The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Guys.. Side Roll? Nice!

3Jane

To initiate a side-roll or back-flip:

Enter "aiming" mode by holding right-click.

Hold the desired movement key. (Forwards, backwards, side to side.)

Press the spacebar to jump.

Profit?

Not really, but it looks neat.

Doesn't that just do the "aimed dive" move? Let me try this out.

Edit: yeah that just does the dive.

What is this side roll? It's just a regular roll, but going to the side right? Same with back roll, just press back and tap sprint.

Edited by Gestalt

Actually,you aim,hold the movement key and then roll.Not jump.

OH! Let me try it. Thanks.

Edit: Ah they are indeed backflips and siderolls/cartwheels. Not sure how useful they are, but look cool nontheless.

Edited by Gestalt

not sure about the aim part.. I always thought that it was direction + tap SPRINT. nobody taught me that... just an extrapolation of forward roll. iirc, back flip is the result of "rolling backwards".

Yeah the rolling forward/backwwards/sideways is just direction + tap sprint, but apparently if you do it while in aim mode, you do a fancy back flip or sideway cartwheel. Really not exactly practical, since it takes you out of aim while you perform the flips anyways. The only real use for these are for when you sense threat coming for you while you're aiming. But then you could always just use the regular direction + tap sprint roll.

The backflip/side roll is useful when you want to get out of that area faster than normal. Noticing that the AI seems to have a hard time hitting me when I do these things. Backflip isn't particularly useful compared to side roll.

I do these moves occasionally when I want to get back into cover quickly. It's faster than directional sprinting since it has no acceleration animation.