Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Soul Punch.

S0ulre4per

Hi. I know he is a support frame and he is near immortal with spamming desecrate, but still make his soul punch more usefull, yes it ragdolls enemies but atleast add some DPS or stun for few seconds, that would be nice/ and more usefull.

perhaps... i'm content enough with Soul Punch ragdolling Enemies.

i'd prefer have Animation Lock removed and FreeAim added to it first, as those are my two primary complaints.

as for Damage... it does... okay Damage, the initial Enemy takes alright Damage, and if the projectile hits a Surface to ragdoll others, that's not primarily for Damage, but the ragdoll. 

that being said, one IPS type does make it fairly ehh in all situations, perhaps it should deal some Puncture as well. some other Damage Types that could be added on to reinforce the 'Soul Punch' idea, would be possibly Ice, Blast, or even Finisher Damage.

They've mentioned they are going to re-work him in the past.  I hope it is soon, since right now I have him moth-balled at level 14.  

I just don't find him fun to play the way he is since his only truly useful ability is desecrate.

I like the idea of him and his look but playing him with the intention of only beating the RNG wall to me isn't my idea of fun.  

I'd really like to see all but desecrate improved.

Soul-punch should be replaced by some sort of life-leech or drain (perhaps a convert enemy health to health/energy for Nekros like Equilibrium?).  The "punch" animation should then be replaced by a 'pull' animation (like Mag's).

Terrify should stun/make enemies cower for a couple seconds before they run.  Or should be replaced by a DoT of some sort.

Shadows of the dead should just be thrown out - make it do some sort of AoE "ghostly" damage like the end of the first Indiana Jones.  The summon dead enemies just doesn't work for me & is a waste of energy and time.  It also encourages Nekros not to shoot/kill weaker enemies which equates to even less things for him to do.

i hope he gets a rework like Valkyr. His idea and looks are amazing (a motherf%$@#$% necromancer), but honestly his only usefull ability IS desecrate and thats it. shadows of the dead look cool buuuut they are time based so thats not that good, they should just let them live until they die again not just vanish when time is up.

Soul punch is just so bad. There's no other real suggestion I can give for improving it rather than just removing it and replacing it with a skill that's better. When I saw smite I felt that's the soul punch he should have had but then it'd be a clone skill. I would rather have another 50 cost skill than a 25 skill that grants no real synergy: or a really good 25 skill valid enough to be a 50 skill considering his kit is rather poor.

Make it a one-handed cast (like Shuriken, Shock, etc.) and make its secondary damage components (the projectile and its explosion upon terrain) scale with mod level and power strength.  A Viral or Slash proc on the primary target (you just punched its soul out!) would also help Nekros secure revives for his 4 on heavy targets.

ragdolling?  stunning?   both are pretty much the same, they remove the target from combat/actions while you carry on as usual, soul punch is good enough as is tbh, esp as those bodies flying around let you play bowling with npc's as skittles.

its a decent ability when you have max pwr eff, it the only thing i equip other than desecrate, both decent abilitys to spam with natural talent.

i much rather use Terrify than soul punch. That skill is horrible.

which i see is why it needs a rework.

So in your mind, every single skill should be extremely effective?

What is it like not understanding the concept of balance?

I actually like soul punch a lot.

it's just got that satisfying thud.

however I believe that pretty much all abilities should have some utility on top of damage, and that bots getting up to fast is a real problem with a lot of abilities.

you can slam them to the floor with Oberon and they bounce back up in seconds, you can pull them with mag or crush them, or push them with banshee or ripline them with valk but they all just get up like nothing has happens if they are not dead.

So I think a bit more time on the ground would be nice and maybe a bit of recovery time where they are slowed for lil bit before they get back fully to the fight.