Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radial Disarm Re-Imagined

Alantar

Of my over 500 hours of gameplay, I have used Loki 51% of the time. I find myself using each of his powers consistently, but the most underwhelming is radial disarm. Currently it works quite literally, all enemies within a radius lose their ranged weapons. My idea for a power rework could add a new edge to the master of ruse.

What if instead of simply disarming enemies in a radial blast indefinitely, it became an effect on all enemies within Loki's power range for a set duration. Mods would effect duration and power range. New utility could also be added with the power affecting the Infested, possibly a rooting effect or a speed debuff.

Loki is one of the original Warframes, but most of his power reworks have been visual or underlying tweaks. With his Primed version on it's way, why not give one of the older frames a bit of the Orokin Buffer. 

250px-FlameRepellentModnew.png

Posting this for the thread's own good.

People like Radial Disarm due to the fact that it has an extremely long Crippling of enemy's ranged offensive.

If you wait long enough, eventually the enemies will recover their weapons. 

Only if you wait long enough, that is.

Edited by HiddenKharma

nope: actually radial disarm is a good ability because not affected by power duration, and you want to change it ?

So the ennemies will be like: "oh my god, a loki, where is my primar weapon !", also I just don't understand why it should affect infested, they don't use any primary weapons, so the nature of the power change to slow them ?

Loki is the only warframe with perfect balanced skills ( but decoy and switch cost too much energy), I don't want him to be changed

Edit: ( >850 hrs, loki 56%)

Edited by koolen

250px-FlameRepellentModnew.png

Posting this for the thread's own good.

People like Radial Disarm due to the fact that it has an extremely long Crippling of enemy's ranged offensive.

If you wait long enough, eventually the enemies will recover their weapons. 

Only if you wait long enough, that is.

Oh you...

On topic:

It may be great idea or not so great. As for infested. I belive that it should do at least something to them. I donot know, permanent puncture rebuff or smth like this. Simple. Since RD does jack S#&$ vs Infested as of now, and I like Loki, he was my first frame.

Loki's disarm doesn't need to be reworked. It only works on ranged weapons (ala only 2 of the 3 factions). Yeah it literally "dis-arms" certain infested but they still hit you anyways. Making it a set duration would be an unnecessary nerf. Plus there are already a few speed debuffing/ stasis abities (warcry, molecular prime, Bastille, rhino stomp etc)

You don't like Radial Disarm, but you play Loki more than any other 'Frame?  Who are you?!

Though seriously, I think his ult is cool as it is.  Greatly inhibits all enemies permanently at the expense of not killing any of them.

And hey, maybe when ult-spam is nerfed (*coughcough*cooldownsplease*coughcough*), Loki won't just be "run into group of enemies, press 4, find new group of enemies, repeat."

When i was rank 1 i considered Radial useless

It didnt do any damage and when i used it everyone else just 4d and wiped out the enemies

By rank 4 i appreciated its utility in combat and would never run a loki without it save for conclave

Don't get me wrong, I still find the current Radial Disarm a game changing ability, and I don't wan't to see the ability nerfed. If anything I want the skill to be BUFFED.

If you want it to be buffed then don't try to give it a limited duration. I'd say give Loki a melee damage boost but he already had that with invis. Confuse disarmed enemies? Switch tele does that. Perhaps they could give affected enemies an attack speed debuff (not a movement speed debuff, just attack speed) but in reality I am totally fine with radial disarm as it is.

Radial is in need of a rework though...

Too strong

It's not too strong.

It's only ridiculously strong when combined with other CC powerful frames (IE vauban and nyx).

By itself, it doesn't do all that much other than negating range harm.

It's not too strong.

It's only ridiculously strong when combined with other CC powerful frames (IE vauban and nyx).

By itself, it doesn't do all that much other than negating range harm.

Doesnt do much?

It makes every enemy unit less useful than infested who are widely believed to be the weakest faction in the game

And permanently at that

Maybe for infested, it could downgrade attacks and disable specials. For example, ancients would not be able to ragdoll their targets and cannot use their specials (heal, disrupt, etc.). Those guys that explode can't explode (runner? Forget the name...). Anyone without a special attack would simply do less damage.

... As for infested. I belive that it should do at least something to them. I donot know, permanent puncture rebuff or smth like this. Simple...

I agree - it needs to do SOMETHING to infested (charger damage notwithstanding)

Personally, I think that it should do damage and thus "disarm" (as in defuse) exploding infested. That should be a given.

As for the rest, since there will be new ranged infested enemy units - they could lose these abilities. At the very least, Radial Disarm should trip and knock down other infested within radius to open up chances for ground finishers as well as provide time to regroup, gain position, etc.