Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tier 4 Void Keys Confirmed.good Or Bad?

Coach-Aprax

I LOVE the idea of a new tier of content, but I am exhausted with the "keys behind grindwalls" system. Started with ODD, and Lephantis, got worse with Vey Hek, No one enjoys the prospect of grinding for a key, that could very well just end up handing them an orokin cell. RNG IS the grind. 

I am fine with not getting drops quickly, I am NOT fine with having to grind for drops, just so I can ENTER the mission that actually has the drops I want.

I love this game, and I love this company. I genuinely do. I appreciate that you stick to your guns about some of your fundamental views on the game's design. That said, it reaches a point of saturation, when enough is enough. The players have railed against the grindwall entry mechanic EVERYTIME, it gets implemented, and then the next iteration seems to just exacerbate that frustration, by making the grind worse.

I am not asking to get new content overnight, I don't expect to have everything handed to me. I also don't expect to have to grind just to PLAY the mission I want to play.

/endrant.

Edit: This is basically telling a future baseball player, that he has to play Tennis for a few years before he is allowed to step up to the plate. 

There is just one thing i would say as a rebuttal to your rant....they are designing the game as a whole...not just for those of us who have been here forever....imagine if you just started playing WF, besides complaining bout not having Excal Prime, you would be easily getting all these nodes and keys and what not as you go through the game.....yes for us its starting just on the single new thing and farming the grind hell out of it to see the content.

TLDR: Its beta they are designing the game for the whole not us...QQ

There is just one thing i would say as a rebuttal to your rant....they are designing the game as a whole...not just for those of us who have been here forever....imagine if you just started playing WF, besides complaining bout not having Excal Prime, you would be easily getting all these nodes and keys and what not as you go through the game.....yes for us its starting just on the single new thing and farming the grind hell out of it to see the content.

That doesn't make the grind any worse or less incessant. The new player experience is already quite terrible and a poor thing to use against someone making quite a fair point against a poor system DE keeps building upon in the wrong ways that brings no actual enjoyment to the game. 

What you have basically stated, is that excessive grind/content gating is GOOD for new players? If players who are well equipped with a year's worth of gear dislike the neverending hoops they have to jump through, just to get to PLAY a mission, for new players that experience will be worse, ten fold.

A new challenge is allways good in this game,but if the new prime content will be in T4 , we are going to have a bad time! I try very very hard to love this game , but sometimes... I just hate to make the same thing over and over and over (farming Vay Hek beacons for example)

More unbalanced bulletsponge enemies, keys probably impossible to obtain. Exactly what we needed, yoo-frickin-hoo...

This.  I hate that.

They need to add difficulty in more creative ways.  Simply forcing the player to empty entire magazines into single 'tough' enemies is...it's just not 'fun.'

Edited by Hexagoros

Less dilution of the drop tables can only be good, at least as far as prime parts are concerned. Hopefully there will be a guaranteed way of getting T4's, since in the current state theres a guaranteed way to get T3's in tier 3 defense missions.

I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch.

i would not count chickens. never ever.

please wait and see. the only thing that sting me is the total lack of rewards when you passed the "full mod fully ranked" barrier. we ll see where it goes. if it is balanced for dudes who did not pass this barrier well. we ll probably sleep in it, like the rest.

You guys are such a bunch of moaners, what happened to hours of grinding in games for one item does anyone remember when Lephantis first came out ? It took me 2 hours with a full 4 man team to do him the first time and you know what I had fun, who remembers when you would be lucky if you got 30 plastids in a run on a planet ? Who remembers when it would take you ages to farm a warframe and actaully having an item earned you a certain amount of respect or just being level 30 with a frame you and a certain Aura of OOOOH around you. All you people who moan and groan destroy the grind aspect of the game that makes it what it is, stop crying grow some manhood and grind your items and your respect back not jsut buy them and find them on the first run, it took me 2 years 2 YEARS to find my frost prime and you know what I didnt care because I grinded every single piece of it, bring back the difficulty level make people moan and cry it is to easy, Do you guys not want a challenge? Respect, items, admiration, awards and experience need to earnt not bought. Shoot me down for saying this but this si what the forums are for the game is becoming to easy.

Bad. More void dilution, more forced grinding, more RNG. T4 adds more of everything that players don't want. 

I don't. Considering the positive feedback about enemy difficulty in the suspicious shipments alerts, I think DE is going to play on that when designing the T4 keys.

Well, consider how much negative feedback there's been about void dilution and RNG-reliance, and that every prime update adds more RNG and more-diluted void tables. They clearly don't really care very much what the community thinks. That anything the players actually want makes it in the game seems to be nothing more than a happy accident at this point.

it took me 2 years 2 YEARS to find my frost prime and you know what I didnt care because I grinded every single piece of it, bring back the difficulty level make people moan and cry it is to easy, Do you guys not want a challenge? Respect, items, admiration, awards and experience need to earnt not bought. Shoot me down for saying this but this si what the forums are for the game is becoming to easy.

First, I was here back then.

Second, facts. get them right - Frost Prime's barely a year old - it was released in U8, which dropped May of last year. Second, getting stuff like Primes has never been "challenging", that implies requiring skill or effort, it takes just as much skill and effort to pull the lever on a slot machine regardless of whether it pays out or not.

It's always solely been a matter of luck and/or paying enough (back then it was simply a matter of buying enough key packs) and everyone knew it. Hell, if anything, it was easier then since the tables weren't as diluted - three Primes, spread across two mission types (Exterminate and Raid) with the original three tiers.

Seriously, just trolling, or genuinely trying to confuse people? Not sure which. :-/

Edited by Taranis49

First, I was here back then.

Second, facts. get them right - Frost Prime's barely a year old - it was released in U8, which dropped May of last year. Second, getting stuff like Primes has never been "challenging", that implies requiring skill or effort, it takes just as much skill and effort to pull the lever on a slot machine regardless of whether it pays out or not.

It's always solely been a matter of luck and/or paying enough (back then it was simply a matter of buying enough key packs) and everyone knew it. Hell, if anything, it was easier then since the tables weren't as diluted - three Primes, spread across two mission types (Exterminate and Raid) with the original three tiers.

Seriously, just trolling, or genuinely trying to confuse people? Not sure which. :-/

Yeah I'm not really up on the facts I was playing it in the Alpha stages but lost interest after a while and only recently got back into it when Hyrdoid came out, I am more of a learn as you type rather than read so my bad if I over exagerated and sounded like a whiney child but the game has taken some serious hits to difficulty because apparently its to hard here and there, all I know I i had the worst luck when it came to trying to ge the parts i needed for Frost P.

Yeah I'm not really up on the facts I was playing it in the Alpha stages but lost interest after a while and only recently got back into it when Hyrdoid came out, I am more of a learn as you type rather than read so my bad if I over exagerated and sounded like a whiney child but the game has taken some serious hits to difficulty because apparently its to hard here and there, all I know I i had the worst luck when it came to trying to ge the parts i needed for Frost P.

Seems a bit odd, that you admit to being absent from the game for a prolonged period of time, and you are "not really up on facts", yet find it appropriate to lash out at players for stating opinions on developments they have played through, during your absence.

This isn't about bad rng making drops difficult. Hell waaay back when I first started, it took a MONTH of farming daily to get my last Rhino drop. This was off of a boss I could run anytime, that required no keys. Bad luck, is bad luck. The gist of this isn't about rng, it was about diluting content across multiple mission types ON TOP of rng, and behind a key grindwall.

There is a pretty significant difference.