Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Space Dogs =/= Space Ninjas

grillv20

Who actually thinks that having a dog follow you around fits an actual space themed game? I can't be the only one that thinks this is just plain silly and ridiculous.

HOW IS A DOG GOING TO SURVIVE IN THE VACUUM OF SPACE WITHOUT JUST OUT-RIGHT DYING? yeah this is going to happen. imagine going into these new infested maps and just having your pet dog go? "screw outer-space im a space dog." 

im going to guess that they train their dogs to survive space for a bit.

And ninja with dogs is an old thing, this is probably why it was added just like when they added scarves.

Where in the lore does it say that they had pet dogs a long time ago? Or is this some new crap they invented recently so they can have dogs in the game.

Oh no! They added something new to a game! Those bastards! -.-

It's funny that people find grenade launchers, rocket launchers, HMGs, and laser guns to be ok for space ninjas, but when it comes to man's oldest companion...

All of this ^

I think we're pretty far from 'ninja's' 

I have yet to see warframe become ninja-esque in the slightest.

I don't mean to offend anyone thinking otherwise, Sure there's a few weapons that become closely related to ninja loadouts. But where's the play style, The AI is whacky to deal with in most stealth scenario's. And lets put one thing straight here. A ninja game doesn't have to be stealth. Ninja's can be full on warriors, We just need a LOT more mobility.

Kubros are perhaps a little too overzealous here. as much as it is fun having a lil guy follow you around i doubt they will be anything significantly helpful to go through the process of getting one, raising one and training one, so i'll probably stick with my ghost either way.

But really, when are we ever in the vacuum of space except for like a fraction of a second? End of missions? We're in the ship. In Corpus vs Grineer invasions? There's a ton of maskless grineer running around in the void, so it's probably not an utter vacuum.

During extraction, we're still exposed to open space; the port the frame fits into doesn't actually close, atleast not fully (and it's not big enough to accomodate both the frame and the mutt anyway).

As noted, there's the new Infested ships to boot. A significant chunk of those are exposed to space.

a ninja is a covert agent in feudal japan he has to be stealth

That's not completely true - some clans did actually hold castles and took part in sieges and the like, as either the besieged or the besieger, including as distractions (i.e. making every effort to draw the enemy's attention) so as to aid a friendly army. They didn't subscribe to cookie-cutter builds :-P

Edited by Taranis49

Yah... http://www.badicalextreme.com/archive/us/other/galford/galford3.jpg Ninjas and Dogs have never had a history in fiction of working together...

I mean... it's not like actual ninjas from reality weren't known for using animals to trick people into thinking the person they were chasing suddenly turned into an animal and escaped... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja

Turning off the snark here... no, I personally find no reason to think a ninja and a dog/kubrow can't work together.

NOW... if you want to talk about logistics and how things will get a bit weird, I'm all for that. For instance, when we do a space-extraction through our little stealth ship, and we clip onto the side of it... where does our Kubrow buddy go? Does he too leap into space? Without the protection of a suit, shield or the like? So the Kubrow just... dies then?

With a sentinel, they were robots or whatever Sentinels are... but Kubrows are unaugmented by technology, give or take some genetic tweaks... they can't survive the vacuum of space... but a sentinel could.

So yes, in that regard, I'm on board. But don't go acting like the idea of ninjas and animals is a weird and new thing for fiction, let ALONE video games... hell, a whole lotta ninja games have animal companions in them.

Warframe logic...not Real life logic....-1

I would have prefeard the kubrows to be like Zanuka (warframe'esk creatures and not simple beasts).

Kubrows who survived in the forgotten ships in the void and got mutated (just like the Prime Warframes) being engineered and mutated to become fierce and survivable enough to survive along the Tenno,

HOWEVER with the direction DE has gone i will probably just in my mind say that it is a cool pet that i keep in my ship, he and my Shade can play hide-and-seek while i and the deathcube are out EXTERMINATING all non-Tenno life in the galaxy.

If i have to bring him along on a T4 run because of higher stats then so be it but we all have to do some mental gymnastics to get the Warframe universe to make sense to us.

Edited by The66Monkey

Who actually thinks that having a dog follow you around fits an actual space themed game? I can't be the only one that thinks this is just plain silly and ridiculous.

HOW IS A DOG GOING TO SURVIVE IN THE VACUUM OF SPACE WITHOUT JUST OUT-RIGHT DYING? yeah this is going to happen. imagine going into these new infested maps and just having your pet dog go? "screw outer-space im a space dog." 

This.

Power armor, space mercenaries/ninjas, all of this sci-fi stuff and then...dogs?  What?

This.

Power armor, space mercenaries/ninjas, all of this sci-fi stuff and then...dogs?  What?

I stopped asking questions about what makes sense when I noticed that even the starved-looking feral dogs on Earth have twice the armor and three times the health of a Lancer.

Not that I disagree with the overall point. :-P

Edited by Taranis49