The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happened To The Earth Warframe?

NoggDog117

How is rhino an "Earth" type?
second ability: Iron skin. Where he gives his skin the properties of being very tough, LIKE A RHINO
forth ability: Rhino stomp. where he stomps the ground, LIKE A RHINO

Second Ability: Iron Skin. Iron comes from Iron Ore, something you get from the earth. It's not "Leather Skin" or "Tough Skin," it's IRON skin. As in metal and earth.

Fourth Ability: Pretty much seismic shockwave/earthquake. It's a powerful blast transmitted through the ground; causes ground to shake, throw enemies off their feet, etc.

So, earthy abilities.

That is a neat idea. "Fossilize" Maybe a CC technique that disables enemies in a radius around the player? Freezes them in place for no damage, makes them vulnerable to attack, and after a certain amount of time they break free and resume?

No idea but it would be awesome to have dead petrified enemies standing around the map. Think of all the art we could make.

I also see Rhino mostly as a physical frame whos motto would be something like: Force beyond measure.

Edited by Septin

No idea but it would be awesome to have dead petrified enemies standing around the map. Think of all the art we could make.

Turning dead enemies into barriers to block enemies behind? And the only way for enemies to proceed would be to destroy the barriers?

You could quite literally turn defense maps into a tower-defense thing.

Or maybe just have a "Barrier' skill that erects an earthen wall.

Turning dead enemies into barriers to block enemies behind? And the only way for enemies to proceed would be to destroy the barriers?

You could quite literally turn defense maps into a tower-defense thing.

Or maybe just have a "Barrier' skill that erects an earthen wall.

Both of those sounds very fun but i think a barrier skill that makes a wall of stone/earth would break some pathing for the enemies. Well that is if they could destroy it.

EDIT: It could take exstra damage from blast damage. Then those grineer bombards could come in handy.

Edited by Septin

I also see Rhino mostly as a physical frame whos motto would be something like: Force beyond measure.

My friend made a good analogy that Rhino was a Warframe that controls Kinetic energy. I have personally never view Rhino as a completely Earthen warframe just to have some Earth based abilities 

This is Tenno space magic we are talking about. I wouldnt be suprised if a earth frame would be able to petrify enemies.

OOOh, that's an idea. 

Maybe this new frame, who alters the material structure of simple things like alarms and lockers, can have an ability that does just that! Something that sends enemies into stasis.

And her name should thusly be called, Medusa!

• 2 weeks later...

Second Ability: Iron Skin. Iron comes from Iron Ore, something you get from the earth. It's not "Leather Skin" or "Tough Skin," it's IRON skin. As in metal and earth.

Fourth Ability: Pretty much seismic shockwave/earthquake. It's a powerful blast transmitted through the ground; causes ground to shake, throw enemies off their feet, etc.

So, earthy abilities.

I'll agree upon your interpretation of the 2nd ability. But here's the direct explanation of Rhino Stomp: "Rhino stomps with force sufficient to disrupt time, tumbling enemies around him in stasis." 

Therefore, its not an earthquake. So with only 1 out of 4 abilties "earth based" you cant call rhino an earth warframe.

I said classic elements. I am not denying that Frost and Volt are elemental frames but i used "classic" because its a popular term to describe the four elements of water, fire, earth and air. Also perhaps the reason the next frame is not earth themed could be that they wanna have a equal gender balance between the classic ones.

And yes i know ice is water frozen into a solid state but i am pretty sure that most people consider the classic elemental water to its liquid state.

You a alchemist or sth?

Just so you guys know, I never considered Rhino as a tank.

He can't damage absorb well, except on easier levels.

But he can deal a crap lot of damage by standing around and hit people.

I consider him as a true tank (armor + always dying + blows up all the time + ego + damage dealing powers). Or the Rhino that I sometimes play with are like that and I must use Trinity Blessing on them but then again that doesn't helps all the time because when they are low on health I might be too slow because of cast time but at least if I'm fast it gives more damage reduction but sometimes I'm too late because their health bar either goes down too fast or just doesn't flash so I don't notice the fact that his iron skin is dead and the fact that he is DEAD now.

*BREATH*.

In other words, I picture Rhino as this piece of soft plastic with a REALLY medium gun and a nice shiny 1 inch thick titanium shield in front of him (that has really big breaks in it)

Hilariously, I love (Quick Thinking + Vitality + Valkyr) + Blessing + (Quick Thinking + Trinity) and some strategic tanking. I feel, personnaly, that instead of being the 'weak and squishy' medic, she's the true tank even with her nerf. 

So, I would want a true tank coming in that makes enemies damage him instead of his allies and is a nice good shield that doesn't die all the time.

It's an opinion only, feel free to contradict.

Edited by jjpdn