Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cover System

Darkvramp

I know that the devs have told us again and again that this is a ninja game, and a few of you will give negative feedback and be all ungodly piss ants. But before  you do, read a little into my idea and think with your head instead of with your genitals(Men) and any women reading, slap the nearest guy and make him think for once.

When i think of war, i always think tactical running and gunning from cover to cover is the best choice. But there is no such cover system in this game. The grineer and corpus have it, but we do not. We are ninja, and having a high degree of mobility is important and welcome, but it does not make any sense in defending an object to be running from one side of the map to the other defending the thing in the middle. It does not make any sense to run around shooting behind you at a hoard of infested. no just no

It make sense to retreat to cover when your shields are low to allow them to recharge, it makes sense to retreat an find a defensible  position from cover to defend the object., it makes sense that if you are being shot at from cover to use cover to move up to their positions and eliminate them.

And all this does is add to the game, giving weaker players an advantage, giving those with snipers an advantage, slowing down the pace a bit so you can enjoy the tile set.

Rhino can still be rhino ironing skin up and holding the mini gun and screaming like Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Trinity can stand behind from cover and provide more support. Nix can get into the thick of it and survive longer. All warframes can be more stealthy from behind cover. What is the disadvantage? it does not have to be an active cover system that would be counter productive, maybe it could be toggleable by pressing a key. Feedback anybody, don't clog the topic with spam.(you spam pigs)

The whole point of the game is supposed to be fast passed. Thats why its called "run and gun". Get to your objective, complete it, get out.

A cover system would significantly slow down that process.

Maybe, maybe, DE could add a cover system, but only for certain spots, or add in certain spots that you can take cover in. Not just on every and all walls/objects.

This has been brought up before, and the game would benefit from any sort of cover system besides RUN BEHIND SOMETHING!

No matter what you call it, the gameplay is predominantly a shooter, and almost any shooter you find will have some sort of contextual cover system. 

The fact WF doesn't have one shouldn't be written off as a blackmark against the developers though, it's still a Beta. Technically.

When I think cover systems, I think Gears of War. I like the pacing of the game as is, and I hide behind boxes and cover that I can fit behind when need be.

That thought aside, the flow of the game is suppose to be fast. If I want to snipe, I go solo or play with clanmates who don't rush. The snipers don't need a cover system to help them. There are spots for cover that you can use, as well those you're shooting. I'd rather not have myself glued to a random chunk of cover when running around to play the game. Got enough of that from GoW and it bugged the HELL out of me. No cover systems please. I like to be a Space Ninja.

When I think cover systems, I think Gears of War. I like the pacing of the game as is, and I hide behind boxes and cover that I can fit behind when need be.

That thought aside, the flow of the game is suppose to be fast. If I want to snipe, I go solo or play with clanmates who don't rush. The snipers don't need a cover system to help them. There are spots for cover that you can use, as well those you're shooting. I'd rather not have myself glued to a random chunk of cover when running around to play the game. Got enough of that from GoW and it bugged the HELL out of me. No cover systems please. I like to be a Space Ninja.

...Except for the fact that you are NOT a space ninja. With the current setup of 90% of warframes, you are a space soldier/space wizard. Almost all of the damage dealt to enemies is through powers, even with stealthier warframes such as ash, loki, or even Banshee. And for future reference, ninjas would get their asses in cover if it was a viable approach to a battle. Just sayin'.

...Except for the fact that you are NOT a space ninja. With the current setup of 90% of warframes, you are a space soldier/space wizard. Almost all of the damage dealt to enemies is through powers, even with stealthier warframes such as ash, loki, or even Banshee. And for future reference, ninjas would get their asses in cover if it was a viable approach to a battle. Just sayin'.

Make one point, get told point is invalid. I just put my two cents in, no need to tell me I'm wrong because ninjas weren't seen.

Tenno can utilize cover to avoid shots. The thing is that it's rarely used in this game. This game is all about us being in constant god-mode. We are all-powerful. We don't need cover. They are weak. They have to use cover to stay alive. A cover system would serve no purpose with the type of game this is. Players who do want a change of pace can play solo. In fact, completing the star chart solo was the first 100 hours of my Warframe gameplay. But that is a whole other story, and an experience that few others would share. The main point is that cover isn't used enough in this game for a proper system to be implemented, and gameplay changes to encourage using it would change the type of game this is altogether. This game has features that address the desires of both a broad and specific variety of players, but it cannot be every game at once.

We have cover. You physically stand behind things, and then bullets cannot hit you. 

Wall-Humping is my least favorite game mechanic from recent memory and I am very happy to watch it die in a fire. 

I don't get the "we are ninja, so we don't use cover" argument at all. We are not anything like ninja first of all, and as if ninjas would'nt be clinging to walls, peeking around corners.

In fact, if we ever get to some proper stealth gameplay - I think that type of mission/mode would benefit from a cover system - as a helpful/reliable way of staying undetected.

However, in the thick of battle, I like the mobility of there not being a toggling cover system. And I use cover as a matter of course. Running around in T4 surv with my 300 health nyx I don't bloody well reload out in the open.. 

Tenno can utilize cover to avoid shots. The thing is that it's rarely used in this game. This game is all about us being in constant god-mode. We are all-powerful. We don't need cover. They are weak. They have to use cover to stay alive. A cover system would serve no purpose with the type of game this is. Players who do want a change of pace can play solo. In fact, completing the star chart solo was the first 100 hours of my Warframe gameplay. But that is a whole other story, and an experience that few others would share. The main point is that cover isn't used enough in this game for a proper system to be implemented, and gameplay changes to encourage using it would change the type of game this is altogether. This game has features that address the desires of both a broad and specific variety of players, but it cannot be every game at once.

I don't get the "we are ninja, so we don't use cover" argument at all. We are not anything like ninja first of all, and as if ninjas would'nt be clinging to walls, peeking around corners.

In fact, if we ever get to some proper stealth gameplay - I think that type of mission/mode would benefit from a cover system - as a helpful/reliable way of staying undetected.

However, in the thick of battle, I like the mobility of there not being a toggling cover system. And I use cover as a matter of course. Running around in T4 surv with my 300 health nyx I don't bloody well reload out in the open.. 

I like some of these comments. It is true, most of the frames are not ninjas, but wizard/solder hybrids.

I would feel better about a system, maybe a game mode, i would be ok with that, that used some sort of cover system, it would break the endless running and gunning the game seems to love.  And no matter what someone says, too much of one thing to lead to problems.

We are not invincible, we can die, and the grineer and corpus are not week, hell they control the entire solar system.