The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vandal Envy Is A Serious Thing

ConsummateVs

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/53796-de-on-fp-bp-we-never-meant-to-imply-it-was-exclusive-wait-what/

im just going to leave this thread here about frost primes exclusivity, and apply it to everything you guys are posting....

:) nothing is set in stone. 

i was going to add all the old brakk re-release request threads(with all the comments of NO ITLL NEVER COME BACK deal with it!!) but i think this 1 thread is enough

Edited by MerelyARumor

Idk why people want the Braton V. It's worse than the original Braton. I have it and got it the day it came out. It's been rotting in my inventory since I got it to 30. :<

It isn't special. It's just.. a... gun... people need to get over it. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/53796-de-on-fp-bp-we-never-meant-to-imply-it-was-exclusive-wait-what/

im just going to leave this thread here about frost primes exclusivity, and apply it to everything you guys are posting....

:) nothing is set in stone. 

i was going to add all the old brakk re-release request threads(with all the comments of NO ITLL NEVER COME BACK deal with it!!) but i think this 1 thread is enough

They were doing frost prime's release on the fly.  Initially he was going to be cash only even.  He was the first prime and they were still working out how primes would be treated and made a slip up on the language.

Their intent on the exclusivity of the beta vandals doesn't really leave that kind of wiggle room.  That hot topic was specifically included in that thread in response to people asking for the vandals to be re released and they specifically said that lobbying was not encouraged.  Their intent is quite clear.

Brakk was never stated to be exclusive.

Edited by Aggh

I sold off the Prova Vandal, did the event twice and the first time I just wanted enough points to get the badge alone but ended up getting the mods too, did it again, beat my old score, got the Prova Vandal, then sold it right after I got it.

It's only useful for that free weapon slot.

Oh and sold off my Braton, Lato and Snipetron Vandal, their weapon slots were to important to pass up.

Edited by __Kanade__

I've been playing this game since day one of open beta, and sadly missed getting both the Braton and the Lato Vandal

I am a bit of a collector in games and because of this I'm saddened by not being able to have them

However I do not believe they should be given out again, being given a rare item in a game for playing in closed beta, or even early open beta should make you feel like you earned it and deserved it, a mark of status to show how you've been supporting the game for longer than some "founders".

Not everyone could afford the Founder's Packs so they couldn't get the exclusives from them, leave them with their sense of pride in owning these two weapons without fear of others getting them and cheapening their glory.

Those being hoardy and saying "NO IT'S A GIFT FOR PARTICIPATING IN CLOSED BETA". Shut up! The only exclusive items are Founders gear, and the Vandals have every potential to come back. The Lato Vandal yes, was given to closed beta's, but the Braton WASN'T, so, in every respect, we should all get a 2nd shot, and longer attempt, at getting the Braton and Lato Vandal (as I say, the Lato is NOT exclusive either)

While the Braton Vandal was available for a few days if you missed it , too bad? Several of my Friends missed buying it off the market and one who has been playing since day 1 of open missed it as well . The Lato Vandal was given to any one who participated in the closed beta weekend 6-ish weeks before launch. Now they said that at the time those where exclusives, limited release, one time only. Sure i'd like too see all of you very jealous and sometimes whiny lil' tenno get one but, again , too bad.

I wonder what DE's point of view is on the Vandals... Are they treated like Founder's exclusives... in terms... Braton Vandal/Lato Vandal won't come back because exclusives?

Most of the exclusives threads never mention them (only useless Skana Prime/Lato Prime/Excalibro Prime, where DE made the state clear already).

Would be nice to see DE say either "nope, same thing as founders" or "maybe because no-one paid for them real money".

Edited by MeduSalem

I wonder what DE's point of view is on the Vandals... Are they treated like Founder's exclusives... in terms... Braton Vandal/Lato Vandal won't come back because exclusives?

Most of the exclusives threads never mention them (only useless Skana Prime/Lato Prime/Excalibro Prime, where DE made the state clear already).

Would be nice to see DE say either "nope, same thing as founders" or "maybe because no-one paid for them real money".

they could answer that right now and have whatever they say be used to crucify them later like everything else is

Honestly I never see anyone use these for anything serious. I get the envy but there are people out there who really don't care. Half the time if I host a run I don't even look at what others have equipped. I wait for the,"Ready","r","lets go", etc. I use penta, marelok, and ichors most of the time (yes I am one of those guys). Instead of wondering,"Does all my sh!t look good as I pawn mobs?".I usually wonder, "Why is that guy going down so much?". I guess it is all about priorities.

Well mate the Vandal weapons are mostly for looks the only vandal weapon which can actually be called worth having would be the Snipetron Vandal since it it dishes some great damage(although it is really out-shadowed by Marelok which can do easy 2-3k of damage)

The Braton Vandal used to be a decent weapon but now it is slightly diffrent than a regular braton

The Lato vandal is a good all-around side arm untill mid game after that it just sucks

The Prova vandal well..... is okay i guess..

While I'm not crying about Braton and Lato Vandals...  I do hope they "Vandal-ize" a pistol for the next event.  Maybe the Detron or....

Get ready for it....

[size=8]Spectra Vandal!!![/size]  and yeah...  one that doesn't suck and is actually more powerful than those laser pointers used for presentations, etc.  XD

I choose to be his equal xD

Warframe0014.jpg

On topic however to where this thread has gone, I kind of agree with the Braton V coming back, I played at the time and missed it when it came out, I regret that, but it has little affect on this argument. The flipside of this is that if they do bring Braton V back then they also will have to give at least one second chance to every other exclusive on the same kind of tier, and also prepare to have people complaining that they missed the second chance and feel entitled to a third chance.

:o

While I'm not crying about Braton and Lato Vandals...  I do hope they "Vandal-ize" a pistol for the next event.  Maybe the Detron or....

Get ready for it....

Spectra Vandal!!!  and yeah...  one that doesn't suck and is actually more powerful than those laser pointers used for presentations, etc.  XD

Shush.  Angstrum vandal :|

The very first community hot topics is the last thing said directly about these 2 weapons https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/38144-may-1st-hot-feedback-topics/ the time this was posted there were only 2 vandals braton and lato so it speaking specifically to those items.

Some people like to use the line

I've seen that link that before. It's over a year old, and if you think that it's even just a little reasonable to say that a post that old considering how much has changed since then is still 100% cut and dry, I'd say you're rather silly for thinking so.

But when I ask them if DE will have to come back next year and talk about the founders items again they usually dont have a response.

Others still will refer to live stream 22 and its "disney vault" specifically the time stamp around 37:12 here is a link

The weapon they keep mentioning is the brakk which is a weapon given out not by the devs but lore wise by Ruk.  At the end of it Steve says the way the worded the founders thing will make it so they can't re-release these items. Well the way its worded for the braton vandal is "Braton Vandal added for this weekend only" again the link https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/10762-update-63-hotfixes/

The Lato vandal was put in the inventory of all the people who were closed beta testers even if you were just there for a day. We didn't have to purchase it or grind for it or do anything else just had to be playing the game before March 18th 2013 and poof it appeared in your arsenal.  A gift straight from the devs for participation in the CBT.

What I think DE means by stuff coming back out of the "disney vault" are items that were earned through an event that happened in the in game universe. So any of the wraith weapons or snipetron vandal could make a come back (though I think sniptron vandal wont be, cause its kinda lore breaking according to DE). Items like the brakk and detron were first rewards for an event and they made their come back already in the form of hunting down some elusive RNG base drops off RNG based mobs who will only attack you if you lucked out and got their attention through another RNG based wall.

TL;DR

I dont think the Braton vandal or the Lato Vandal will ever see a re-release cause reasons stated above.

Edited by Brontolith

The very first community hot topics is the last thing said directly about these 2 weapons https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/38144-may-1st-hot-feedback-topics/ the time this was posted there were only 2 vandals braton and lato so it speaking specifically to those items.

Oh good that they covered that one a long time ago... Never really read the first Community Hot Topics because I didn't spend this much time on the forums back then... :P

Edited by MeduSalem