Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event Help

Etsoree

Question

12 answers to this question

The more missions you do the higher your total becomes. The higher your total the more points you get.

However, the points you get are determined by the person who has the lowest total in the squad (as far as I can tell anyway). If you run with people with higher totals youll get more points. Run wtih people with lower totals and youll get less points.

Imo, its a good way to deal with leechers.

Edited by Dtexas

hacking stuff will increase your points. also if you're playing with randoms, I would suggest you head to the recruiting channel and look for people who have the same amount of points as you. from my understanding if you play with people who have less points then you. your "best" score wont go up.

The more missions you do the higher your total becomes. The higher your total the more points you get.

However, the points you get are determined by the person who has the lowest total in the squad (as far as I can tell anyway). If you run with people with higher totals youll get more points. Run wtih people with lower totals and youll get less points.

Imo, its a good way to deal with leechers.

Yes but if I run solo, points should get higher every mission, right? Why am I still getting 14 after 5 runs?

Randoms, not random's, but yes.

There's your problem.

You probably have a score accumulator well above 20 points (more runs = higher score accumulator for you), however you're being paired with players who have much lower score accumulators, resulting in the accumulators being averaged out to a low-ish number.

Run solo or private, and you'll find that you have a much higher score per run; the more you run it the higher the per-mission score will get... however keep in mind that the enemies will get harder the more you run it. It takes approximately 19~20 solo runs to bring your score accumulator up to 48 or so.

Yes but if I run solo, points should get higher every mission, right? Why am I still getting 14 after 5 runs?

This is because each run will raise your accumulator by about 2 points. Players start at roughly 5~7 as a base starting point, so after 5 runs you should be in the 14~17 range.

If you were playing with randoms for your first few runs you were probably getting the "average" score between all players, rather than your own which was probably much lower.

Randoms, not random's, but yes.

Meh auto correct lied to me then.

But yes the score is based on how many mission each player has run so you have probably been running into random players who have done less missions than you thus your point not seeming to go up.

There's your problem.

You probably have a score accumulator well above 20 points (more runs = higher score accumulator for you), however you're being paired with players who have much lower score accumulators, resulting in the accumulators being averaged out to a low-ish number.

Run solo or private, and you'll find that you have a much higher score per run; the more you run it the higher the per-mission score will get... however keep in mind that the enemies will get harder the more you run it. It takes approximately 19-20 solo runs to bring your score accumulator up to 48 or so.

So just to double check this: my points are at I think 108, but my max is 20.

If I run solo missions, my max will go up very slowly VS my overall will go up "faster".

Point total for the end of the mission, if it's not a solo, is based on the lowest person's points in the mission.

Infested get "harder" the higher the points are, though, no matter which way.

Point total for the end of the mission, if it's not a solo, is based on the lowest person's points in the mission.

Infested get "harder" the higher the points are, though, no matter which way.

Actually, I'm fairly certain it's an average. I did my first run with a group and got 17 points in my first run, but when I ran solo I only got 9 points, indicating that my accumulator was probably around 5~7 for the first run. This indicated to me that the mission score is an average of all players' accumulators (current per-run score).

For the infested getting harder, the level of infested and type of hive nodes that spawn is dependent on the average accumulator score between all players (i.e. a player with accumulator score of 40 paired with 1 other player with accumulator of 20 results in an average round score of 30; after that round completes the accumulators increment for both players to 42 and 22, resulting in the new average score being 32 if both players keep playing as a team).

This is because each run will raise your accumulator by about 2 points. Players start at roughly 5~7 as a base starting point, so after 5 runs you should be in the 14~17 range.

If you were playing with randoms for your first few runs you were probably getting the "average" score between all players, rather than your own which was probably much lower.

Thanks man, well explained.