Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"the Sword Alone" Is A Lie!

blackstraykitten

All weapons have advantages and disadvantages is the point you missed. 

You are supposed to use all three to combat the enemy.

Melee being useful to 90% of the enemies in the game does turn anything into lie.

Stop being goofy about the name of an update, the game does not need to be balanced around one type of combat.

I find fault with your logic.

If all three were required, then there would be no option to take no weapon in any of the slots.  Currently the option is there.  I also do remember reading somewhere that melee only was supposed to be an option (and no, unfortunately I can't remember where I read it).  An inability to hit flying enemies makes this untrue.

On the bright side, I agree that all weapons have advantages and disadvantages.  :)

All weapons have advantages and disadvantages is the point you missed. 

You are supposed to use all three to combat the enemy.

Melee being useful to 90% of the enemies in the game does turn anything into lie.

Stop being goofy about the name of an update, the game does not need to be balanced around one type of combat.

if you have to use all 3 all the time then again it means that melee only is not a viable option

Next thing you know they'll be asking for sniper swords, rifle swords, shotgun swords and akogris prime-vandal-wraith swords.

On topic: a sword is... a sword. It's not meant to "shoot" things in mid air.

worst idea ive seen so far

ty for the laughs :D

Next thing you know they'll be asking for sniper swords, rifle swords, shotgun swords and akogris prime-vandal-wraith swords.

On topic: a sword is... a sword. It's not meant to "shoot" things in mid air.

Sniper Sword = Glaive (snipe enemies at long distance)

Shotgun Sword = Orthos (hit all close range enemies in a wide area)

Akoris Sword = Dragon Nikana (Destroys most everything in one or two hits, and effects a wide arc)

:)

I find fault with your logic.

If all three were required, then there would be no option to take no weapon in any of the slots.  Currently the option is there.  I also do remember reading somewhere that melee only was supposed to be an option (and no, unfortunately I can't remember where I read it).  An inability to hit flying enemies makes this untrue.

On the bright side, I agree that all weapons have advantages and disadvantages.  :)

if you have to use all 3 all the time then again it means that melee only is not a viable option

I didnt say anything about anything being required.

You are supposed to used all three because with all three options cover different situations. If you choose to take away some of those options you will, of course, start hindering yourself. When you do that you need to pay attention to what can and cannot be done. You cant simply go in randomly and think everything is going to be alright. If you are going to main melee and not bring anything else it would be beneficial if you use a frame that can an ability that can take down fliers if your weapon doesnt have a combo that can hit enemies.

I didnt say anything about anything being required.

You are supposed to used all three because with all three options cover different situations. If you choose to take away some of those options you will, of course, start hindering yourself. When you do that you need to pay attention to what can and cannot be done. You cant simply go in randomly and think everything is going to be alright. If you are going to main melee and not bring anything else it would be beneficial if you use a frame that can an ability that can take down fliers if your weapon doesnt have a combo that can hit enemies.

ok then

if you cant use melee only then it means melee only is not viable which is the point of this thread

So many problems could be solved if we could just slash at a 45 degree angle upwards, and even downwards.

Finisher moves might get in the way of the latter, but finisher moves are kinda crap anyways and I wouldn't miss them at all if they were removed so I could safely swing downwards near downed enemies.

The current jump attacks can also go &!$$ off.  Even the AoE effects some of them randomly have.  Just make the heat sword actually do some fire damage or something.  You know, like a white-hot sword would.  Ditto for the others.

Edit:

Let me just put things this way:  A system that is simple, practical, and functional is much preferred over a system that is flashy and convoluted but ineffective and unreliable.  Work from there.

If finisher attacks and such are still a thing that is desired after that is out of the way, implement it so that it does not interfere with the base functionality.  That is: use a second button!

Edited by Salganos

Brah. If you are running melee only without valkyr, you shoul be ashamed of yourself. Her first power takes out flying enies and other people that can't be reached with melee. I, personally, love melee 2.0 and thought the devs did great with it. I was happy *shrugs*. Guess I was the only one XD.

This.

Seriously, why are kubrows even a thing?

because everyone whined that they wanted a pet zanuka (which, i admit, would be awesome), but DE probably realized that having a pet who is primarily constructed from pieces of your butchered friends would be a rather morally bankrupt thing for a tenno to do, and so they had to go with kubrows, and although that eliminates the possibility of putting rocket-launchers on your pet, it does open up the whole "selective breeding for different abilities" angle

Edited by DeckChairVonBananaCamel