Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, When Are You Going To Start Looking Over The Mods?

TwiceDead

If you're not going to change the system entirely that is, but I highly doubt that'll happen.

Now look at these three, what's wrong with them?

MVXGpxh.jpgWarframe0000.jpg

Then there's Voltaic Strike, which maxes out at 60% Extra Electrical Damage in addition to the extra 60% status chance and only costs 7 to equip. 

250px-VoltaicStrike_Unranked.png

Many more mods suffer from redundancy. You need to start looking over these and tweak em' a bit. 

Edited by TwiceDead

I doubt this happening. It should have happened in December, and if it hasn't yet even been looked at, I doubt it happening for U14. Sorry for being so sore about this, but I'm sick and tired of redundant and stupidly balanced mods.

You make it sound like redundancy is a bad thing.

EDIT: For clarity sake: I rather like being able to stack 3 different electric damage mods on my melee weapon if I so choose. There's no reason I shouldn't be able to.

Edited by Llyssa

EDIT: For clarity sake: I rather like being able to stack 3 different electric damage mods on my melee weapon if I so choose. There's no reason I shouldn't be able to.

^ Exactly This.

If you only want to stack one element mod in, clearly go for focus energy. But we all know that to get the most of of the mods, you need to stack multiples, and if you want to do that, you need redundancy in the mod system to make it work.

They have addressed this in a devstream quite some time ago. The official response was: Sure, why not.

IT'S A FIX THAT TAKES 10 MINUTES.

That long? 

Hell in all the mod tools Bethesda provide you with, all you need to do is open a file, which takes around 1 minute or so, then you alter a number which takes 5 seconds, save & quit which takes another 5 seconds, and you're done. 

I guess if you count rolling out the patch then yeah it might take 10 minutes. 

I am not okay with Redundancy, especially since the treatment is not equal across the board for the other elements.

Look at North Wind, it's a single mod that only adds 60% Ice Damage with the same cost as Shocking Touch. Strangely enough both Shotguns and Rifle's get 90%, pistol get's 60% but it also get's Ice Storm, so your theory still applies there since you can stack it up to 100% ice damage for side-arms. Yet there's only one Ice melee mod? So the highest amount of Ice damage you can get is 60% of your weapons base damage. 

Now look at Fever Strike. Not only is it superior to Shocking Touch with it's additional 90% damage compared to ST's 60%, but it also get's Virolent Scourge, which is another 60%. Already there's a reason to use Fever Strike over Virolent Scourge, unlike with Shocking Touch and Voltaic Strike. 

Then there's Molten Impact with it's 90%, and no other additional mods. 

Actually Fire in general, as Rifle's get both 90% and Wildfire which is another 60%, already surpassing Side-arms and their ice-bonus of 100% at most with 150% fire damage. Same goes for Shotguns, who also get 150% with additional base damage to boot. 

See where I am going with this? The numbers are all over the place! 

Edited by TwiceDead

That long? 

Hell in all the mod tools Bethesda provide you with, all you need to do is open a file, which takes around 1 minute or so, then you alter a number which takes 5 seconds, save & quit which takes another 5 seconds, and you're done. 

I guess if you count rolling out the patch then yeah it might take 10 minutes. 

If you were only changing one mod sure. But think about it, How many different mods are there? Each one needs to be looked at and tested to see if it has any unintended effects.

Remember the Fiasco over Rage and Quick Thinking? They deliberated over those mods for almost 4 months before letting them out, and they STILL had to be nerfed hardcore to keep them from being GodMode. So really, this is a matter of Weeks, if not months, to even check all the interractions between the mods. They could tweak ONE mod pretty quick, but we aren't talking about One mod here.

If you were only changing one mod sure. But think about it, How many different mods are there? Each one needs to be looked at and tested to see if it has any unintended effects.

Remember the Fiasco over Rage and Quick Thinking? They deliberated over those mods for almost 4 months before letting them out, and they STILL had to be nerfed hardcore to keep them from being GodMode. So really, this is a matter of Weeks, if not months, to even check all the interractions between the mods. They could tweak ONE mod pretty quick, but we aren't talking about One mod here.

If a mod weren't already existing, then I could see it needing testing. If you're changing a certain mechanic, sure it needs to be tested.

However you are not changing a mechanic, the mechanics are still there, you are only changing a number. It's the most basic thing you can possibly do when it comes to altering content. I have done this a zillion @(*()$ times on existing mods for Oblivion, Fallout 3 - NV and Skyrim. Opened a file, found the item I wanted to change, opened the item's stat page, changed a number. Unless DE made their engine needlessly complex to edit any numbers in, I don't see them spending any more time altering numbers on existing content. 

Rage and Quick Thinking needed to have their mechanics looked at, it was not a simple number's change. 

You are in the most literal sense possible, only changing a number. If changing that number also fucks up the mods mechanic, then You Done #*($%%@ Up COMPLETELY and DE needs to look at their entire engine over again. 

I know a number will change a mechanic if that number is tied to a specific mechanic, such as move-speed. In this case, it's only numbers that have the potential to remove numbers tied to health.  

Edited by TwiceDead

Theres no need for a fix on this. Shocking Touch is a uncommon mod, the other two are rare mods. Focus Energy is a nightmare mod, so it wont drop too much. Voltaic Strike is a event mod, and even if its now dropping from Vor on T4 it will still be rare due to the RNG wall thats in place there. 

Theres no need for a fix on this. Shocking Touch is a uncommon mod, the other two are rare mods. Focus Energy is a nightmare mod, so it wont drop too much. Voltaic Strike is a event mod, and even if its now dropping from Vor on T4 it will still be rare due to the RNG wall thats in place there. 

I agree with this, the higher tier mods should be better in some ways. 

Again, this would actually have some sort of weight and significance or meaning behind it...

If this wasn't the case:

http://goo.gl/zLAhRf

Look at the mods in the upper row, now compare them to the ones in the bottom row. 

If you didn't bother clicking the link: 

Molten Impact - Uncommon - 90% Fire Damage

Fever Strike - Uncommon - 90% Toxic Damage

North Wind - Uncommon - 60% Ice Damage

Shocking Touch - Uncommon - 60% Electric Damage

Do I need to point out the flaw in your argument for no fix necessary

It's gonna happen eventually.  In the meantime be happy you can get more than 150% bonus Electric damage on your melee when you use all 3 mods.  (Most of the time Electric damage mods are only used to create Radiation or Corrosive anyway.)

Edited by RealPandemonium

See where I am going with this?

We need more mods? Yes. I totally agree. More mods for all!

If that's not what you meant, no, I'm sorry, please try again, without comparing apples to oranges and going "why are the apples not citrusy?"

We need more mods? Yes. I totally agree. More mods for all!

If that's not what you meant, no, I'm sorry, please try again, without comparing apples to oranges and going "why are the apples not citrusy?"

i think he meant why was the thunder mod for melee only gave 60% ?

the other 2 mod, due to because they have thunder and an extra buff, the thunder damage must be 60%, but why is the thunder mod for melee only have 60% ?

Keep in mind that the disparate treatment for the ice and electric mods is because in the Damage 1.0 system they always procced, making them immensely useful CC.  Same with the status chance mods, which used to confer a chance to stun on top of whatever CC you already had.  It's definitely an oversight but it's not high on DE's priority list, it seems.  I wish we had more transparency so as to be able to see why and how issues are addressed by the developers and QA team. 

There needs to be a balance pass on a lot of mods. Between mods like Anti-Toxin, Split Chamber and Shocking touch having odd numbers compared to what would actually be helpful, it's a little disconcerting. Our damage mods should be pretty similar in strength across the board. Split Chamber should give at least 100% multishot, if not 120% like pistols. I personally think that Point Blank could use either a buff or more upgrade ticks. (90% damage? Really? Even with Blaze you max out at 120% while Pistols get a 200%+ damage boost and Rifles are near that number as well.)

I really get the point that Shocking Touch is kind of silly when you look at other mods that cost less for the same amount of damage and then some. It needs to be buffed. 

II personally think that Point Blank could use either a buff or more upgrade ticks. (90% damage? Really? Even with Blaze you max out at 120% while Pistols get a 200%+ damage boost and Rifles are near that number as well.)

Have you ever used a maxed out shotgun?  They are not wanting for damage. 

Have you ever used a maxed out shotgun?  They are not wanting for damage. 

Shotguns should be high risk, high reward. In most games, they are not. Warframe is similar. but my statement still stands. They have a paltry damage increase compared to rifles and pistols which shoot ACROSS ROOMS and rifles and pistols generally have more fire rate. Shotguns, while fun and still viable, aren't really all that high reward. They're still fun. I still enjoy them. But most of the time, you're just better off bringing a decent rifle to a fight rather than having to get close to a heavy gunner and still need to shoot them 2-5 times before they drop (depending on weapon and enemy level.)

Edited by Drakontis