Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Invisibility Isn't The Same As It Was Before

Eidolon_Slayer

Enemies can track you when you fire your gun.

Moas continue to shoot in the last position they saw you when you go invisible. So don't stand in the same place.

Moas will also update their firing path if they're currently shooting at your old position and you fire your gun.

Guns are loud.

For MOA's its actually always been like that if you never noticed.

Most enemies in the game fire in bursts. MOA's fire in 12 shot bursts (their shots have more of a delay between them, so their firing time is a lot longer then the rest), Crewman in 5 I believe, Grineer Lancers in 10 (possibly) etc. , and they will continue to shoot at you until that burst is done.

Grenades are new, and infested are new. But MOAs have always been like that because of their core AI.

Edited by Cwierz

Once I was running a Capture or Deception or something. One of those missions where when you're done you can just tool around and mess about. I had my Shade on, and it cloaked. After about 7 minutes I had gathered all the remaining inhabitants of the ship in my own personal parade of about 20+ memebers. Then I used Avalanche and I had my own ice statue garden. Oh well...

Well that explains it all, except the grenade part. Was invisible and didn't shoot in a T4 interception. No teammates were close to me, and then I saw one corrupted lancer throw a grenade at me, killing me.

That one is probably a bug.

Just because they cant see you, doesnt mean that they cant hear you

This.

I noticed the change when I was running around with the Ignis during the Breeding Grounds missions. Enemies finally react to your sounds (although primitively; there's still nothing about blindly firing in your general direction), which is good and needs to stay.

Finally, Invisibility doesn't mean insta-win / godmode anymore.

Changes:
13.8.1 Unlisted change: Enemies now have basic awareness on contact or sound of invisible units, and will investigate last known position of this sound/contact.  There are a number of threads bringing up issues/discussions with this that are being read and relayed, thank you for posting!

I like the idea, but this makes it very difficult to revive a fallen team mates. When the update happened i couldn't understand what was going on. Died while reviving. Now that I know it's been changed, helping out other team mates will be a lot more difficult. Some people might find the effort not worth it. 

Also if sound isn't muted or muffled, can i get back the sound when i'm cloaked? It would only makes sense to muffle the audio if the actual sound of my frame is muffled or muted as well. This creates a disconnect, or confusion and isn't very intuitive. 

This also brings us back to the issue of sneak attacks. If they can hear us and become alerted then you can't perform sneak attacks. Taking more time to preform stealth actions/attacks will be less viable. They don't do enough damage vs the time invested, vary similar to combo chains at the moment. 

In concept it's a good idea. But a lot of other game mechanics has to change in order for this to work well.

Edited by Onyxism

Changes:
13.8.1 Unlisted change: Enemies now have basic awareness on contact or sound of invisible units, and will investigate last known position of this sound/contact.  There are a number of threads bringing up issues/discussions with this that are being read and relayed, thank you for posting!

I like the idea, but this makes it very difficult to revive a fallen team mates. When the update happened i couldn't understand what was going on. Died while reviving. Now that I know it's been changed, helping out other team mates will be a lot more difficult. Some people might find the effort not worth it. 

Also if sound isn't muted or muffled, can i get back the sound when i'm cloaked? It would only makes sense to muffle the audio if the actual sound of my frame is muffled or muted as well. This creates a disconnect, or confusion and isn't very intuitive. 

This also brings us back to the issue of sneak attacks. If they can hear us and become alerted then you can't perform sneak attacks. Taking more time to preform stealth actions/attacks will be less viable. They don't do enough damage vs the time invested, vary similar to combo chains at the moment. 

In concept it's a good idea. But a lot of other game mechanics has to change in order for this to work well.

Dotn shoot when you go to revive people and youll be fine

As for the rest

Invisible doesnt mean they cant hear or sense you

Guns are loud

Footsteps make noise

Tenno stink

Especially rhino

It makes perfect sense

Also all melee is silent IIRC and loki gets a 4x damage multiplier so any talk about melee not being viable is out the window