Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need More Thrown Melee

Bloody_Canvas

Like just a simple disc that folds up like a fan when sheathed, and basically looks kinda like a death frisby, of a flat circular blade(Tenno made?). It would do a bit more decent damage as a solid circular blade would it was thrown or smashed into someones face. a bit higher then the other thrown melee weapons but with shorter range overall, maybe the shortest. 

Grineer could have 4 spinning heated blades (like other grineer melee weapons) attached to the inside of the ring of a O looking disc that extend when used to attack, and does mostly puncture damage with a small amount of fire.

Corpus design could be more based around radiation damage, leaving the tell tale trail of green fire in its wake. Maybe have a few batteries like on the tetra and supra, or a ball of radioactive energy swirling around on the inside. Could be referenced in the codex as a discarded corpus power thingy, or failed attempt at orokin tech.

Not sure about their individual stats, but they should be stronger then the current thrown melee weapons in damage, but be much shorter ranged. 

Now dual wielding? Mmmmaybe if they were smaller but probably not. Would be way to over-powered or too weak.

I'm up for a throwing spear ONLY IF we have only two of them and can only throw two of them and then have to retrieve them from the dead bodies (for realism's sake). This is a mechanic that'll be used by a future mob as mentioned by DE (Grineer Beastmasters) so I don't see it being impossible or completely out of their way to make a melee weapon that runs out of bullets and you have to pick it up from the dead body.

Right now we only have the glaive/ prime and Kestrel, right?

Someone submitted a really awesome concept for a thrown weapon in the melee weapon contest (2 bladed rings, one in each hand)... Would take some time to find it now.

I was actually quite surprised this concept wasn't chosen. imo, it was the best one out of all.

Let's see if I can find it...

Here it is: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/147661-phase-1-melee-weapon-concept-submissions/?p=1803794

Would be nice to have this.

I'm up for a throwing spear ONLY IF we have only two of them and can only throw two of them and then have to retrieve them from the dead bodies (for realism's sake). This is a mechanic that'll be used by a future mob as mentioned by DE (Grineer Beastmasters) so I don't see it being impossible or completely out of their way to make a melee weapon that runs out of bullets and you have to pick it up from the dead body.

Throwing axes and tomahawks seem like they would fit in that too.

Right now we only have the glaive/ prime and Kestrel, right?

Someone submitted a really awesome concept for a thrown weapon in the melee weapon contest (2 bladed rings, one in each hand)... Would take some time to find it now.

I was actually quite surprised this concept wasn't chosen. imo, it was the best one out of all.

Let's see if I can find it...

Here it is: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/147661-phase-1-melee-weapon-concept-submissions/?p=1803794

Would be nice to have this.

OOOOH those are nice. That be pretty cool to have.