Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

*suggestion* Pvp And Color Change

Dawgtagz317

I have two quick suggestions, A PvP arena and a change in the currently available colors.

First off, a PvP arena. Just a quick duel, or somthing like that. The reward would be experience and credits (Maybe)

The second thing is the colors. I think that their over-priced, and even after you buy them, they're too dark.

I have two quick suggestions, A PvP arena and a change in the currently available colors.

First off, a PvP arena. Just a quick duel, or somthing like that. The reward would be experience and credits (Maybe)

The second thing is the colors. I think that their over-priced, and even after you buy them, they're too dark.

you didn't get the right colours. palette doesn't reflect the actual colour's appearance on your 'frame. i got a nice/bright/vivid red/yellow out of the storm colour pack. you'll get more vibrant colours if you jack up HDR or HBAO or sth (graphics in general)

as for pvp - if it ain't done right i'd rather there not be one at all.

Edited by xStonedRaveNx

I find the colors to be fine honestly, >_> other than a few whose paint color looks different from the swatch color. It might be a lighting thing though.

as for PvP

Is there PvP in Warframe? (When will there be PvP? Your game is dead without PvP! I have an idea for PvP mode!)

There is no PvP mode in Warframe yet. Face-palm? Sure, but when we started building this game a year ago, we saw plenty of PvP and less PvE. Right we want to focus and do one thing well: PvE. That said we are investing in better leaderboards, clans goals, and other more 'meta' forms of competition right now.

No PVP. At all.

Some people really like PvP. No I mean really like it... maybe even sexually.

Shouldn't we all be given the opportunity to play the game as we enjoy it?

That being said, I am not the biggest fan of PvP but I do recognize its significance to a large demographic of players. As log as I don't feel required to participate in PvP. E.G., it is the only way to get the awesome gear or I have to do PvP missions in order to advance (the second one really annoys me.)

An arena for Team Deathmatch or Free for all would be adequate but maybe we can take it a step further...

A common thing I've been reading is that people don't think the Co-op mode is hard enough. Well what if you had a rouge warframe or two go against a normal four player team. Tenno vs Rouges & NPC mobs. I think that would prove to be quite a good challenge. And no AI logic tree will ever EVER offer the same challenge as another player.

Some people really like PvP. No I mean really like it... maybe even sexually.

Shouldn't we all be given the opportunity to play the game as we enjoy it?

That being said, I am not the biggest fan of PvP but I do recognize its significance to a large demographic of players. As log as I don't feel required to participate in PvP. E.G., it is the only way to get the awesome gear or I have to do PvP missions in order to advance (the second one really annoys me.)

An arena for Team Deathmatch or Free for all would be adequate but maybe we can take it a step further...

A common thing I've been reading is that people don't think the Co-op mode is hard enough. Well what if you had a rouge warframe or two go against a normal four player team. Tenno vs Rouges & NPC mobs. I think that would prove to be quite a good challenge. And no AI logic tree will ever EVER offer the same challenge as another player.

Its not about the opportunity, its about the game and what it meant to be. This game was created as PVE game. Its simply not made for PVP. The complete skill thing is meant for AI, not humans. People want to change this game into something it is not. I do understand the wish for PVP. Something easy like a Dojo fight 1vs1 would be completely awesome. But people want to change this game into something it is not.....

Edited by Venarge

Its not about the opportunity, its about the game and what I meant to be. This game was created as PVE game. Its simply not made for PVP. The complete skill thing is meant for AI, not humans. People want to change this game into something it is not. I do understand the wish for PVP. Something easy like a Dojo fight 1vs1 would be completely awesome. But people want to change this game into something it is not.....

DE has stated interest in PvP duels a la Borderlands 2 in the last livestream, so PvP isn't that far off. Something like playing as a Stalker would be a lot of fun though imo.

DE has stated interest in PvP duels a la Borderlands 2 in the last livestream, so PvP isn't that far off. Something like playing as a Stalker would be a lot of fun though imo.

Yeah they stated their interest. Thats true. But thats because of the unlimited amount of annoying pvp threads here. They made it clear in the faq that they made this game as PVE. A little duel in a dojo would be cool and all. But thats it. we dont need Capture the flag TDM and all that other PVP stuff....

Pvp will require complete rebalance on skills / weapons, and it wont work..the game mechanics are not made for PvP

It didnt work for Mass effect 3 Mp, or GoW or L4D...the game is better as is.

Edited by Oranjeboom

Pvp will require complete rebalance on skills / weapons, and it wont work..the game mechanics are not made for PvP

It didnt work for Mass effect 3 Mp, or GoW or L4D...the game is better as is.

I see it the same way. Not every game does need PVP.

PVP will require rebalancing of everything and will turn this game into yet another generic game that "It needs competitive multiplayer".

Why does everything now need to be about boasting how much better you are at something? Why is it that you simply can't play cooperatively?

There is even PVP in minecraft for goodness sake!

No, unless its a tiny little dojo used to teach your friends or just mess around or a deathmatch arena with no skills, default weapons and no rewards.

PVP will require rebalancing of everything and will turn this game into yet another generic game that "It needs competitive multiplayer".

Why does everything now need to be about boasting how much better you are at something? Why is it that you simply can't play cooperatively?

There is even PVP in minecraft for goodness sake!

No, unless its a tiny little dojo used to teach your friends or just mess around or a deathmatch arena with no skills, default weapons and no rewards.

I'm up for PVP. Not one of those "IT MUST BE NOW" kind of guy. DE will get it done when they get to it.

As for the Minecraft PvP, that's why there are still people playing - if there wasn't PvP it would be a bit boring.

Who finds it fun to do things alone by themselves? #forever alone#

But my main concern isn't PvP it's the lag and connection issues. As long as they get that fixed im happy =]

PvP will bring a huge problem

1. unbalance power can lead to big arguement and people will start calling noob for using OP warframe/weapon etc

2. the community will change (example: there going to be a lot of thread about this guy doing this and that )

3. more work for the DE ( can cause headache which can lead to bad decision etc )

4. may lead to more hacking attempt and hackcusation

5. etc

Its not about the opportunity, its about the game and what it meant to be. This game was created as PVE game. Its simply not made for PVP...

Do you have a source for this? I'm not putting you on the spot or anything I just have not read it yet.

If it is part of the original game design then they should keep with it but you can't say my previous post has no merit if otherwise. Letting people play the way they want to inside of the rules is one of the paramount game design rules. E.G., the play style differences allotted for the rhino and the loki.

PvP does cause a lot of headaches for the dev team. The word "balancing" comes to mind a lot.

Do you have a source for this? I'm not putting you on the spot or anything I just have not read it yet.

from the faqs :D

"Is there PvP in Warframe? (When will there be PvP? Your game is dead without PvP! I have an idea for PvP mode!)

There is no PvP mode in Warframe yet. Face-palm? Sure, but when we started building this game a year ago, we saw plenty of PvP and less PvE. Right we want to focus and do one thing well: PvE"

The problem is that you cant balance skills that arent even made for PVP. They are all made for AI without a cooldown. Implementing PVP would mean to completely create a cooldown that is balanced between all other skills to not simply spam a combo of all you aoe to kill someone. They are just not made for PVP.

Edited by Venarge

I spent a while thinking about this after reading the comments, there would be a dojo duel, a tdm, and free for all. There would be two different settings, one where you can use your own warframe, and one where you get a random default one

This is also really an idea for one of the last things implemented, or even implemented after beta has passed

Edited by Dawgtagz317