features were implemented in the badge. He didn't like the fact that all the Quantum Badge did was "shone little tentacles that only waved back and forth, virtually calling it bland. Back in Tethra's Doom, I only went as far as getting all of the event mods and the Gorgon Wraith, but didn't care about the new Quantum Badge until I saw almost everyone in my clan had won. Currently I'm hoping for a new quantum badge in the upcoming event for Alad V to make up for Tethra's Doom. Then I suddenly came up with a concept that my teammate, and the rest of my party said was sick.

My concept was to be very significant exclusive to the upcoming Event:

-instead of the standard Quantum badge which resembles an explosion or a Fomorian core, the Infested Quantum would be a bud shaped badge with infested design

The special effects would be applied to the Infested Quantum badge as follows:

-the bud's roots would ""grow" on your warframe over time.

-the length and thickness of the roots would depend on how many shields/health you have.

-depleted shields and low health would cause these roots to wither away and dangle off of the frame, where they would break off and regrow on your frame.

-gathering energy/health orbs would cause the roots to pulse and the bud grows gradually

-picking up/activating life support would cause the bud to "blossom"

- while idle the roots would grow onto the floor, wall, even onto fellow teammates.

-teammates with the Infested Quantum would grow roots on each other and would "leech/siphon" energy to whoever doesn't have maxed energy

- the Infested Quantum would "drag"  a few pickups (max: 3) when you walk by them, to resemble the infested's nature to consume.

If you guys think that this would make the next Event more rewarding, although its a cosmetic, share this thread so the devs will take note.

I think if you narrow it down to just having the badge "infest" the arm over time in a mission (a la Dark Sector/Proto Excalibur), it'd be a lot more appealing. Otherwise, it's a good concept but should be cosmetic only.

Edited by ZephyrPhantom