Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So.......the Focus System

Deidaku

I haven't see all of the devstream ....But I don't think it has been spoken  of in a while

I'm still not sure what it's about.

All I know personally is you reach lvl 30 with an item. YOu put a lens with special powers on it ....and that's it...

still no news?

U mean U14 isn't anywhere? :(

Doesn't have anything to do with U14.

U14 will probably introduce the new Infested tileset + new enemies, the new Tenno Ships and with it the new GUI/Starchart. On-top of that I expect a new Warframe to go with the reworked Golem J3 and a handful of new weapons or other customization items.

[edit] Ninja'd.

Edited by MeduSalem

I hope they won' t turn it into an excessively grindy mechanic

If it's still depending on excess XP when your weapons/warframes hit level 30... then it will be grindy. But that's the whole sense about an "endgame"-mechanic, it shouldn't be over soon, otherwise it's no endgame-mechanic. But I wouldn't be surprised if some ultra elitist-bastards will complain after 2-3 weeks that they eventually hit the cap of the focus system as well.

I haven't see all of the devstream ....But I don't think it has been spoken  of in a while

All I know personally is you reach lvl 30 with an item. YOu put a lens with special powers on it ....and that's it...

still no news?

Focus system was supposed to be a system to vent all the XP wasted on our maxed arsenal, so that it would be used later on a special "skill tree" thingie, and to give you a "class", and that could make you go super sayajin Superman super Tenno mode for a few moments every now and then

goddamit

I hope they won' t turn it into an excessively grindy mechanic

It had nothing to do with grinding, it was simply a way to make use of XP on maxed frames/weapons.

still no news?

i thought the focus system was the avatar state? or is this something complete different and they scratched that idea?

Doesn't have anything to do with U14.

U14 will probably introduce the new Infested tileset + new enemies, the new Tenno Ships and with it the new GUI/Starchart. On-top of that I expect a new Warframe to go with the reworked Golem J3 and a handful of new weapons or other customization items.

[edit] Ninja'd.

you forgot pet-Kubrows

Focus system was supposed to be a system to vent all the XP wasted on our maxed arsenal, so that it would be used later on a special "skill tree" thingie, and to give you a "class", and that could make you go super sayajin Superman super Tenno mode for a few moments every now and then

The super sayajin thing has been scrapped in favor of permanent improvements to your Tenno, but that's been suspended as well. Currently no one knows what direction they will take because ever since they said that they are back to the drawing boards there haven't been any official updates on the Focus stuff. Everything ever since Livestream 29 is up to speculation.

you forgot pet-Kubrows

As well as some other stuff. But I'm not fond of the Pet-Kubrows so I'm still in denial. -_-

U14 will probably introduce the new Infested tileset + new enemies, 

I highly doubt that we will get the new enemies, just look at how long it takes to get the weapons from the contest, so I think that the new enemies aren´t coming before U 16.

I highly doubt that we will get the new enemies, just look at how long it takes to get the weapons from the contest, so I think that the new enemies aren´t coming before U 16.

Well there's a slight chance we wil see them in the U14 just watch devstream 30.

Well the ones from the contest will probably take longer, but in Livestream 30 they showed off some other pretty much finished enemies that will be part of the Infested Tileset.

Also they had put the contest weapons back into the corner because they had to shift their concentration on Melee 2.0, otherwise they would have already aired.

The super sayajin thing has been scrapped in favor of permanent improvements to your Tenno, but that's been suspended as well. Currently no one knows what direction they will take because ever since they said that they are back to the drawing boards there haven't been any official updates on the Focus stuff. Everything ever since Livestream 29 is up to speculation.

As well as some other stuff. But I'm not fond of the Pet-Kubrows so I'm still in denial. -_-

Oh thank god. That idea was stupid as f*ck...

I'd punch in the neck whoever tought a "super sayajin" mode on this game would be a good idea... -_-

I think it should be subtle things like weapon swapping speed. Bullet time maybe :3. Codex scanning speed.

Oh god yes please

Wiki mentions six different categories, so there's bound to be varied stuff.

Should at least give me a reason to burn out some more infested with my ignis.

Oh sweet, I'm hoping that's true.