Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heat "weapon" Slam Proc's

jofdeath

Question

Ever since my early days of warframe having one of the heat melee weapons with slam spaming procing everything that even came close to you always amusing and such, but one thing that pleged me since ive bin using it is the inconsistency in the damage that ive bin getting out of it.

I finally decided to do some testing on lvl 1 grineer. i was getting dmg inbetween 4-46 on the inital proc hit and sometimes getting half of the damage of the inital proc per tick or the full inital proc per tick. now even adding in the defence differences between the different grineer, it still always hit with in that 4-46 difference and its effected by it to some degree, like that 4 dmg i got was doing 1 procs which means it was doing half and then defence formula.

I thought that the damage was distance based from such till i got that 4 smake dap in front of the enemy....

As for what i was using for the builds for the damages, i was only hiting over 40's without any mods on, with dmg mods only seam to effect how often i hit higher.

So dose anyone seam to know how the dmg even works?

3 answers to this question

^ article on melee, im assuming your using heat dagger?  as thats supposedly got the best chance to proc heat effect from jump attacks.

quick quote

There are two damages dealt by jump attacks:

Direct contact to an enemy will deal a slightly higher damage, normally with the damage type of the weapons base attack.

Radial damage will deal a secondary damage type and slightly less damage, but the said damage type will often have a secondary effect (knockdown, stagger, etc.).

Attributes:

Jump Dmg Type: Impact damage type

Jump Damage: Impact damage (direct contact with mob)

Slam Damage Type: Radial Damage type

Slam Damage: Radial Damage

Slam Radius: Radial size.

Edited by Methanoid

^ article on melee, im assuming your using heat dagger?  as thats supposedly got the best chance to proc heat effect from jump attacks.

quick quote

/sigh im not talking about the using the heat wave, im talking about the damage in regrades to it, its so inconsistent, all im talking about is specifically how even know using the heat procs there seams to be no way to actually effect how much you do and so on