Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Breeding Grounds Points - How To Get Prova Vandal

Rutell

Question

http://imgur.com/or82USl

this is a table depicting the runs I did in the event (yes it was solo, that's your best bet to finish this fast as other ppl slow you down. *(yellow columns are hives that have been completed multiple times (by order) green is completed once and red is where a new type of node appeared)

so if I do not destroy them in order I will be stuck with the same difficulty?

yes, theoreticaly

I thought you just keep playing and as the missions get harder, the more points you get. 

...those are my points so far.

thought that too but please see http://imgur.com/or82USl

that's what i got

The simpler way to think of it is that you need to get a Gas, Magnetic, and Cold hive, and have a total score of more than 400 average per person on the team. I'm unsure if dying or failing to reach extract with the rest of the team affects the score.

In order to get G/M/C hives to spawn you need to have a decently high score (you can get them before 400 tho).

Edited by Darzk

There is some RNG involved (when isn't there?) but eventually your average score will be high enough to go over 48. Took me 4 hours running with the same squad of 4, but eventually we got it.

tl;dr answer: Just keep playing over and over.

So how do you know wish one is 1st, 2nd and 3rd, is it in the way you run or is it random?

The way you destroy them if you destroy the gas hive first then it is first and if you destroy it last its 3rd .... i don't quite get your question

I thought you just keep playing and as the missions get harder, the more points you get. 

...those are my points so far.

I kept increasing too. Only did solo runs so I wouldn't have anyone "dragging me down".

Made it up to 41, then my next run was at 39, then my next 45, then my next 43, then my last was 49.

So it starts to wobble up and down, but if you keep doing them you'll definitely get there eventually, because as you complete more, the difficulty will increase, and even if you do them "in the wrong order" you'll still get more points than you need because of the difficulty.

I played these to get Prova Vandal with 2 friends that aren't as active as they were before.  We all had allot of fun doing them.  A bit grind-ey, but a good kind of grind.

It *was* a bit grindy, but I still managed to do it on the first day. I was really afraid when I first heard about it that it would be Gravidus MK2. Plus, IMO that's better than Tethra where you did one run and were done X_X

This point system seems pretty broken. I've killed tumors in all sorts of patterns, solo, multi, 2 players, etc. and combining this complete randomness (maxing out at 38 points). I'm starting to think the points are where the RNG comes in to play... 

Run it solo. Run with the flow of the map.

Somewhere around 400 total points, you'll get your 48 best run. A few dozen runs total perhaps--solo.

I only ran a random group once and it illustrated very clearly that you'd better do this on your own if you wanted to complete the event in any sort of timely matter.