Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Friendly Reminder That Mutalist Ospreys Are Still Ducking Annoying :)

inappropriatename5818

When I shoot my 6 forma penta into a dinky little airplane thingy that is carrying a crawler I expect it to fuken die...  

Seriously, I need 2 penta shots to kill one, just because it's immune while it carries a charger.   

That and poison is still bullS#&$, only difference the change made is now the gas genocide begins at wave 7 instead of 3.  

Make them explode into smoke when they charge or give their stupid charge a cooldown or something so they can't constantly dash around S#&$ting smoke everywhere.  

Since when are they immune when carrying a crawler? And its a good unit, it actually makes the infested dangerous instead of being a meat grinder. Try aiming for the mutalist ospreys first instead of the other units (unless your surrounded).

TBH I think they need another nerf. It's real nice having melee 2.0 and all.. But once all of them swarm the pod you are still useless.

The spawn rate should be decreased or the ticks lowered.

>inb4 get a gun

yeah.. no.. we got an option to take of weapons so we can go melee only for a reason.

Honestly infested went from fun to annoying and you're almost better off just grinding in the void.

Since when are they immune when carrying a crawler? And its a good unit, it actually makes the infested dangerous instead of being a meat grinder. Try aiming for the mutalist ospreys first instead of the other units (unless your surrounded).

I agree, but even still, the poison dmg is too high for something that is mass spawned. It should be toned down a bit, not so much that it becomes just another fart cloud, but not so bad that we die in mere seconds cause we can't get out of 3 or 4 clouds spawned around us.

When I shoot my 6 forma penta into a dinky little airplane thingy that is carrying a crawler I expect it to fuken die...  

Seriously, I need 2 penta shots to kill one, just because it's immune while it carries a charger.     

Not exactly. The way the game calculates explosions is a little wonky. If you, for example, shot your grenade above the osprey, it will die.

Prova is the way

Perform a ground attack and you'll destroy it

Limiting my choices isnt fun. Melee 2.0 has to be polished so that we can hit flying enemies with some efficiency. Currently the ospreys are amazing, they make crawlers become threats, there farts are a challenge, etc.

But limiting me to have to always bring my gun so that I can kill them is ridiculous, especially with how slow it is to swap weapons, I cant go with my primary, kill the ospreys, then pull out my melee, the switching in the game is too slow, kills any pace.

Other than using Galatine w/Cleaving Whirlwind, yeah melee weapons suffer against the ospreys. I say if DE's gonna give us Darksiders-like combo strings, they may as well give us the option of doing an air combo (maybe tapping the melee key would do an air combo, while holding it does the ground smash).
One idea I had floating in my head was from reading about Kingdom Under Fire 2's feature of letting players switch from an RTS mode to an "RPG mode" (Dynasty Warriors) on the fly, and I thought maybe melee here could work that way as well. Using your primary/secondary puts you into the familiar OTS view, but once you switch to your melee, your view zooms out and feels more like a third person action game like Darksiders. It would allow for combo strings, air combos, perhaps even grabs, as well as free flowing movement. Just a thought.