Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New And Alternative Idea About The Debate About Rather Or Not The New Armor Pieces Should Give Static Stat Boosts

I had an idea about the new cosmetic armors and the debate about stats that is going on about if they should or should not give stat boosts. So I'm just putting it out there and tell me what you guys think.

This idea is a bit different but I believe that with in the current game set up should be a completely viable alternative to locked in stat boost like the helms had been that forced you to look a certain way to get the best boost.

1. Make armor pieces to carry a SINGLE POLARITY SLOT, which can be changed AT WILL with forma. I'm not saying that they will carry mods, but an empty slot with a polarity. Could even make them blank polarities upon first acquiring the armor and players have to grind the forma to begin polarizing with

2. The polarity slot of each individual armor piece will then boost a STATIC PERCENTAGE, lets say only 1 or 2 percent each armor piece, of ALL MODS LOADED INTO THE WAFRAME WEARING THE ARMOR. So if you you forma five pieces of armor with dash polarities, all mods with a dash polarity on the warframe wearing it would be boosted 5-10% in strength.

I believe with the equipment load out UI that exists it should be very easy to make this happen, but best of all open things up to where your not only not penalized for getting the looks you want for stats, but could reward players into farming and choosing their own stat boots and creating more creative opportunities for customization. It will also give you the impression that the armor wearing the armor is affected by wearing it. Heck you could mix and match sets as long as you invest forma, or even create multiple specialized sets for each warframe or loadout. I believe it would be grind worthy and would more than please both the min/maxers and the people who just want their frame to look how they want it to. Also with the small percentage boosts only noticeable when stacked it won't risk becoming game breaking, and would only supplement the existing mod system. Even the forma would be lore friendly since a lot of the tenno research and foundry items require one to craft, and would function identically to how you polarize your mod slots now, meaning forma is compatible with all tenno tech.

Thanks for giving this a read and please post what you guys think. I am a fist time poster and play on ps4.

How about we keep cosmetics you know cosmetic. Now that the helmet stats have been phased out there is absolutely no reason for this. And since you still need to spend plat on armor pieces it purely translates to buying power (and "ooh just trade shiz for plat" isn't acceptable excuse).

Interesting, but I'd rather see this as something separate from the armours as that carries a stigma.

Something like Runes, if this were a fantasy game. Carry five rune-stones with the same icon and you boost that polarity's effect. Make the base runes drop rarely from any enemy kill, add a rune-press decoration to the Dojo and voila. Make it purely a game construct, much like the mods, or the Foci lenses whenever that rolls out.

Short version: no
Long version:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But in all seriousness, it makes no sense the fact they removed stats on helmets and now they'd want to put in stats on cosmetic items as well, they are COSMETICS, they've no value but vanity, that's the same thing as asking Riot(On league of legends) to put extra stats on skins. It's a terrible ideia, you're paying to make yourself look better, and if you'd put stats on a vanity item, guess what, it's called PAY TO WIN, in which you're superiorly better than the majority of the players because you used money to access extra stuff.

This game is suppose to be FREE TO PLAY for a reason, and it holds its title, doing this would ruin everything in this game.

what we have learnt, from arcane helms, is that mixing stats (logical optimization) with cosmetics (aesthetic appreciation) is bad idea. Arcane helm is especially bad because there is a negative stat (if they had only positive stats, I think people will complain less).

So while I generally think adding stats to attached parts (be it helms, scarves, skins or armor bits) is a nice idea game wise, there will be some parts that will piss people off because of the conflict between the benefits/shortcomings of the stats vs the aesthetic appeal/disapproval.

e.g. If some Sugatra starts giving bonuses, I would start to curse and swear because I can't stand the sight of the wiggly infested-like bits sticking out of my weapons.

by my estimate adding trade-off stats to cosmetics will cause the most dissatisfaction: people who likes the looks and hate the stats, like the stats but hate the looks.

adding positive only stats will probably dissatisfy people who hates the looks but like the stats. (because  nobody will hate the positive-only stats now). But this will cause other dissatisfaction among those who do not have the items.

Keeping the stats and cosmetics totally separate will probably cause the least dissatisfaction.

so @OP, while I think it is a nice (if not new) idea, but probably better to keep cosmetics stat-less.

so @OP, while I think it is a nice (if not new) idea, but probably better to keep cosmetics stat-less.

^Pretty much how I would sum it up as well. DE has stated their philosophy on stats and cosmetics is that they want to do everything they can to move away from combining the two for all current and future content. And while I haven't agreed with every decision on their part, needless to say they've made their point very clear and intend to stick by it.

um wat

put slots on armor pieces? ie put more power cosmetics when they just took stats off of cosmetics?

srsly?

and then you want one extra mod slot PER piece of armor? that then give all mods of a certain polarity an overall bonus?

orly?

dude, how about you just learn to code, hack the game and go play by yerself in godmode, it's clearly what you want anyways

like srsly, this game isn't already snorefest boringly easy enough for you already?

we need across the board power DOWN, just to bring back some of the challenge (the new units look nice, but we still kill everything with one keypress and we can spam that over and over, thats just lame)