Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Coming To Xbox One, Did Cross Play Just Go Out The Window?

Satinpuppies

They already said 'Crossplay is not going to happen'. That is, unless we get dedicated servers and instant cert from Sony (and now Microsoft)... And I don't think DE has that sort of bargaining power.

:/ big disappointment...

EDIT: could you link me to where they said that it isn't going to happen.

Edited by Satinpuppies

The cross play element is really up to Sony as I understand it.  The only alternative would be to hold the PC players at the same patch mark that Sony has released up to.

Which might actually be a good idea, but would place Warframe's release schedule into Sony's hands.

How so? like how, if warthunder can do it why can't Warframe do it? Is it because Warthunder has dedicated servers or something?

Because the PC version updates faster than the PS4 version.  Simple as that.

Either DE would have to slow down or Sony would have to speed up.  Neither of which seems like a realistic/attractive option for all affected parties.

Because the PC version updates faster than the PS4 version.  Simple as that.

Either DE would have to slow down or Sony would have to speed up.  Neither of which seems like a realistic/attractive option for all affected parties.

But in Warthunder Pc and ps4 update at the same time and they update more often than warframe... Just wondering what is going on with the devs over at gaijin and how they are able to it...

But in Warthunder Pc and ps4 update at the same time and they update more often than warframe... Just wondering what is going on with the devs over at gaijin and how they are able to it...

Mm, that is a mystery I do not know the answer to.  I'm unfamiliar with Warthunder's development, and their relationship with Sony.

All I know is that in Warframe's case, what I spoke is truth.

They just announced it today :|

They what? WHY?

I mean. Microsoft is, besides EA, the most bullsh** company. Why would I team up with that company...

I can already see all those people whining about the founder/exclusive gear all over again.....

They what? WHY?

I mean. Microsoft is, besides EA, the most bullsh** company. Why would I team up with that company...

I can already see all those people whining about the founder/exclusive gear all over again.....

I'd assume it's because like most people, DE likes money :|