Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Earn Free Platinum![Guide]

Mirriky

Question

Well guess what?

YOU CAN! (yay)

There are now 3 official ways you can get platinum without spending any of your (or your parents) money, 2 are largely luck/RNG based (if you are surprised by this you have not been playing long enough) and the other is... well I guess more RNG in a way but more gameplay involved too.

"I want to get platinum for playing the game/completing tasks"

Method 1: TRADING

Run void missions, collect loot, sell maxed out or drop-rate-rare mods (you will have more luck with things like Rage rather than Streamline), jump into the trading chat/forums and see if anyone is looking for what you have!

This may not be instant cash, but it's enough to buy you a few more warframe/weapon slots and by far the easiest way to make money.

Here is a good site to check prices of items you want to buy/sell - http://wftrading.net/

"They should put platinum in the login rewards"

Method 2: They did

This is pure luck and doesn't give out much, but it is there.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/239185-luckiest-day-of-my-warframe-career-since-pre-u4/

"I can't think of a quote for this one so I'll pretend someone said this"

Method 3: Giveaways

Possibly the biggest payout you can get, but hard to hit.

Note: Platinum earnt this way is unable to be traded and can only be used in the market. (Thanks GNAAHH)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/132826-trading-guidefaq/ 

5) PLATINUM. Only Platinum that you have purchased will be eligible for trade. There is no minimum/maximum amount of Platinum you can trade. Your starting 50 Platinum cannot be traded, and moving forward, any Platinum you are rewarded (contests/livestreams, promotions, etc) will not be eligible for trade. Platinum that you obtain through trading is considered "purchased".

There are 3 sub categories here.

1. Dev-streams: Every Dev-stream and Prime Time on twitch Rebecca does a roll of the die and one lucky winner gets 1000 Platinum, they do this a ~3-4 times per stream. (thanks ReiganCross for confirming)

2. Competitions: DE likes to hold community events every now and then to see what we are all capable of. Stretching from pumpkin carving all the way to short stories and poems.

3. Twitter: Every now and then DE will post a key for 1000 platinum with the missing letter hidden told in a very simple question. You have to be fast on this one, but it is possible to win.

Additional ways to earn Platinum: (by Tulzscha)

Method 4: Community Competitions

Joining fan-sponsored contests in the Fan Zone subforum - "I've seen a lot of those that give substantial platinum rewards." -Tulzscha

Method 5: Clan Prizes
Being in an active clan that has contests for platinum prizes

---------

So, there are multiple ways to acquire free platinum, and if you want more, there are always coupons in the login rewards (I have received the 50% off a few times in the near year I have been playing, still yet to see a 75%)

Given how this is the main income for DE, I think it is quite generous.

I hope this helped, and good hunting!

Edited by cam-o-flage20
  • Like 1

So, there are multiple ways to acquire free platinum, and if you want more, there are always coupons in the login rewards (I have received the 50% off a few times in the near year I have been playing, still yet to see a 75%)

I got that 2 days ago (75% off)

Edited by Buckley007

There's one best way to get platinum. And it's actually the most healthy and vital for warframe. It's to simply not be cheap and buy some. Warframe is not perfect by any means but it is a great game. Better than destiny in my opinion. And a great game should get what it deserves.. I wouldn't dream of recieving a halo game for free and if I did I'd be alittle disappointed. These people work and have worked hard on this game. And until I pay retail value in this game it isn't payed for. ($60). The developers need that money to keep up the content. The game was free so there shouldn't be any reason not to spend some of that money you just saved. I've spent maybe $15 and have all I want and will spend more if see fit. I'm not bashing this post nor am I bashing anyone. Just showing support for the game and developers. People wouldn't have to shoot for all of these crazy lottery chances if they would show there support for the game and it's developers.

You can get anything you want if you come off alittle cash. That Loki prime you just payed $10 for could be going into the next big update or who knows. Maybe on someone's dinner table to feed their kids.

It's to simply not be cheap and buy some.

Some people don't have that luxury, or don't feel like the money-to-platinum ratio is worth paying for.

This is a guide for those people so they aren't yelled at on the forums, usually for suggesting an idea that is actually in place (login rewards)

This is coming from someone who does support the game (see the founder emblem), and I understand why others may be reluctant to spend a large amount lot of real money for a small amount of in-game money.

Edited by cam-o-flage20

Well, since log in rewards aren't that common, could someone help me with trading? I have a couple of rare mods, nightmare, and corrupted mods but I'm not exactly sure how I should trade them and what price to put them at. What would be a reasonable price for rare/nightmare/corrupted mods/r5 cores?

Well, since log in rewards aren't that common, could someone help me with trading? I have a couple of rare mods, nightmare, and corrupted mods but I'm not exactly sure how I should trade them and what price to put them at. What would be a reasonable price for rare/nightmare/corrupted mods/r5 cores?

This website might help you for pricing. Adding it to the original post

http://wftrading.net/

Treat WFTrade as a very rough guide only. Something to give you at least an idea of where to start.

But what you really need to do before selling stuff is to sit in Trade chat and just observe. For hours. I know it can be totally boring but it's the only way. You need to see what prices are usually being offered. You need to see what items people are most often seeking. You need to be able to recognise an insanely good deal when you see it.

WFTrade gets some things very wrong (although, it's also possible to take advantage of this). For instance it lists Loki Systems as around 30-40p. I can tell you right now that if you offered Loki Systems for 40p I would buy that right away and then sell it for 70p. Then it lists a bunch of Vasto Prime parts for 30-40p. I don't think I've seen even one person looking for Vasto Prime parts in the last week.

Treat WFTrade as a very rough guide only. Something to give you at least an idea of where to start.

But what you really need to do before selling stuff is to sit in Trade chat and just observe. For hours. I know it can be totally boring but it's the only way. You need to see what prices are usually being offered. You need to see what items people are most often seeking. You need to be able to recognise an insanely good deal when you see it.

WFTrade gets some things very wrong (although, it's also possible to take advantage of this). For instance it lists Loki Systems as around 30-40p. I can tell you right now that if you offered Loki Systems for 40p I would buy that right away and then sell it for 70p. Then it lists a bunch of Vasto Prime parts for 30-40p. I don't think I've seen even one person looking for Vasto Prime parts in the last week.

vasto prime parts I do not think anybody was EVER looking for It

also I would buy your loki systems for 70 pl and sell for 100

Have only just started Warframe and already know it is going to be a good fit for me, have not looked at buying plat yet, and do not know how much plat would really be needed for a new player....  But once i get a 50-75% discount i will do 1 large buy and that will be my payment for the game.  Any thoughts on what is a decent amount of plat??? Am more than happy to farm and buy blueprints, don't want to end up with 1000's if only need a few hundred.

And as for the loki systems i would not buy as i have no idea what everyone is talking about

I'd invest in 1000 plat at least.

Even if you don't mind farming, you're going to be buying warframe and weapon slots, orokin reactors and catalysts, perhaps a color palette, a few hard to find mods... there's plenty of stuff that's much easier with a bit of a plat investment, even if you're not spending it on maxrank mods or rare prime parts.

Also, try to find a good clan and see if there's a member or two that will outfit you with the basic mods for free. There's stuff like the basic elemental mods, the dual-stat poison mods, the basic damage increase mods and other mods that can be a pain to collect but older players will have by the dozen that you can probably get for free in a clan where you'd be spending 2-3 plat apiece on the trading channel.