The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Let Me Get This Straight About The Tenno...

Okay, so I don't pay attention to lore and all, but.... some people think there are multiple Tenno, I.E. several hundred Rhino Warframes, several Novas, etc.

Now here's my question(s).

-How many valkyrs does it take to create a Zanuka?

-Why no gender change? They expressed they wish to keep the "individuality" of the warframes, yet, wouldn't this aspect of the lore negate any sort of individuality at all?

-Aren't we essentially just overpowered Grineer, mass produced by farming bosses?

-How is it possible that all Valkyrs end up angry and full of rage instead of curled into a small ball in the corner? It's like saying every soldier commits suicide or that every soldier ends up like the guy in The Hurt Locker.

t_alone_2_8232.jpg

^What I want to do to Valkyr right now.

Well its because all the frames are individuals, in terms of lore there would be only one of each one, but for the sake of game playability this takes a bit of a side step, this does not mean though that if say warframe was not a game and instead a tv series, or a comic series or some other form of media that instead of there being countless of -insert frame a here- there would be one of each, and each one a character. There was only on valkyr, only one ember only one etc (you should get the idea)

Well its because all the frames are individuals, in terms of lore there would be only one of each one, but for the sake of game playability this takes a bit of a side step, this does not mean though that if say warframe was not a game and instead a tv series, or a comic series or some other form of media that instead of there being countless of -insert frame a here- there would be one of each, and each one a character. There was only on valkyr, only one ember only one etc (you should get the idea)

So basically... what they're saying is COMPLETE BULLCRAP.

No there isn't there are many Tenno and many warframes. Warframes are suits, models.

Heck the difference between the Primes and regulars is that the regulars are mass produced. There are multiples of a model of a warframe.

This is more about the nature of the Tenno than anything if you want to question about how two guys have the exact same affliction.

Edited by RahuStalker

So basically... what they're saying is COMPLETE BULLCRAP.

err maybe I didn't explain well enough

currently the game play and lore are separate from each other, there is lore just most of it not released, and in this case lore is more for the sake of trivia fun facts, it doesn't effect the game play, and the game play doesn't effect the lore, lore is simply for those hard core well lore players than it is for generic gamer in this case, you can play the game endlessly with out knowing any lore and it wont effect the quality of the game. If you do go in to looking at the lore you need to take a moment and take the gameplay only as a grain of rice, and instead appreciate that behind the scenes is a detailed thought out world full of history (I use this loosely because as I said we dont know much lore right now but it is obvious they are working towards this goal)

Okay, so I don't pay attention to lore and all, but.... some people think there are multiple Tenno, I.E. several hundred Rhino Warframes, several Novas, etc.

Now here's my question(s).

-How many valkyrs does it take to create a Zanuka?

-Why no gender change? They expressed they wish to keep the "individuality" of the warframes, yet, wouldn't this aspect of the lore negate any sort of individuality at all?

-Aren't we essentially just overpowered Grineer, mass produced by farming bosses?

-How is it possible that all Valkyrs end up angry and full of rage instead of curled into a small ball in the corner? It's like saying every soldier commits suicide or that every soldier ends up like the guy in The Hurt Locker.

t_alone_2_8232.jpg

^What I want to do to Valkyr right now.

Short and sweet we have multiple Tenno, Warframes are just suits and valkyr just channels our energy causing the user to go into a rage

No there isn't there are many Tenno and many warframes. Warframes are suits, models.

Heck the difference between the Primes and regulars is that the regulars are mass produced. There are multiples of a model of a warframe.

This is more about the nature of the Tenno than anything if you want to question about how two guys have the exact same afflictionñ

actually the warframe is just a conduit to channel the abilities of the tenno, of the lore we know, we know the tenno were individuals corrupted by void energy the way the void energy corrupted one person was not the same as it would another, so really there is only one of each, the difference between prime and none prime really is just one is a more pure version of the same suit. (reread the ember codex entry some time)

Short and sweet we have multiple Tenno, Warframes are just suits and valkyr just channels our energy causing the user to go into a rage

Our, as the players energy? What I said is a true fact. Everyone copes with trauma in different ways. You can't expect me to believe all the Valkyr models came out enraged, do you?

we know the tenno were individuals corrupted by void energy

Yeah, but individuals doesn't mean everyone is different. Let me remind you that we saw an Excal die in the Alad V trailer, there shouldn't be any more them in the game if that was the case, would it?

the difference between prime and none prime really is just one is a more pure version of the same suit

No the prime is the orignal version of the suit, the regulars are mass produced. This has been stated before many times.

(reread the ember codex entry some time)

None of the the entires have anything to explicitly back up your claim.

Oh I will like to add, that currently there is not enough lore to really support either side of the argument, so it is very possible that I am wrong, but at the same time it is possible you are wrong, all we can do is wait

Except that we have dev confirmation that are multiple excaliburs, embers, etc. About the rest, of the nature of the tenno, yes it's vague and I can agree with you there. But there are many exemplars of a warframe model, that we know for sure.

Edited by RahuStalker

Yeah, but individuals doesn't mean everyone is different. Let me remind you that we saw an Excal die in the Alad V trailer, there shouldn't be any more them in the game if that was the case, would it?

No the prime is the orignal version of the suit, the regulars are mass produced. This has been stated before many times.

None of the the entires have anything to explicitly back up your claim.

I know they don't, mentioned in the very next post that there is not enough released lore to support either side of the argument, and as for the cut up Excalibur, it could simply of been just they needed a fill in just to to show off what was going to happen to mag, this would explain why instead of using the same Excalibur seen in all other trailers they put on both an alternate helm and skin.

But again there is not really enough evidence to support or deny either argument.

This is more about the nature of the Tenno than anything if you want to question about how two guys have the exact same afflictionñ

I don't think "mass produced" is the best term to use. Sure, there are probably several of each warframe, but I highly doubt there would be over 100 of each. In Valkyr's case, there is probably only one, unless the Tenno reverse engineered the Warframe to create more.

Think about it, if the Tenno truly did have literally an army of Warframes, they could have stormed the HQs of both the Grineer and the Corpus at the same time.

We are one tenno, the frames are copies of the original, all and every valkyr is "angry" becuase thats how the original was, and it worked, so when we copy them the traits stay, because when you copy something its easier to just copy the original as it is, the tenno is one, the frames are copies.

Think about it, if the Tenno truly did have literally an army of Warframes, they could have stormed the HQs of both the Grineer and the Corpus at the same time.

Well we know that the tenno were those who went into the void and survived. So obviously there isn't a humongous population, but there are plenty, given DEs intentions on building up on several branching cultures and such.

I don't think "mass produced" is the best term to use. Sure, there are probably several of each warframe, but I highly doubt there would be over 100 of each. In Valkyr's case, there is probably only one, unless the Tenno reverse engineered the Warframe to create more.

They also would refer to them as "an excalibur, or a hydroid" instead of the way they currently do with terms "he was, or she is"