The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just Some General Steam Related Question

yarash2110

since i can't buy any game through steam directly i wanted to know if i could buy a disk of a game and then connect it to my steam account so it will be like a bought the game through steam, i don't have any other forum i know and on steam no one answers me so i figured someone from here could help me

thanks for commenting 

i can't buy any game through steam directly

Why?

i wanted to know if i could buy a disk of a game and then connect it to my steam account so it will be like a bought the game through steam

Depends on the game. For instance, Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, as well as Assassin's Creed 1 and 2, don't work.

Edited by Mcl_BlueMadness

Why?

Depends on the game. For instance, Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, as well as Assassin's Creed 1 and 2, don't work.

im 15 so i can't have a credit card and my parents don't want me to use theirs, because they don't know steam and they don't think it's trust worthy, and i want to buy borderlands 2

Most times it only works this way when you buy a game that is only avaible on steam. If a Publisher has its own System like Origin (EA) or Uplay (Ubisoft) they will use that. For example the Disc Version of Assassins Creed or Watch Dogs will always be a Uplay Key. Same with any EA Game that is also avaible on Steam.

Not sure how this is regualted in your country but here you can't buy Borderlands 2 if you are under 18. So you might want to look that up before (if you should play a Game like Borderlands 2 with 15 is another thing but that is something you have to know for youself or should atleast discuss with your parents). Also Steam offers other Paymentoptions then a credit card.

Edited by Evers

Should look like this:

soqyuha.jpg

for some reason i can't take screenshots of it but i'l just write what i see: 

paypal

webmoney

visa

master card

american express

discover

JCB

money bookers

nothing else, anything there is not a credit card service? 

lol just use google to see which one allows you to pay without a Credit Card. but that i can tell you: the one that don't requiere a credit card will requiere atleast a bank account and the possibility to do online transactions or a direct debit authorization.

But if you want to know what payment service offers what exactly just google them.

lol just use google to see which one allows you to pay without a Credit Card. but that i can tell you: the one that don't requiere a credit card will requiere atleast a bank account and the possibility to do online transactions or a direct debit authorization.

But if you want to know what payment service offers what exactly just google them.

ok thanks